Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought Perine Cost Us The Game......
I didn't think it was over with the pick but I did think they would score and tie it up. But I definitely thought it was over when the Titans had the ball. I thought they'd get in field goal range and hopefully miss. But then I remembered who the kicker was and I was like oh crap Bullock is gonna make the kick to beat us.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I didn't think it was over with the pick but I did think they would score and tie it up. But I definitely thought it was over when the Titans had the ball. I thought they'd get in field goal range and hopefully miss. But then I remembered who the kicker was and I was like oh crap Bullock is gonna make the kick to beat us.

Same for all of his, except thinking Bullock would make it.  I thought it would go to OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't forget, Brad, this isn't the same Bengals team we all know from the Marv-era; different, for sure.
[Image: robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif]

After everything we've been through and how conditioned we've become, it might take a little more time to be completely healed, but I'm getting there ThumbsUp
(01-23-2022, 07:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'll tell you what I was thinking during the game: that you and your wheelchair were in at Right Guard.

[Image: steve-carrell-michaelscott.gif]

I think I would have been better in my wheelchair because at least they would have had to run around me and get slowed up a bit!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I was pissed, but I absolutely didn't think the game was over. I hope this is something we can achieve as a fanbase:

Believe.

The word is simple and cheesy and typical, but it's appropriate. All of those past heartbreaks are completely irrelevant, and they should not be allowed to impact our mindset watching this team play. Even after the Titans scored a TD off of that turnover, the game was tied.

It was tied.

Entering the fourth quarter of a playoff game, we had a tied score and a clear quarterback advantage.

If something like this happens again... just believe. There is no reason not to.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 272439093_164322562595640_65160120486619...e=61F24FE6]
Reply/Quote
Perine scared me yesterday. Not going to say otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think I would have been better in my wheelchair because at least they would have had to run around me and get slowed up a bit!

Hilarious
Actually, that's what I meant to stay. For the same reason. I miswrote. I fixed it now.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. While Perine should have had that, that wasn't an INT. Damn Horseshit call.
2. No, because I'm not doom and gloom like the guy quoted below.

Of course you would.

That was bullshit... Even after that long review they got it wrong.

But yeah... I didn't think it was over. We have Joe Burrow and dem boyz. I knew it was over when Shooter took the field for the 4th time though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:03 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I was pissed, but I absolutely didn't think the game was over. I hope this is something we can achieve as a fanbase:

Believe.

The word is simple and cheesy and typical, but it's appropriate. All of those past heartbreaks are completely irrelevant, and they should not be allowed to impact our mindset watching this team play. Even after the Titans scored a TD off of that turnover, the game was tied.

It was tied.

Entering the fourth quarter of a playoff game, we had a tied score and a clear quarterback advantage.

If something like this happens again... just believe. There is no reason not to.

What he said...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:34 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Amen…Evan’s could be a massive weapon in the passsing game. I haven’t understood it all year why they aren’t using him more 

I’ve been wondering this all year too, but last night clearly showed he probably doesn’t have the offense down completely. The one play he lined up wrong then JB had to correct him and it was still wrong. They eventually called time out. Granted it was very loud and he missed a few games due to injury, I don’t think they’re quite confident in his pass pro and him knowing where he needs to be. That being said, I love his potential and they got a steal. Plus he’s an Indiana kid!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: At no point did I think the Bengals were cursed, jinxed, or whatever other word you want to use because that's loser speak and mentality.

If we lost it was because we gave up 9 sacks to a good team not because of some belief were cursed "because...?"

Yeah. There's no such thing as curses and jinxs. It's simply who is more talented and who executes best. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Can se dispense with all the cursed and jinxed talk now? We just won to playoff games.
Reply/Quote
Tbh I had visions of Jeremy Hill when that happened.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:34 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Amen…Evan’s could be a massive weapon in the passsing game. I haven’t understood it all year why they aren’t using him more 

I have felt this way as well. I thought maybe it was because Perine was a better pass blocker when asked to do that but it doesn’t look like he is anything special there. I just think if you are a LB or a safety who would you prefer to cover. Who scares you more after the catch? In the little we have seen Evans he seems to just make plays. Maybe a larger sampling and I wouldn’t say that but for now that’s just my opinion. Evans has looked like a WR on a few of his catches. I trust the coaches but it’s a little baffling. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I had visions of Jeremy Hill when that happened.

Same. 

That's what I meant when I said "can't believe this is happening to us again....."

Was one of the worst feelings I've ever had.

Glad we were wrong!
Reply/Quote
I felt the same. My mind immediately went to why they didn’t cut him like I wanted at the start of the season. But it turns out our defense came up huge. Definitely need to play a heck of a lot better going forward.
Reply/Quote
I don't get the love the team has for Perine. This isn't his first muffed catch and also was responsible for multiple sacks in the regular season courtesy of missing blocks.
Reply/Quote
Evans was definitely a nice spark yesterday with limited touches. He needs more in my mind.
Reply/Quote

Because he isn’t so good a runner it merits taking snaps away from an almost guaranteed never fumble Mixon. He’s also not so good a WR that it merits putting him in a lot of those empty sets. Now he should definitely have Perines snaps at this point. He’s shown to be better than Perine i think. Perine must be a better blocker because he’s not really involved in moving the ball. That’s the only reason i could see him playing over Evans
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:26 PM)M.W. Wrote: It was certainly ominous. A horrible but short lived feeling. It is almost like God is on our side.

It was the exact inverse of the Steelers game. Interception to seal the game? Nope! Jeremy Hill got that covered!

Well not exact….but same inverse of feelings
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote