Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.. I Thought The Win Was Better Than Most I Guess?
I'm a bit surprised to see so much negativity on a few things. I know it was an ugly game, but it is week 1. I mean, we were just talking about how "boring" the freakin' Falcon and Eagles game was a few days ago, and those are two SB contenders. And maybe you guys don't feel we are being negative, but I just wanted to put some positivity in here.

Yes, I would agree about the right side of the line.. but I was really happy with the win. Just some bullet points:

- You can't downplay the ability of our team to COME BACK, despite some serious adversity (obvious no calls on Dalton vs roughing passer calls for Luck for example). I honestly thought when they went up by two scores that it was over.. because I've seen this team wilt under pressure too often. But man, it was exciting to see our offense go out there and throw some punches.

- Please don't underplay the fact that Andrew Luck is an ELITE QB. He looked fantastic out there, and we don't have a bad defense. I think our LBs are suspect, but Luck has the ability to make everybody look good. Make no mistakes about it: we beat a top qb in the league. Him being gone for so long doesn't matter.. it's about how he performs on the field.

- The Bengals need to focus on building a really good o-line over time, because Joe Mixon is a monster. He showed us today that he is just as versatile as those big names you think of (Gurley, Bell, DJ). I'm NOT saying he's already at their level, but I am saying that he has a chance. He's a weapon that teams will have to worry about every week, and that helps Dalton a lot.

- Dalton played really well.. and I even saw some fire from him?! I don't see this often, but he was showing some emotion in the game! Just a small thing that got me more excited. By the way, it shows the difference when he has the ability to step up in the pocket, thanks to solid center play.

- I think WJ played TY pretty well. TY is a beast when he has Luck throwing him the Ball, but WJ didn't allow much really. That slant route is just a really tough route to defend.

- JOHN ROSS IS FINALLY HERE

- SO IS TYLER EIFERT... HOPEFULLY

Overall, I think our team can be a tough out for most teams in the NFL. I'm not sure we can hang with everybody, but we have talent in key areas on the field. Thursday will be tough, but I do think we have a good shot of winning.
Reply/Quote
If we dont win 50-0 people have something to complain about or blame the refs for trying to give the other team the game.

That said, I agree with most of what you stated above. Outside of being disappointed in the Dline I thought we played pretty well. I was personally a little put out by Will Jacksom given how much praise he was given, I thought he came up small yesterday. But overall I thought we played a pretty good game, especially the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Sweetness Wrote: If we dont win 50-0 people have something to complain about or blame the refs for trying to give the other team the game.

That said, I agree with most of what you stated above. Outside of being disappointed in the Dline I thought we played pretty well. I was personally a little put out by Will Jacksom given how much praise he was given, I thought he came up small yesterday. But overall I thought we played a pretty good game, especially the offense.

Haha, so true about the 50-0 comment.

I personally think the D-line did OK, not great. But it was clear Luck and the Colts were getting the ball out so fast. He's also a mobile guy, so would be sacks on other QBs can be negated sometimes by his ability to move. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:19 PM)thillan Wrote: Haha, so true about the 50-0 comment.

I personally think the D-line did OK, not great. But it was clear Luck and the Colts were getting the ball out so fast. He's also a mobile guy, so would be sacks on other QBs can be negated sometimes by his ability to move. 

I mean, tbf, this is a message board. If we all came here and agreed on every single thing that would be boring. 

There's other sites that give similar feedback/criticism in a win as well.  Mellow

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/10/17838620/bengals-must-replace-bobby-hart-at-right-tackle

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you are thrown off by negativity, never, ever..........ever, ever, ever go into the gameday forum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:05 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm a bit surprised to see so much negativity on a few things. I know it was an ugly game, but it is week 1. I mean, we were just talking about how "boring" the freakin' Falcon and Eagles game was a few days ago, and those are two SB contenders. And maybe you guys don't feel we are being negative, but I just wanted to put some positivity in here.

