Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Like Our Chances Going Forward
(11-21-2018, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing is the gameplan from Marv was bad which is why i don't like our chances.

As i said in the other threads there is no big mystery to stopping Lamar Jackson, you keep him in the pocket and
make him pass the damn ball. If he beats you through the air, so be it. Just don't let him beat you with his legs,
which in the end he did. The tackling was bad once again, i know it was Marv's first game and i didn't expect it
to magically turn around in one week but still, it was bad.

Also the Offense has also fell off a bit of a cliff in the running and passing game. I still like our weapons and think
they are good enough to get the job done if the Line improves but this Defense has to stop the other team at the
end of halves and games for me to like our chances.

I agree on both points.

Baltimore shut down the run and knew we didn't have the receivers to beat them through the air.

Although we loaded the box, Jackson got outside.

Injuries have been the difference between the Team in the first 5 games vs the second five games.

If the Team gets healthy, 10-6 is a real possibility. If not, then 8-8 is reality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is hard to predict anything seeing our injury report and IR lists seem to be in overdrive. But, if AJ is back this week and stays health the rest of t the year I see:

2 wins versus Browns
Raiders and Broncos wins

Our 10th win comes at Pittsburgh (if we have 9 wins and they have clinched and a great reason to sit star players).

So, lets hope the Steelers can not improve their seed position week 17 so they rest key players to get ready for the playoffs to avoid injury against a team that would love to leave them walking out of the stadium battered and bruised anyway.

I must admit that my confidence in how this season will play out is rather shaky at the moment, but I would very much like to see what you've described here.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Going forward, I like our chances that Jungle Noise will continue to be one of the whiniest forums on the internet.

I'd imagine the message boards of most teams are pretty whiney when they've lost 4 of the last 5.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 05:02 AM)grampahol Wrote: In the confidence universe you're way out there in happy happy joy joyville while I'm at the other end of the universe in Yeah, it ain't happeningville.. 
I hope I'm wrong, but with so many injuries piling up and more likely on the way I just can't bring myself to feel a sense of optimism. 

To all die-hard Bengals fans,here is my prediction,we are going to lose to the Browns by two scores,they are moving up and we are putting all of our players in IR. ITs so insane,its just hard to believe how insane this staff is.eight and eight.We will lose both games to the Browns and of course the Steelers are just going to kill us and once again we will be embarrassed by the whole world.Cincinnati is known as the loser city and no good players want to come near here. Sad
Reply/Quote
I like our chances, of drafting in the top half of the 1st round..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like our chances, of drafting in the top half of the 1st round..

To me, it’s almost becoming, what’s the point of rooting for this team?

We aren’t winning a super bowl this year. Based on our play vs elite teams this year and our lack of talent at several key positions, we really aren’t close to winning one.

Based on who owns the team, we need an innovative coaching staff that holds players accountable. And we don’t have anything resembling that
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 10:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd imagine the message boards of most teams are pretty whiney when they've lost 4 of the last 5.  

Even more so when the team has not won a playoff game in 26 years
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:37 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Do you really think the bengals will win 5 of their next 6 games? We couldnt even beat a team with a rb playing qb.

Exactly. At this point, the uninspired way they've played the last few weeks, they're going to be fortunate to go 3-3 and end up with another "average" year. 

Hurrah

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Going forward, I like our chances that Jungle Noise will continue to be one of the whiniest forums on the internet.

IKR?!

I mean, below average to average years are really something to get excited about, aren't they? 

Watching a team get their face kicked in multiple times a year really inspires me!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:11 PM)N_B Wrote: To me, it’s almost becoming, what’s the point of rooting for this team?

We aren’t winning a super bowl this year.  Based on our play vs elite teams this year and our lack of talent at several key positions, we really aren’t close to winning one.

Based on who owns the team, we need an innovative coaching staff that holds players accountable.  And we don’t have anything resembling that

Eh, don't get too discouraged, brother.  I can remember a time before Mike Brown was the owner, and the team was actually competitive, even played in a couple of Super Bowls, almost winning one.  I guess what I'm saying is being a fan of a particular team is a lifetime ordeal, as much as it is also a curse to be stuck with them through thick and thin.  As much as Paul Brown was an innovator, Mike Brown is a "just keep the team profitable" kind of guy.  The man can't live forever, I only hope to outlive his reign over the franchise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: IKR?!

I mean, below average to average years are really something to get excited about, aren't they? 

Watching a team get their face kicked in multiple times a year really inspires me!

One of the differences with the Bengals is that other fanbases can generally get optimistic during losing seasons (not that this is a dire, awful season...but we've seen a few) about who their new HC or GM etc. will be.  We've had the same GM and HC for a combined, what...42 years or so?  We don't get that sort of "we stink, but let's chat about what will change" sort of homerism. I'm not saying turnover is the key to success, but it does make for a more optimistic message board.

Things going well? Yay
Things not going so well? Let's get pumped about who might take over for the guys who are currently failing

We haven't changed HC or GM or made big trades or FA signings etc. That stuff leads to people being a bit more engaged and at least positive...though, I think fans are mostly overly-optimistic and delusional. I doubt it is a coincidence our franchise makes few changes and we as fans spend the off-seasons getting optimistic about how great our WR bench could be. Gotta find optimism somewhere, eh?
Reply/Quote
I'm fully confident we'll lose all but the last game against Pittsburgh because it'll once again save Marv's job when it counts the least and Pittsburgh knows that if they lose the last game we'll be straddled with Marv yet another season. The worst thing that can happen to Pittsburgh is for Marvin to get fired finally. They won't let that happen. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm fully confident we'll lose all but the last game against Pittsburgh because it'll once again save Marv's job when it counts the least and Pittsburgh knows that if they lose the last game we'll be straddled with Marv yet another season. The worst thing that can happen to Pittsburgh is for Marvin to get fired finally. They won't let that happen. 

Marvin Lewis is 8-25 vs the Steelers.  I think we have enough evidence to say "losing to the Steelers" isn't a criteria Mike Brown holds against him. I guess it's possible that going 8-26 vs the Steelers will be one loss too far, but my breath...holding it, I hain't.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 10:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd imagine the message boards of most teams are pretty whiney when they've lost 4 of the last 5.  

True!

Unfortunately, that is the case for 25+ teams in the league regardless of losing streak.

Although on some levels it is cathartic for the whiner, it is however, simultaneously depressing for the readers. So it can become a perpetual, repetitive sad song.
Reply/Quote