Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Shall Never Surrender
We are bad, so bad Marvin is having his best season in decades watching us crumble. I think we need to relax, we have a young coach, a shit roster, bad market, and the worst owner in the NFL. As I said when Zac was hired, I was all about giving him time. He deserves it as a young coach even when we are currently unwatchable.

My question I have is what do we do... realistically?

Should we enter a full nosedive and trade away everything of value for picks? We need to do something risky, we are going to see the same results regardless...
Reply/Quote
Who knows. It just sort of hit me that I can sit here and wonder why Mike Brown would stubbornly stick to his process even though it isn't effective while at the same time I am sticking to being a Bengals fan even though I could just stop being stubborn and pick another NFL team to be a fan of.

Why doesn't Mike Brown do what the Patriots/Steelers do? Why don't I do what Patriots or Steeler fans do? Because Mike Brown and I are just dead-set on following our miserable paths because changing course is treason. Damn me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
yeah well the number one problem is still making all the decisions so , good luck
Reply/Quote
I knew it was time for ML to leave, but look back at my posts. I said be careful what you wish for, ZT is a different HC, did not make him a better HC.

But, he deserves one more year to clean up his mess.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The thought of actually trying to tank is funny when you're 0-9.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thought of actually trying to tank is funny when you're 0-9.

I heard ZT does keep saying just keep doing what you are doing?????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thought of actually trying to tank is funny when you're 0-9.

Tanking for the next 5 years +. We aren't good enough to win 3 games for the next 5 years anywat
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I heard ZT does keep saying just keep doing what you are doing?????

that is just as bad as marvin saying "not my responsibility"
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:40 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: We are bad, so bad Marvin is having his best season in decades watching us crumble. I think we need to relax, we have a young coach, a shit roster, bad market, and the worst owner in the NFL. As I said when Zac was hired, I was all about giving him time. He deserves it as a young coach even when we are currently unwatchable.

My question I have is what do we do... realistically?

Should we enter a full nosedive and trade away everything of value for picks? We need to do something risky, we are going to see the same results regardless...

1. It's not a bad market. That's just Mikey's excuse and he'll put forth a sucky team to try and prove his excuse is fact. But it wasn't a bad market when the team was winning, so it's just an excuse.
2. The roster isn't shit, it won 6 games last season and went into a losing second half with Driskel at QB. It wasn't a super bowl bound team, but it did win 6 games.
3. Worst owner - Yes
4. Replacing the bad coaches is realistic.
5. We're already in a full nosedive, without trading away anyone.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:57 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Tanking for the next 5 years +. We aren't good enough to win 3 games for the next 5 years anywat

Bad coaching/scheme makes the whole team look terrible. That's what we're seeing.

As OC at the UC, Taylor had the 123rd offense out of 128.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bad coaching/scheme makes the whole team look terrible. That's what we're seeing.

As OC at the UC, Taylor had the 123rd offense out of 128.

I will have you know Zac was the QB coach to a systems QB for the superbowl runner up LA Rams. Your numbers must not be accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:59 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: that is just as bad as marvin saying "not my responsibility"

I heard ZT said that Finley "made the right read" on that pick six??  WTF? since when  is throwing a pick 6 a correct read?. This guy is really looking like a disaster in the same way of of Dave Shula.   Shit even Dave Shula won a few. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:14 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I heard ZT said that Finley "made the right read" on that pick six??  WTF? since when  is throwing a pick 6 a correct read?. This guy is really looking like a disaster in the same way of of Dave Shula.   Shit even Dave Shula won a few. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdpSFQTulo
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:14 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I will have you know Zac was the QB coach to a systems QB for the superbowl runner up LA Rams. Your numbers must not be accurate.

Yep. They are.

He was OC at UC for 1 year. 123rd offense out of 128.

Before that, the Dolphins fired Lazor as OC. Taylor took over for 5 games and made the offense WORSE.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. They are.

Before that, the Dolphins fired Lazor as OC. Taylor took over for 5 games and made the offense WORSE.

I was giving you pure sarcasm. Please stop telling me these things or my door will be flooded with amazon packages containing self help books tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
I was a Browns fan before PB ever brought the Bengals to town, but I can't even go back there, as a fan because, I can't stomach Mayfield and OB Jr!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. They are.

Bam. Thats exactly why we hired him. Law of averages right? He can only be a bottom of the barrel OC so many years. Things are looking up
Reply/Quote