Yes, I would agree about the right side of the line.. but I was really happy with the win. Just some bullet points:

- You can't downplay the ability of our team to COME BACK, despite some serious adversity (obvious no calls on Dalton vs roughing passer calls for Luck for example). I honestly thought when they went up by two scores that it was over.. because I've seen this team wilt under pressure too often. But man, it was exciting to see our offense go out there and throw some punches.

- Please don't underplay the fact that Andrew Luck is an ELITE QB. He looked fantastic out there, and we don't have a bad defense. I think our LBs are suspect, but Luck has the ability to make everybody look good. Make no mistakes about it: we beat a top qb in the league. Him being gone for so long doesn't matter.. it's about how he performs on the field.

- The Bengals need to focus on building a really good o-line over time, because Joe Mixon is a monster. He showed us today that he is just as versatile as those big names you think of (Gurley, Bell, DJ). I'm NOT saying he's already at their level, but I am saying that he has a chance. He's a weapon that teams will have to worry about every week, and that helps Dalton a lot.

- Dalton played really well.. and I even saw some fire from him?! I don't see this often, but he was showing some emotion in the game! Just a small thing that got me more excited. By the way, it shows the difference when he has the ability to step up in the pocket, thanks to solid center play.

- I think WJ played TY pretty well. TY is a beast when he has Luck throwing him the Ball, but WJ didn't allow much really. That slant route is just a really tough route to defend.

Overall, I think our team can be a tough out for most teams in the NFL. I'm not sure we can hang with everybody, but we have talent in key areas on the field. Thursday will be tough, but I do think we have a good shot of winning.
In 2017, we started the year being shut out by the Ravens like 20-0 and then week 2 lose to Texans scoring zero TD's

WE win on the road and the sky is falling since we did not fix every weakness. It is comical in a not so funny way in here at times.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:05 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm a bit surprised to see so much negativity on a few things. I know it was an ugly game, but it is week 1. I mean, we were just talking about how "boring" the freakin' Falcon and Eagles game was a few days ago, and those are two SB contenders. And maybe you guys don't feel we are being negative, but I just wanted to put some positivity in here.

I have to say this site isn't dripping in the negativity that was indeed the mothership of Bengals.com Jungle Noise deleted.  I still say that site had many Steeler trolls.  For the most part, this site is more positive.  People wanting Bengals to beat Colts 60 to 0 as if Ohio State vs Akron, that was Andrew Luck out there, not Joe College.  There are no bad wins in the NFL. Any win is a good win. Considering Bengals started 2017 as worst offensive start since 1930's.  The Bengals started 0-3 last year so YES, starting 1-0 is a good win,  good start. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Sweetness Wrote: If we dont win 50-0 people have something to complain about or blame the refs for trying to give the other team the game.

I think it is a little unfair to put anything on WJ. An article was written about his PFF grade and the media hyped him.  To me, the whole thing looked like it was as an anomaly from the terrible season last year.  He is a good CB but let him say that first on the field.  I am behind him 100%, but I don't think we have any perfect corners.  Our D-line however.... 

I wanted to see more from the D-line... especially with their LT being out. But... we got 2 sacks and a W.  And *cough* who has the lamp and wished for that run game? 
Reply/Quote
Ha, I just now saw this article after posting it myself earlier:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795080-aj-green-compares-joe-mixon-to-leveon-bell-todd-gurley-after-win-vs-colts
Reply/Quote
People forget that since that last cba deal was done, first games typically aren't pretty. And games that start out ugly doesnt make the whole game ugly, since that is word being used.

That said the first half was ugly. Too many mistakes, sloppy play at times, playcalling was shaky at best. No one can argue that.

The second half though Bengals outscored the Colts 24-7. They rebounded back, and when their backs was against the wall with the Colts driving for the win, Fej made the play of the game that sealed the win.

I have no idea how this game relates to just how good the Bengals are as a complete 4 quarter team. But they did show at the very least they have potential to get there as they still have quite a bit of work to do in certain areas.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So true! A win is a win, no matter how it looked.
Reply/Quote
It could be worse you could of been Pittsburgh and tied with a team that hasn’t won in two years. I don’t know which one looks worse. I’m guessing Pittsburgh because Cleveland didn’t actually lose
Reply/Quote