Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Still Say Buckeyes #1 in Nation
Urban Meyer and his Buckeyes won the National Championship last year and are unbeaten this year. This is what I don't like about college football, some media even have them not in the top 4 for the Championship play-offs. On what do they base this insanity, the National Champions are still unbeaten. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 07:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Urban Meyer and his Buckeyes won the National Championship last year and are unbeaten this year. This is what I don't like about college football, some media even have them not in the top 4 for the Championship play-offs. On what do they base this insanity, the National Champions are still unbeaten. 

HUGE buckeye fan but I disagree. I think they have looked below average. Only reason they're in the top 4 is what they did last year (and, of course, being un-beaten). This team has potentially 6 first round picks (would tie an NCAA record). There is little reason to play like they have with that much talent.

I honestly think they've barely looked like a top 10 team (minus defense). These next two games will really give us an idea of what kind of team they are. Home vs Sparty and on the road to TTUN.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They'll lose to Michigan
Reply/Quote
Clearly should be top 4. You can argue they aren't #1, though.

While not impressive, it's hard to say Oklahoma State and Iowa are any better given who they have played.
Reply/Quote
College teams change too much from year to year to rank a team number one based on what they did last year.

Buckeyes are a damn good team and could really win it all again this year. But based on what they have done on the field so far they do not deserve to be ranked #1.
Reply/Quote
Losing to Michigan State, now they have fallen in my eyes. ....and they better shake this loss off quick and pick up their game to avoid Michigan sweep back to back weeks. ....Well, they were National Champs last year. It's very hard to repeat. They miss that WR that is now in the NFL. ....Had they won today, I would still be shouting #1, and I don't think the sportswriters should take such things away from a National Champion unbeaten...but Michigan State taking it away on the field is football, not media.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Can not believe that the Bucks were held to 5 first down and 140 yards at home.

Mich St is good, but not that good.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 11:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can not believe that the Bucks were held to 5 first down and 140 yards at home.

Mich St is good, but not that good.

Offensive Coordinator crippled this team all year long. The talent was able to overcome most of the time but Michigan State was too much. I just hope Ohio State figures it out before next year.
Reply/Quote
Meyer is good at recruiting talent so the O will be back on top before you know it, but Stoney is right..The OC this year needs to find another job..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote