Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I've Seen Enough
I think I've seen enough to give my one and only mock draft. I don't see any additional personnel changes moving forward. Keep in mind that this is what I think the Bengals will do, not what I would do. I'm using ESPN's board, so the "no way he will be there comments" are probably correct, but I am just going off their rankings.

1. Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU. I don't really know if he will be there, but a lot of people seem to think that OJ Howard could go to the Jets or the Panthers. IF that's the case, it pushes him down to us.2

2. Tim Williams, Edge - Alabama. If he's here, you have to take him. I still contend he is the best pass rusher in the draft. He'll be an immediate impact player on 3rd downs.

3. Sidney Jones, CB - Washington. This is a tough one for me, but a lot of guys have him as the #1 overall CB. Leon Hall had a couple achille's injuries, so I think the Bengals will roll the dice on him.

4. KD Cannon, WR - Baylor. A lot of people are clamoring for Ross, but I don't see him at #9. Cannon has the speed to stretch the field.

4. Eddie Jackson, S - Alabama. I think if he was healthy, he would have a much higher grade.

5. Jarron Jones, DT - Notre Dame. This guy is a real pig. Should be a nice fit in run stuffing packages.

5. Jon Toth, C - Kentucky. I would have liked a center earlier, but it was either Tim Williams or Elflein.

6. Zane Gonzalez, K - Arizona State. No way I'm leaving the draft without a kicker.

6. Corey Clement, RB - Wisconsin. The Bengals checked him out earlier. We need another back since Gio is injured.

7. Cethan Carter, TE - Nebraska. He was pretty good in the passing game at Nebraska. Might fill a developmental need,

7. Chad Kelly, QB - Ole Miss. Let's face it, at some point McCarron is going to be gone. He's a nice developmental prospect.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think I've seen enough to give my one and only mock draft.  I don't see any additional personnel changes moving forward.  Keep in mind that this is what I think the Bengals will do, not what I would do.  I'm using ESPN's board, so the "no way he will be there comments" are probably correct, but I am just going off their rankings.

1.  Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU.  I don't really know if he will be there, but a lot of people seem to think that OJ Howard could go to the Jets or the Panthers.  IF that's the case, it pushes him down to us.2

2.  Tim Williams, Edge - Alabama.  If he's here, you have to take him.  I still contend he is the best pass rusher in the draft.  He'll be an immediate impact player on 3rd downs.  

3.  Sidney Jones, CB - Washington.  This is a tough one for me, but a lot of guys have him as the #1 overall CB.  Leon Hall had a couple achille's injuries, so I think the Bengals will roll the dice on him.

4.  KD Cannon, WR - Baylor.  A lot of people are clamoring for Ross, but I don't see him at #9.  Cannon has the speed to stretch the field.

4.  Eddie Jackson, S - Alabama.  I think if he was healthy, he would have a much higher grade.

5.  Jarron Jones, DT - Notre Dame.  This guy is a real pig.  Should be a nice fit in run stuffing packages.

5.  Jon Toth, C - Kentucky.  I would have liked a center earlier, but it was either Tim Williams or Elflein.

6.  Zane Gonzalez, K - Arizona State.  No way I'm leaving the draft without a kicker.

6. Corey Clement, RB - Wisconsin.  The Bengals checked him out earlier.  We need another back since Gio is injured.

7.  Cethan Carter, TE - Nebraska.  He was pretty good in the passing game at Nebraska.  Might fill a developmental need,

7.  Chad Kelly, QB - Ole Miss.  Let's face it, at some point McCarron is going to be gone.  He's a nice developmental prospect.
If this was our draft I would not be happy.
Reply/Quote
Not the worst Mock ive seen, but its close. You really need to understand team needs and player fits.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: Not the worst Mock ive seen, but its close. You really need to understand team needs and player fits.

Please explain.

Running back - best in the draft
Edge Rusher - top 2-3 in the draft
CB - top 2-3 guy.
Speed WR
Kicker.

There wasn't a lot of guys for the interior line around the spots. Went with best player vs. reach.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to argue about taking a RB early, in fact I wouldn't mind it at all. However, I think a few of these RBs are going to eat their way out of the league. If you're coming out of college at 240, with all of the year round work they put in, training table meals, etc., once signed to a contract and left to their own devices, I could see a 240 swelling up to 255 in a year or two.

Besides, aren't you tired of the Bengals plays being absurdly predictable by the personnel set in the game? I would rather have a Cook or Mixon, they are a bit leaner, both catch well out of the backfield, and can block. I see Fournette as just a bigger Jeremy Hill, Foreman from Texas has already been stated as walking around at 245 in the offseason. Battering rams are great, when you can tuck one on the roster to pull out when you need him, but for the featured back you need a true, all purpose back. Keeps the entire playbook open for the opposition to defend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not going to argue about taking a RB early, in fact I wouldn't mind it at all.  However, I think a few of these RBs are going to eat their way out of the league.  If you're coming out of college at 240, with all of the year round work they put in, training table meals, etc., once signed to a contract and left to their own devices, I could see a 240 swelling up to 255 in a year or two.  

Besides, aren't you tired of the Bengals plays being absurdly predictable by the personnel set in the game?  I would rather have a Cook or Mixon, they are a bit leaner, both catch well out of the backfield, and can block.  I see Fournette as just a bigger Jeremy Hill, Foreman from Texas has already been stated as walking around at 245 in the offseason.  Battering rams are great, when you can tuck one on the roster to pull out when you need him, but for the featured back you need a true, all purpose back.  Keeps the entire playbook open for the opposition to defend.
Exactly...Cook,Mixon,McNichols and kamara all fit that bill.
Reply/Quote
I think that Fournette could easily be a factor in the passing game as well.

Comparing Jeremy Hill to Fournette is a complete insult to Fournette. Not even in the same class as prospects.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think I've seen enough to give my one and only mock draft.  I don't see any additional personnel changes moving forward.  Keep in mind that this is what I think the Bengals will do, not what I would do.  I'm using ESPN's board, so the "no way he will be there comments" are probably correct, but I am just going off their rankings.

1.  Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU.  I don't really know if he will be there, but a lot of people seem to think that OJ Howard could go to the Jets or the Panthers.  IF that's the case, it pushes him down to us.2

2.  Tim Williams, Edge - Alabama.  If he's here, you have to take him.  I still contend he is the best pass rusher in the draft.  He'll be an immediate impact player on 3rd downs.  

3.  Sidney Jones, CB - Washington.  This is a tough one for me, but a lot of guys have him as the #1 overall CB.  Leon Hall had a couple achille's injuries, so I think the Bengals will roll the dice on him.

4.  KD Cannon, WR - Baylor.  A lot of people are clamoring for Ross, but I don't see him at #9.  Cannon has the speed to stretch the field.

4.  Eddie Jackson, S - Alabama.  I think if he was healthy, he would have a much higher grade.

5.  Jarron Jones, DT - Notre Dame.  This guy is a real pig.  Should be a nice fit in run stuffing packages.

5.  Jon Toth, C - Kentucky.  I would have liked a center earlier, but it was either Tim Williams or Elflein.

6.  Zane Gonzalez, K - Arizona State.  No way I'm leaving the draft without a kicker.

6. Corey Clement, RB - Wisconsin.  The Bengals checked him out earlier.  We need another back since Gio is injured.

7.  Cethan Carter, TE - Nebraska.  He was pretty good in the passing game at Nebraska.  Might fill a developmental need,

7.  Chad Kelly, QB - Ole Miss.  Let's face it, at some point McCarron is going to be gone.  He's a nice developmental prospect.

This mock! Coming from a guy who was knocking mine a while back! Better get back to the drawing board mine were way better than this !
Reply/Quote

I like this.  The only thing missing is a backer.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 03:47 AM)pulses Wrote: This mock! Coming from a guy who was knocking mine a while back! Better get back to the drawing board mine were way better than this !

Thanks for the feedback. I have no idea what picks you didn't like.

I could care less if people don't like it, but at least discuss it. You have zero reasons and commented on zero picks.
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with Fournette at 9. Williams just doesn't fit in a 4-3, though. I think he's a pure 3-4 OLB. Jones is very tempting, although I'd prefer to wait another round, that's a pick that may pay huge dividends down the road. I think there will be better WR's available in the 4th than Cannon, and while 4.42 makes him a deep threat, he doesn't have blow by you speed. The rest are decent depth picks.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Williams is a fit at linebacker for any team. To me, he's purely a pass rusher. I think the Bengals would use him as a DE. He's about the same size as Barnett, but much more explosive.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Please explain.

Running back - best in the draft
Edge Rusher - top 2-3 in the draft
CB - top 2-3 guy.
Speed WR
Kicker.

There wasn't a lot of guys for the interior line around the spots. Went with best player vs. reach.

2nd best rb after mixon.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not going to argue about taking a RB early, in fact I wouldn't mind it at all.  However, I think a few of these RBs are going to eat their way out of the league.  If you're coming out of college at 240, with all of the year round work they put in, training table meals, etc., once signed to a contract and left to their own devices, I could see a 240 swelling up to 255 in a year or two.  

Besides, aren't you tired of the Bengals plays being absurdly predictable by the personnel set in the game?  I would rather have a Cook or Mixon, they are a bit leaner, both catch well out of the backfield, and can block.  I see Fournette as just a bigger Jeremy Hill, Foreman from Texas has already been stated as walking around at 245 in the offseason.  Battering rams are great, when you can tuck one on the roster to pull out when you need him, but for the featured back you need a true, all purpose back.  Keeps the entire playbook open for the opposition to defend.

Great points made here, leaving only one question - does the organization have the mindset to address such things?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 02:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Great points made here, leaving only one question - does the organization have the mindset to address such things?

Well, that is another can of worms, altogether.  For now, I'm just going to remain optimistic that they are trying their best to evolve.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote