Poll: Will There Be A New Head Coach In 2018?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Really Feel This Is The First Time Lewis Won't Return In 2018
We all know too well that Mike Brown's lazy handling of making big changes is few and far between, thats why I had no doubt Lewis would be in Cincy as long as he wants to be. Even though they didn't renew his contract this season I thought they would still resign him at some point.

But this year is different, you can feel the frustration from the players and the continued bad coaching from Lewis down. I feel this is the year LEWIS realizes its time to move on.

What is everyone else feeling at this point? Not what you want but what you think will happen this offseason?
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I think Marvin's tenure here is over.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
The only thing that would make me more certain is a loss to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
I think so as well. I've finally started letting myself believe that this will be the final year of the Marvin Lewis era. I do think Mike is stupid enough to offer him an extension, but I feel that Marv will turn it down. He's lost the team, he has no respect, and this team he's put together is a complete joke after being one of the best teams in the league only two years ago. Marv must realize it's time.

... But then again, I felt the same way midway through the 2010 season and look how that shit turned out Whatever we'll see how this unfolds in just a couple months time.
Reply/Quote
Marvin will only be gone if he wants to leave. If 2010 couldn't do it, nothing will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is loyal to a fault, but there is no way he can sell Marvin to the fan base any longer.

I was a Marvin fan for a long time, appreciating what he was able to do within the confines of the organization. After 15 years his message is stale, the players lack discipline and the coaching staff is filled with a stench of continual failure.

A complete reboot is needed, top to bottom. Seeing as MB will not fire himself the best we can hope for is a total house cleaning.

This team needs a culture change in the worst way. Without one I believe apathy will prevail, both from the players and fans.

I'm no longer buying.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin closes out the season with a 4 game win streak and get an extension.

Seriously though I'm not saying I'm jumping ship but it isn't even worth paying attention to the team anymore until Marv is gone. It's beyond a joke at this point.
Reply/Quote
why would the people of Cincinnati buy tickets next year to watch this pathetic organization unless there is a brand new coach and a new staff that could bring some level of hope?

Yesterday's loss was as bad as what I think was Coslett's last game against the Ravens where the Ravens would get 7 to 10 yards on every running play.

Just think how different the season might have been if they had re-signed our two best o lineman and replaced Bodine.

Marv, Alexander and Mike Brown are all very stubborn men with very little creativity or imagination.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:16 AM)bengals67 Wrote: why would the people of Cincinnati buy tickets next year to watch this pathetic organization unless there is a brand new coach and a new staff that could bring some level of hope?

Yesterday's loss was as bad as what I think was Coslett's last game against the Ravens where the Ravens would get 7 to 10 yards on every running play.

Just think how different the season might have been if they had re-signed our two best o lineman and replaced Bodine.

Marv, Alexander and Mike Brown are all very stubborn men with very little creativity or imagination.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Well if Brown is dumb enough to resign Marvin and the fans are dumb enough to buy season tickets which essentially supports Brown's decision then the city deserves what it gets.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is gone. I don't think he'd come back even if offered a contract.

The question is will they make the lazy hire in Guenther? Or will they look outside for what is needed?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The question is will they make the lazy hire in Guenther? Or will they look outside for what is needed?

Brown=Lazy=Coach Pauly G
Reply/Quote
Even though I do think it's time for Marvin to move on it's not going to change the corrupted nature of the league and ownerships complicity in the whole ugly truth. The last playoff game we were in was the tell. Sure, Jones, Bufict, and Marvin played a role, but the blatant handing over the game to the Squeelers by the refs and the league by extension tainted the entire thing and I'll never see the game the same again. 
I'm a firm believer in the teachings of Brian Tuohy and his site, TheFixIsIn.net.
"Would you leave a multi billion dollar business up to chance?" 
That's really the only question that needs to be answered and the answer is ABSOLUTELY NO. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: Even though I do think it's time for Marvin to move on it's not going to change the corrupted nature of the league and ownerships complicity in the whole ugly truth. The last playoff game we were in was the tell. Sure, Jones, Bufict, and Marvin played a role, but the blatant handing over the game to the Squeelers by the refs and the league by extension tainted the entire thing and I'll never see the game the same again. 
I'm a firm believer in the teachings of Brian Tuohy and his site, TheFixIsIn.net.

If you truly believe it's rigged why do you watch?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:34 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If you truly believe it's rigged why do you watch?

For the exact same reason I watch movies and TV shows.. They too are rigged and nobody ever questions it. It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It looks like Marvin has already checked out.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: For the exact same reason I watch movies and TV shows.. They too are rigged and nobody ever questions it.

Movies and TV shows are meant to be scripted.
Reply/Quote
I turned the game off after the Jags returned a punt for a TD. I remember the broadcast immediately cut over to Marvin, who was clapping on the sideline (as is his custom).
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Once you folks realize that the NFL is a completely privately owned entertainment business it becomes much easier to accept that it's rigged to suit the owners business needs, period. It's not a ***** democracy so knock off the Poly Anna nonsense of thinking it's OUR team vs other teams. 

Reply/Quote
I don't really think Marvin even wants to come back at this point.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Once you folks realize that the NFL is a completely privately owned entertainment business it becomes much easier to accept that it's rigged to suit the owners business needs, period. It's not a ***** democracy so knock off the Poly Anna nonsense of thinking it's OUR team vs other teams. 

But why do you keep supporting the NFL if you know it's rigged?

I mean who's the joke on at that point?
Reply/Quote