Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Like RB Shemari Jones Highlights
Bengals added this undrafted free agent RB from Coastal Carolina. In fact Bengals have grabbed a few Coastal Carolina players. They must have some scouting on them. On YouTube I looked at his Highlights. FAST, very FAST. He hits the hole fast and he is off to the races. He has good size also, but he is FAST. I like how FAST he hits the hole, he doesn't take all day getting to the line. His Highlight footage is a lot of Long Gains.

After Mixon, I felt there was need for another RB in Depth. Now I didn't see in highlights Jones catching the ball or blocking. I'm sure he will need to be Coached Up. However the raw Speed is there and he is Big and Fast. He somewhat reminds me of how OJ Simpson would hit the line fast and break into the open field gaps fast for long gains. Or Paul Robinson of Bengals fame. Hit the hole fast or get outside on the sweep fast and get up field fast. BIG GAIN ABILITY. His highlights show a lot of 50 yard runs or more. The type of RB coaches uses as their Lightning Fast Big Play Runner.

So not as Big as Mixon, but I can see him as a good back-up to Mixon if they can get him Coached Up on catching and blocking. The Raw Speed is there, and he has good size. Nothing against the Bengals back-up RB's, but Bengals needed to bring in some fresh legs. I love Shermari Jones YouTube highlight footage. It would be great to see him adding this kind of speed to the Bengals Running Game. The more we can Run, the less defenses can power rush Burrow.

I wonder if he can catch punts or kick offs with this speed he has. If he can help on special teams, it's a good way to make the team also. The Fast Running Back Speed is there, and you can't coach Speed. He has plenty of Speed as a Running back. We could use more yards out of Mixon's back ups. We can't have this nonsense that if Mixon gets dinged up, Burrow gets clobbered because Defenses don't respect Bengals back-up RB's ability.

GO SUPER BOWL BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 02:55 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals added this undrafted free agent RB from Coastal Carolina.  In fact Bengals have grabbed a few Coastal Carolina players.  They must have some scouting on them.   On YouTube I looked at his Highlights.  FAST, very FAST.  He hits the hole fast and he is off to the races.  He has good size also, but he is FAST.  I like how FAST he hits the hole, he doesn't take all day getting to the line.  His Highlight footage is a lot of Long Gains.  

After Mixon, I felt there was need for another RB in Depth.  Now I didn't see in highlights Jones catching the ball or blocking.  I'm sure he will need to be Coached Up.  However the raw Speed is there and he is Big and Fast.  He somewhat reminds me of how OJ Simpson would hit the line fast and break into the open field gaps fast for long gains.  Or Paul Robinson of Bengals fame.  Hit the hole fast or get outside on the sweep fast and get up field fast.  BIG GAIN ABILITY.  His highlights show a lot of 50 yard runs or more.  The type of RB coaches uses as their Lightning Fast Big Play Runner.  

So not as Big as Mixon, but I can see him as a good back-up to Mixon if they can get him Coached Up on catching and blocking. The Raw Speed is there, and he has good size.  Nothing against the Bengals back-up RB's, but Bengals needed to bring in some fresh legs. I love Shermari Jones YouTube highlight footage.   It would be great to see him adding this kind of speed to the Bengals Running Game.  The more we can Run, the less defenses can power rush Burrow.

I wonder if he can catch punts or kick offs with this speed he has.  If he can help on special teams, it's a good way to make the team also.  The Fast Running Back Speed is there, and you can't coach Speed.  He has plenty of Speed as a Running back. We could use more yards out of Mixon's back ups. We can't have this nonsense that if Mixon gets dinged up, Burrow gets clobbered because Defenses don't respect Bengals back-up RB's ability.

GO SUPER BOWL BENGALS

So what would you say is his greatest attribute, Kevin?  5,000 words or less.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I took a look at the highlights and must concur, this guy is fast. The line should be able to open some holes and sustain blocks in 2022 so whoever is toting the ball should be able to at least get past the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 05:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So what would you say is his greatest attribute, Kevin?  5,000 words or less.   Ninja

He’s the Ricky Bobby of RBs!
Reply/Quote
We need someone to replace Tate is training camp star.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 05:29 PM)M.W. Wrote: I took a look at the highlights and must concur, this guy is fast. The line should be able to open some holes and sustain blocks in 2022 so whoever is toting the ball should be able to at least get past the line of scrimmage.

I just watched the highlights. I have to say, not hyped. Real low level of competition and I saw him get caught from behind on what you'd hope would be TDs against teams like Temple, Buffalo, N Illinois. He did manage to outrun S Alabama for a long TD, but I just don't see that translating to being able to go real fast against NFL caliber defenders. Heck, the Bengals just added 3 DBs who ran in the 4.3s in one draft. Had to look it up and this guy ran a 4.53 at his Pro Day, which is almost always a faster time than guys run at the Combine.

(05-01-2022, 05:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need someone to replace Tate is training camp star.

Lol, have no fear, there will always be some to step up for that title.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 05:29 PM)M.W. Wrote: I took a look at the highlights and must concur, this guy is fast. The line should be able to open some holes and sustain blocks in 2022 so whoever is toting the ball should be able to at least get past the line of scrimmage.

Right. You looked at the highlights and saw the same thing.  He doesn't dance around and jive around back there.  He hits the gas peddle and accelerates quick to the line.  He hits the hole fast and once through he stands up more looking for open field.  He isn't a cannonball 3 yard type.  I'm not saying he is OJ Simpson or Paul Robinson, but his running style is.  Fast acceleration, hitting the hole or outside corner, then standing up looking down field as he gains 30, 40, 50, yards shooting through the open areas past the D Line. 

Thank you for taking the time to look at the New Bengals RB college highlights, and you concur that he is FAST.  Yes, in 5,000 words or less, FAST.  I like that he doesn't spend all day dancing around in the backfield as O Line can't hold the Block and Defense swoops in.  I Like that he Hits The Running Lane POP, QUICK, and shoots through for big chunks of yards.  Again, it's The Way he runs in the open field that reminds me of how OJ Simpson and Paul Robinson ran and gained big chunks of yards, more straight up going fast like a WR once past the Trenches.

There is room for a good RB on this team, Bengals need one.  You can't just have Mixon, that isn't enough.  You need a good stable of fresh legs at RB, and Bengals just haven't had that.  More running would also cut down on how much Burrow gets clobbered. So I hope this RB can get Coached Up to catching and blocking, because he can flat out Run, Man can he Run.  You can not Coach Up Speed, and he has The Speed.

Now some may wonder then how we got him after the draft. Probably because some of these colleges like Coastal Carolina, Grambling, and the Black College Leagues get over looked, and they shouldn't. Some darn good ball players have came out of these Leagues. The Star Running Back for Coastal Carolina, sure, Why Not ? His highlight films look great. The Sun Belt Conference is a good Conference and Coastal Carolina is often a Championship Team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Honestly, these udfa have very little shot of making the roster...and they're special teasers if they do. Very very very small chance to turn into anything on a good roster.

And rb...for some reason...we play Mixon and Perrine. Others take years to get carries.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 06:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I just watched the highlights. I have to say, not hyped. Real low level of competition and I saw him get caught from behind on what you'd hope would be TDs against teams like Temple, Buffalo, N Illinois. He did manage to outrun S Alabama for a long TD, but I just don't see that translating to being able to go real fast against NFL caliber defenders. Heck, the Bengals just added 3 DBs who ran in the 4.3s in one draft. Had to look it up and this guy ran a 4.53 at his Pro Day, which is almost always a faster time than guys run at the Combine.

Lol, have no fear, there will always be some to step up for that title.
How many 220 lb running backs run faster than 4.53 in the NFL? I would care to venture you could count them on one hand so your point is moot.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, these udfa have very little shot of making the roster...and they're special teasers if they do. Very very very small chance to turn into anything on a good roster.

And rb...for some reason...we play Mixon and Perrine. Others take years to get carries.

DL Tariquious Tisdale - Mississippi

I do like the look of this guy. Kind of looks like he's in the mold of Carter but just a little heavier I think. I could see him making an impact. Although I could just be getting overhyped.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:04 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: DL Tariquious Tisdale - Mississippi

I do like the look of this guy. Kind of looks like he's in the mold of Carter but just a little heavier I think. I could see him making an impact. Although I could just be getting overhyped.

I think he's PS for a year to develop and then I think he might be a good 3T.  6'5 290 ran 4.57 so he's got some speed and get off for a big man.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:03 PM)pulses Wrote: How many 220 lb running backs run faster than 4.53 in the NFL? I would care to venture you could count them on one hand so your point is moot.

Yeah 220 lbs sounds like some good size. We will need a RB to be depth incase Mixon or Perine miss any time.
Reply/Quote
Looks like someone who hits the hole. Looks like someone who can get you 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 from the gun that we like to lineup in so much in those situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:03 PM)pulses Wrote: How many 220 lb running backs run faster than 4.53 in the NFL? I would care to venture you could count them on one hand so your point is moot.

There are quite a few, actually. These guys are freak athletes, keep that in mind.

Mixon (4.46 at 227 pounds)
Ezekiel Elliott (4.46 at 228 pounds)
Jonathan Taylor (4.39 at 226 pounds)
Nick Chubb (4.52 at 227 pounds)
A.J. Dillon (4.53 at 247 pounds, had to include him)
Saquon Barkley (4.40 at 233 pounds)
Leonard Fournette (4.51 at 228 pounds)
Latavius Murray (4.38 at 223 pounds)
D'Onta Foreman (4.41 at 236)

I stopped at this point. There are likely other guys with this size speed combo who just never amounted to anything in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Not really impressed. Jones hits the hole quick because Costal plays weak competition and the Oline was opening up holes any RB could run through. There were a few highlights where Jones made a nice cut but the majoring are just straight ahead running plays where the Oline opened up a hole and Jones ran through the space that was there.

As already been mentioned, most of these UDFAs will not make the team. I dont see Jones making the team as I didnt see anything in his highlight video that was really impressive.
Reply/Quote

Started checking the top rushers from 2021 and it only took me going down to #7 rusher last year to surpass your one hand venture.

Jonathan Taylor, 226, 4.39 ©
Nick Chubb, 227, 4.52 ©
Joe Mixon, 228, 4.45 ©
Najee Harris, 232, 4.45 (PD)
Antonio Gibson, 228, 4.39 ©
Ezekiel Elliott, 225, 4.47 ©

- - - - - - -
© = Combine Time
(PD) = Pro Day Time, generally faster than Combine Time

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There are quite a few, actually. These guys are freak athletes, keep that in mind.

I stopped at this point. There are likely other guys with this size speed combo who just never amounted to anything in the NFL.
Considering the number of backs in the league tho that's not very many. And he plays faster than that too.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Not really impressed.  Jones hits the hole quick because Costal plays weak competition and the Oline was opening up holes any RB could run through.  There were a few highlights where Jones made a nice cut but the majoring are just straight ahead running plays where the Oline opened up a hole and Jones ran through the space that was there.  

As already been mentioned, most of these UDFAs will not make the team.    I dont see Jones making the team as I didnt see anything in his highlight video that was really impressive.

Obviously the bengals did so we will see.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 09:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There are quite a few, actually. These guys are freak athletes, keep that in mind.

That is pretty good company for an UDFA.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is pretty good company for an UDFA.  

He only has 4 receptions in his entire career to 243 rushing attempts. Now THAT'S a static I bet you can only count on 1 hand for any moderate RB. 

Also, he stopped counting after those names not that the list is exhaustive. Shermari was only 213lbs when he ran that 40 time at his pro day. Perine was at 233 and ran a 4.65 yet people talk about how slow he is.

I really hope he turns out to be an amazing player but the amount of times FAST and SPEED has been used to describe this guy has got to be a joke.
Reply/Quote