Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How the Offensive Line Will Improve
First of all, congratulations to Frank Pollack and the Cincinnati offensive line for playing far better against the Chiefs than against the Titans. The improvement over one week was observable.

Now, how will the line improve further and become dominant in the near future? There’s the draft of course and the Bengals will have the 32d pick which will be highly unusual. Now that the 2021-2022 Bengals have had wonderful national exposure under playoff conditions a lot of NFL players are seeing the new edition Bengals and here’s my prediction:

There will be LOTS of free agent offensive linemen who will be burning up their agents’ cell phones trying to get to Cincinnati. Quality starters will WANT to play here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#1 will be start Jackson Carman.

Early in the game I saw Ingram do exactly what #48 of the Titans did against us last week. He rushed the outside shoulder on our RG while a RT had an outside assignment. Many around here blamed that sack on Prince.

Pretty sure that was Adeniji's last play of this game. Carman came in and cleaned it up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just happy to see the running game see daylight. Mixon averaged over 4 per carry. That alone deserves a cigar!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: #1 will be start Jackson Carman.

Early in the game I saw Ingram do exactly what #48 of the Titans did against us last week. He rushed the outside shoulder on our RG while a RT had an outside assignment. Many around here blamed that sack on Prince.

Pretty sure that was Adeniji's last play of this game. Carman came in and cleaned it up.

Carman has been a disappointment. He loved college but I don’t think he adapted well to the NFL. Came into camp over weight.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Carman has been a disappointment. He loved college but I don’t think he adapted well to the NFL. Came into camp over weight.

He’s better then Adenijo but it’d be a mistake to bet on his development. If Reiff walks or is unable to go next year move him to art but not guard.
Reply/Quote
#77 IS horrible need to start Carman. Titans have the best d line Rams are not as good. N their safeties suck.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: First of all, congratulations to Frank Pollack and the Cincinnati offensive line for playing far better against the Chiefs than against the Titans.  The improvement over one week was observable.

Now, how will the line improve further and become dominant in the near future?  There’s the draft of course and the Bengals will have the 32d pick which will be highly unusual.  Now that the 2021-2022 Bengals have had wonderful national exposure under playoff conditions a lot of NFL players are seeing the new edition Bengals and here’s my prediction:

There will be LOTS of free agent offensive linemen who will be burning up their agents’ cell phones trying to get to Cincinnati.  Quality starters will WANT to play here.

Would go FA too and try to  get 3 good starters if possible a LT, G, C  like Armstead, Daniels, and somebody else, maybe Jensen

or at least 2 of these 3 and then keep in no particular order 

Carman
Spain 
 Reiff
Jonah 
Hill
Smith 

fill in other with draft. Jonah and one other player would start out of this group and rest would be depth. 

Pipe dream I know but would want something similar if Bengals could work out the cap space. 
Of course the coaches know better than me and will get behind whoever they bring in. just hoping they get some NFL proven talent and at least two starters but preferably 3 imo.   

Burrow is too important to not protect. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Can we stop with how to fix the damn line? FFS we are going to the friggin SB!!! Just enjoy it!!! Worry about the f$!king line this offseason....
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:02 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: #77 IS horrible    need to start Carman.       Titans have the best d line Rams are not as good.  N their safeties suck.

Von Miller and Aaron Donald aren't as good?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote