Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Dead Cat Bounce save Marvin, Piano Man and crew?
After underachieving all year, the Bengals pulled off two improbable wins against the Lions and Ravens. This has resulted in far worse draft slots than the Bengals were looking at. Along with worse draft slots, will the dead cat bounce embolden Mike Brown to bring the perpetual underachievers back for another round?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
No.

Mike Brown is not happy. He wants a Lombardi and he’s seen enough. The players are there for the most part. The schemes are horrific. That’s on the coaches — all of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Offensive changes are coming for sure.
Reply/Quote
Winning the last two weeks moved the Bengals to the #12 slot. If they would’ve lost both, they would’ve drafted 5th. As it stands now, they’re likely going to miss out on drafting Nelson, one of the top QB’s, Roquan Smith, and Derwin James. A lot to lose out on for games that mean little in the grand scheme of things. While no one wants the team to straight out tank, winning those games were not beneficial from a strategic standpoint.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:34 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Winning the last two weeks moved the Bengals to the #12 slot.  If they would’ve lost both, they would’ve drafted 5th.  As it stands now, they’re likely going to miss out on drafting Nelson, one of the top QB’s, Roquan Smith, and Derwin James.  A lot to lose out on for games that mean little in the grand scheme of things.  While no one wants the team to straight out tank, winning those games were not beneficial from a strategic standpoint.

Cold weather practice, baby.  Cold weather practice.  C'mon, wasn't it enjoyable watching the looks on Caldwell and Harbob's faces after those games?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No.

Mike Brown is not happy. He wants a Lombardi and he’s seen enough. The players are there for the most part. The schemes are horrific. That’s on the coaches — all of them.

He wants a Lombardi, but he wants it his way. If he really wanted one, he’d hire a GM and head coach and let them handle all player personnel decisions. Ain’t gonna happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown is not happy.  He wants a Lombardi and he’s seen enough.  The players are there for the most part.  The schemes are horrific.  That’s on the coaches — all of them.

Mike Brown is plenty happy.  He's making a shitload of money while possessing the football acumen of a mildly-******** cocker spaniel.  Ask that senile old fool if he wants a Lombardi and he'd say "Heck, no. What do I need with some fancy Italian sports car when I have a perfectly good Lumina?"  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I know people say this sarcastically, or perhaps non-sarcastically (but fail to follow through), but if Marvin and/or Paul A are back next year, I will legitimately either stop watching, or probably only watch like 3-4 games.

My interest is at an extreme low right now, and that would be the nail in the coffin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know people say this sarcastically, or perhaps non-sarcastically (but fail to follow through), but if Marvin and/or Paul A are back next year, I will legitimately either stop watching, or probably only watch like 3-4 games.

My interest is at an extreme low right now, and that would be the nail in the coffin.

Only if they’re losing. If they’re winning, I’d bet you’ll be as engaged as ever.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:21 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Only if they’re losing. If they’re winning, I’d bet you’ll be as engaged as ever.

If Marvin is brought back, there won't be any winning to speak of. The coordinators that helped Marvin seem like a halfway decent coach are long gone. We'll see more of the same shit next year, likely even worse
Reply/Quote

Mike is the guy responsible for putting this team together, allowing the offensive line to decline, and relied upon Ogbuehi and Fisher as the starting OTs despite what he saw last year without a viable plan B. Mike lost this season during the offseason doing his typically shitty job as GM.
Reply/Quote
This team has talent, as much, and maybe more than most teams. The teams needs some new ideas, as well as fine tuning of the plays we have. We need to teach the young players, maybe each should have a mentor assigned.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone else besides me think the two year-end wins were NOT a dead cat bounce?

The TD at the end of the Ravens game was a thing of beauty along with the Darquez Dennard pick six.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Mike is the guy responsible for putting this team together, allowing the offensive line to decline, and relied upon Ogbuehi and Fisher as the starting OTs despite what he saw last year without a viable plan B.  Mike lost this season during the offseason doing his typically shitty job as GM.

And Tobin twiddles his thumbs in the corner.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:28 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Does anyone else besides me think the two year-end wins were NOT a dead cat bounce?

The TD at the end of the Ravens game was a thing of beauty along with the Darquez Dennard pick six.

Dennards pick 6 was complete luck, but the TD pass to Boyd was a thing of beauty. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 09:20 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: And Tobin twiddles his thumbs in the corner.

Tobin is a scout. Not the owner/GM not re-signing Whitworth, signing D list veteran free agents to their last NFL contract, and drafting offensive skill positions with injury and character concerns in the first two rounds when the offensive line is one of the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:21 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Only if they’re losing. If they’re winning, I’d bet you’ll be as engaged as ever.

(01-01-2018, 01:43 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Marvin is brought back, there won't be any winning to speak of. The coordinators that helped Marvin seem like a halfway decent coach are long gone. We'll see more of the same shit next year, likely even worse

This, and also the fact that even if Marvin comes back and the Bengals manage to win 9-10 games and get a wildcard, I know it's still Marvin Lewis coaching the team, and they'll just be an embarrassment in the first postseason game and lose. Marvin could take a team with prime Tom Brady/Jerry Rice/Barry Sanders, and conservatively F his way into losing in the first round.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This, and also the fact that even if Marvin comes back and the Bengals manage to win 9-10 games and get a wildcard, I know it's still Marvin Lewis coaching the team, and they'll just be an embarrassment in the first postseason game and lose. Marvin could take a team with prime Tom Brady/Jerry Rice/Barry Sanders, and conservatively F his way into losing in the first round.

And the sad thing is the dead cat bounce just might have saved Marvin and Piano Man yet again. Where, in the best of times, we’re doomed to no nads Marvin conserving his way to another 1st round Playoff loss, all the while benching the rooks and trotting out underachievers.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
He dead cat bounce was enough to save Marvin. Only Mike Brown would hang Marvin a two year extension after two pathetic seasons, and sixteen seasons of zero Playoff wins. The happiest people are undoubtedly Steelers fans. Chalk up two more L’s next year, along with the predictable 2nd half meltdowns and lack of adjustments. Mike Brown is an absolute moron as an NFL GM.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote

LOL

Mike's seen enough alright.
Reply/Quote