Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Still Want To Draft Bowers.........
I was happy with the Gesicki signing, but I still want to draft Bowers at 18 because the two tight end set is the best formation against the 3-4 defenses of the division and a number of our other opponents also play the 3-4.

It would help neutralize the pass rush of the 3-4 that we play at least 6 times a year and help out whoever our right tackle is. Hoping we sign one of the big name right tackles but I think having Bowers and Gesicki would also help if we lose Higgins, which seems likely.
Reply/Quote
Malik Wright says they're not drafting Bowers even if he is there....keep dreaming but it's not happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:54 AM)pulses Wrote: Malik Wright says they're not drafting Bowers even if he is there....keep dreaming but it's not happening.

Adam Caplan and Chase Daniel say it can happen........... why do you think Malik Wright is the end-all be-all?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Adam Caplan and Chase Daniel say it can happen........... why do you think Malik Wright is the end-all be-all?

Malik Wright talks to the coaches and the organization he knows a lot more than we do...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:58 AM)pulses Wrote: Malik Wright talks to the coaches and the organization he knows a lot more than we do...

So you think coaches are going to come out and tell the rest of the NFL who they're planning on drafting?

Also, where are you seeing this? All the searches I can find are him telling HIS OPINION that they SHOULDN'T draft, Bowers, not that they WON'T.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you think coaches are going to come out and tell the rest of the NFL who they're planning on drafting?

Also, where are you seeing this? All the searches I can find are him telling HIS OPINION that they SHOULDN'T draft, Bowers, not that they WON'T.

His youtube channel. He even said he'd bet $100 they won't take Bowers even if he is available. He said they don't like his size and they love this OT and DT class.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:54 AM)pulses Wrote: Malik Wright says they're not drafting Bowers even if he is there....keep dreaming but it's not happening.

Malik Wright has no idea who the Bengals are drafting in March. The Bengals don't even know who they are drafting in early March. We have even seen Lapham be wrong after he's seen their board.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:12 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was happy with the Gesicki signing, but I still want to draft Bowers at 18 because the two tight end set is the best formation against the 3-4 defenses of the division and a number of our other opponents also play the 3-4.

It would help neutralize the pass rush of the 3-4 that we play at least 6 times a year and help out whoever our right tackle is. Hoping we sign one of the big name right tackles but I think having Bowers and Gesicki would also help if we lose Higgins, which seems likely.

Very unlikely and unsound to draft Bower over a Right tackle since looks like we have no long term RT coming in FA and especially with the quality of right tackles in draft, we can;t pass on the hopeful future RT over the next 10 years. It won;t matter much if you have Bower to throw to if Burrow is sacked, rushed etc... Also if we lose higgins now, it means we traded him so really need a true WR in draft with hopeful extra 1 or 2 pick...
Reply/Quote

LOL.  I don't put much credence in any of these "local" guys on twitter.  They know as much as we do about what's going on in the draft.

That being said, I think round 3 is where we land on the TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:12 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was happy with the Gesicki signing, but I still want to draft Bowers at 18 because the two tight end set is the best formation against the 3-4 defenses of the division and a number of our other opponents also play the 3-4.

We face nickel and dime roughly 80-90% of the time, I'm not drafting a guy to play against that set unless it's later on.

That being said, we need a young, athletic TE.  It's not Bowers for me, it's one of the later guys like Sinnot.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:58 AM)pulses Wrote: Malik Wright talks to the coaches and the organization he knows a lot more than we do...

Possibly, but those same coaches could also be feeding him a line of shit, knowing full well that he's looking to profit from association by way of access to said coaches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL.  I don't put much credence in any of these "local" guys on twitter.  They know as much as we do about what's going on in the draft.

That being said, I think round 3 is where we land on the TE.

It wasn't twitter Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Possibly, but those same coaches could also be feeding him a line of shit, knowing full well that he's looking to profit from association by way of access to said coaches.

Anything is possible in today's social media.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:41 PM)pulses Wrote: It wasn't twitter Whatever

I follow Malik on Twitter.  He's a Twitter guy to me.  Either way, I don't buy any of these self proclaimed insiders knowing anything more than we do.
Reply/Quote