Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH
I was rooting hard for My Bengals

I am happy for Whitworth. Bengals really should have kept him in 2017. He went on to more Pro Bowls and now a Super Bowl win over Bengals. I always liked Whitworth and Bengals O Line went in the toilet when he left in 2017. He wouldn't have been that hard to resign, he wanted to stay in Cincinnati. Bengals just didn't want to pay him and they felt he was too old which was a huge mistake. Bengals made same mistake with Max Montoya who they said was too old, and he went on to play in more Pro Bowls for Raiders. Of course Reds once said Frank Robinson was an old 30 and he proved what a mistake that was.

Whitworth played Guard at first for Bengals and moved to Left Tackle later. However he would play Guard when Bengals needed him there more. I always liked his leadership. Once when a fan favorite receiver was complaining to Carson Palmer instead of lining up. Whitworth yelled at him and told him to shut up and line up. The WR did and they got the play off before the snap clock ran out. So Whitworth gave LEADERSHIP as well as BLOCKING.

Whitworth also played for Rams when Zac Taylor was there. If Whitworth retires, and Bengals ever need an Offensive Line Coach, Whitworth has played about every position on The O Line. He may not want to come back to Cincinnati, but he would be worth keeping in mind if they ever go looking for O Line Coaching. I see no reason he couldn't become a Lombardi, Madden type Coach in the NFL someday, and start out as an O Line Coach.

We can add The Man Of The Year, I'm pretty sure I heard he won that. It shows his Leadership Off The Field as well.

So I am Happy for Whitworth getting his Super Bowl ring. He was a Great Bengal. I kind of like that he proved Bengals wrong on being too old, as he went on to Pro Bowls and Super Bowls since Bengals let him go unsigned. I was a Whitworth Fan. His career went from Palmer to Dalton and Super Bowl against Burrow, a great long career.

Again, I rooted as hard as anybody for Bengals to Win. Bengals are my Team since 1968, not the Rams. I am not happy for Rams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
I was happy for Stafford until I saw video evidence that he forces innocent photographers to stage dive.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: Again, I rooted as hard as anybody for Bengals to Win.  Bengals are my Team since 1968, not the Rams. I am not happy for Rams.

If you're happy for Whitworth, you're happy for the Rams. Don't kid yourself. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: I was rooting hard for My Bengals

I am happy for Whitworth. Bengals really should have kept him in 2017.  He went on to more Pro Bowls and now a Super Bowl win over Bengals.  I always liked Whitworth and Bengals O Line went in the toilet when he left in 2017.  He wouldn't have been that hard to resign, he wanted to stay in Cincinnati. Bengals just didn't want to pay him and they felt he was too old which was a huge mistake.  Bengals made same mistake with Max Montoya who they said was too old, and he went on to play in more Pro Bowls for Raiders.  Of course Reds once said Frank Robinson was an old 30 and he proved what a mistake that was.

Whitworth played Guard at first for Bengals and moved to Left Tackle later. However he would play Guard when Bengals needed him there more.  I always liked his leadership.  Once when a fan favorite receiver was complaining to Carson Palmer instead of lining up. Whitworth yelled at him and told him to shut up and line up.  The WR did and they got the play off before the snap clock ran out.  So Whitworth gave LEADERSHIP as well as BLOCKING.  

Whitworth also played for Rams when Zac Taylor was there.  If Whitworth retires, and Bengals ever need an Offensive Line Coach, Whitworth has played about every position on The O Line.  He may not want to come back to Cincinnati, but he would be worth keeping in mind if they ever go looking for O Line Coaching.  I see no reason he couldn't become a Lombardi, Madden type Coach in the NFL someday, and start out as an O Line Coach.

We can add The Man Of The Year, I'm pretty sure I heard he won that.  It shows his Leadership Off The Field as well.

So I am Happy for Whitworth getting his Super Bowl ring.  He was a Great Bengal.  I kind of like that he proved Bengals wrong on being too old, as he went on to Pro Bowls and Super Bowls since Bengals let him go unsigned. I was a Whitworth Fan. His career went from Palmer to Dalton and Super Bowl against Burrow, a great long career.  

Again, I rooted as hard as anybody for Bengals to Win.  Bengals are my Team since 1968, not the Rams. I am not happy for Rams.

I guess this hasn't been hashed out enough. Not keeping Whit in 2017 was the smart decision based on his age. They offered him a one year deal, he didn't take it. If he really wanted to stay, he could have. The fact he played as well as he has at his position and at his age is an outlier that rarely, if ever, happens. If you remember, our line with him wasn't that great when he left. But he's been classy about the whole thing so far with this Super Bowl, so there's that. If they kept him and his performance dropped like most, people would be asking why they signed an old tackle to a multi year deal. The only mistake the Bengals made was not having his replacement set.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you're happy for Whitworth, you're happy for the Rams. Don't kid yourself. 

Yes
Reply/Quote
Happy for him but sure tired of hindsight posts of how the future would have been without knowing the future..
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They offered him a one year deal, he didn't take it. If he really wanted to stay, he could have.

What a terrible take.

"He didn't want to take the fraction of his value so clearly he didn't want to stay."

Or maybe he didn't want to be disrespected by the FO and underpaid with a lowball offer. 

I'm sure you're just begging to take a fraction of your current salary to stay at your job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Happy for him but sure tired of hindsight posts of how the future would have been without knowing the future..

I posted at the time that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth same off season would result in No Blocking.  They should have signed Whitworth, and Coach Lewis wanted the Front Office to keep Whitworth.  This is not hindsight.  

Also, it is BULL to say being happy for Whitworth is being happy for all The Rams.  All the Rams did NOT have long careers with The Bengals. Whitworth did.  So I wish my Bengals would have WON.  The only Ram I am happy for is Ex Bengal Whitworth. Other than that, the Super Bowl is already a Bad Memory.  However I have good memories of Bengals WINNING The AFC.  

I was NOT rooting for Whitworth to Win.  I was rooting for Bengals who I have rooted every game for since 1968.  No way I wanted Whitworth to win. However he is THE ONLY Ram that I'm happy to see get A Ring. 

Whitworth is one of the All-Time Great Bengals and he went on to Pro Bowls and Blocked the Rams to 2 Super Bowls, as Bengals O Line fell apart as soon as he left.  The Ogbuhei & Fisher draft picks experiment failed badly. Those 2 are NOT All Time Bengals Greats, but Whitworth is. 

Someday Whitworth will take his place in The Bengals Hall of Fame, and he Earned It.   On THAT DAY, you will see why I can be happy for only Whitworth, but Sorry my Bengals lost.  

Most people knew going into 2017 that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth would cast the Bengals into Last Place.  It took no crystal ball to see that. Coach Lewis was very upset they didn't keep Whitworth.  Coach Taylor then with The Rams was very glad to get him. The Rams who had stunk, became good. The Bengals who had been good, now stunk. Whitworth at Left Tackle was a Key reason why The Rams became good and the Bengals became bad.  

The Rams will NOT be as good without Whitworth retiring.  The Rams struggled before Whitworth, and the Rams will struggle after Whitworth.  

Also Whitworth will be in Bengals Hall of Fame, He earned it while he blocked for Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. 

That said, I think Bengals O Line was Better in 2021 or they would NOT have won AFC.  Bengals need to add Blockers, but Jonah Williams and Company is this O Line finally turning things around since the Front Office mistakes of 2017 on The O Line. When Mike Brown said, " Why should I pay a Blocker ", just as he said about Max Montoya not kept, and the 1990's O Line becoming just awful.   

Here are 3 Blockers Mike Brown let go who will all be in Bengals Hall Of Fame.  Max Montoya, Willie Anderson, Andrew Whitworth.....I NEVER rooted for them against my Bengals....but I sure rooted for them as Bengals.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we were going to lose a Super Bowl and I could pick the team we lose to, team #1 would be the Lions. Team #2 would be the Rams. I liked the Rams as a kid even before I became a Bengals fan, going back to the Pat Haden days. I have zero problem admitting this and it doesn't lessen my Bengals fandom one iota. So, good on Whit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 06:15 PM)kevin Wrote: I posted at the time that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth same off season would result in No Blocking.  They should have signed Whitworth, and Coach Lewis wanted the Front Office to keep Whitworth.  This is not hindsight.  

Also, it is BULL to say being happy for Whitworth is being happy for all The Rams.  All the Rams did NOT have long careers with The Bengals. Whitworth did.  So I wish my Bengals would have WON.  The only Ram I am happy for is Ex Bengal Whitworth. Other than that, the Super Bowl is already a Bad Memory.  However I have good memories of Bengals WINNING The AFC.  

I was NOT rooting for Whitworth to Win.  I was rooting for Bengals who I have rooted every game for since 1968.  No way I wanted Whitworth to win. However he is THE ONLY Ram that I'm happy to see get A Ring. 

Whitworth is one of the All-Time Great Bengals and he went on to Pro Bowls and Blocked the Rams to 2 Super Bowls, as Bengals O Line fell apart as soon as he left.  The Ogbuhei & Fisher draft picks experiment failed badly. Those 2 are NOT All Time Bengals Greats, but Whitworth is. 

Someday Whitworth will take his place in The Bengals Hall of Fame, and he Earned It.   On THAT DAY, you will see why I can be happy for only Whitworth, but Sorry my Bengals lost.  

Most people knew going into 2017 that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth would cast the Bengals into Last Place.  It took no crystal ball to see that. Coach Lewis was very upset they didn't keep Whitworth.  Coach Taylor then with The Rams was very glad to get him. The Rams who had stunk, became good. The Bengals who had been good, now stunk. Whitworth at Left Tackle was a Key reason why The Rams became good and the Bengals became bad.  

The Rams will NOT be as good without Whitworth retiring.  The Rams struggled before Whitworth, and the Rams will struggle after Whitworth.  

Also Whitworth will be in Bengals Hall of Fame, He earned it while he blocked for Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. 

That said, I think Bengals O Line was Better in 2021 or they would NOT have won AFC.  Bengals need to add Blockers, but Jonah Williams and Company is this O Line finally turning things around since the Front Office mistakes of 2017 on The O Line. When Mike Brown said, " Why should I pay a Blocker ", just as he said about Max Montoya not kept, and the 1990's O Line becoming just awful.   

Here are 3 Blockers Mike Brown let go who will all be in Bengals Hall Of Fame.  Max Montoya, Willie Anderson, Andrew Whitworth.....I NEVER rooted for them against my Bengals....but I sure rooted for them as Bengals.  

I also remember how Whit actually mentioned possible retirement when with the Bengals which then put the Bengals into Oline draft thinking and they actually prepared for the future with four draft picks (1,2,4 and 5) round from 2014-16 , the problem was none of those picks worked out which on most any team start to lead to a decline with your line which is what happen.  
Reply/Quote