Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want a Defensive Shutout
It CAN be done.

Look at the New Orleans Saints. They shut out Tom Brady and the Buccaneers so anything is possible.

Seriously, the Bengals’ defense is playing at a high level but they’re getting no respect nor any attention from the sports media. As far as I’m concerned it will take a complete shutout for Lou Anarumo and his guys to get the respect they so richly deserve.

Just once I want to see an opposing team leave the field against the Bengals with zero points. The Cincinnati defense easily has enough talent on that side of the ball to accomplish this. I want to see the Ravens, the Chiefs, or the Browns held scoreless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It CAN be done.

Look at the New Orleans Saints.  They shut out Tom Brady and the Buccaneers so anything is possible.

Seriously, the Bengals’ defense is playing at a high level but they’re getting no respect nor any attention from the sports media.  As far as I’m concerned it will take a complete shutout for Lou Anarumo and his guys to get the respect they so richly deserve.

Just once I want to see an opposing team leave the field against the Bengals with zero points.  The Cincinnati defense easily has enough talent on that side of the ball to accomplish this.  I want to see the Ravens, the Chiefs, or the Browns held scoreless.

Going to be hard to accomplish with our depleted Linebacker room.
Reply/Quote

Look at the New Orleans Saints.  They shut out Tom Brady and the Buccaneers so anything is possible.

Seriously, the Bengals’ defense is playing at a high level but they’re getting no respect nor any attention from the sports media.  As far as I’m concerned it will take a complete shutout for Lou Anarumo and his guys to get the respect they so richly deserve.

Just once I want to see an opposing team leave the field against the Bengals with zero points.  The Cincinnati defense easily has enough talent on that side of the ball to accomplish this.  I want to see the Ravens, the Chiefs, or the Browns held scoreless.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4716a5mtvi9ca9tetd6o...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I want another offensive explosion.. I'm not worried about the defense.
Reply/Quote

Yea unfortunately, i dont think you're going to see that with this currently make up in the team.  LB are weak currently.  

I mean hell the Ravens defense of 2000 was one of the best in NFL history and they had 4 shut outs in that season.  

Heck even during on of our best years in 2015, we have 0 shut outs under Zimmer.  

This is still a 10-15 ranked defense.  They surprise us and they'll keep us in games but they arent a great defense yet. 
Reply/Quote
Zac would just kick a late FG to avoid it again... oh wait... you meant.... Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They've been getting a lot of respect.

Since they were 5-2 everyones been saying they have been getting it done because of the defense and the offense is the side of the ball thats been underdelivering.

Where does all this bitterness come from? I swear everyone just makes up random stuff around here to be chafed about.

Every time the Bengals win the national media gushes over them just for the Bengals to drop 2 in a row so you'll have to forgive them if they don't jump back on the bandwagon in full after an ugly win against Denver.

Having said that my observation has been that most of the media favors the Bengas to win the division but they have reservations about
crowning anyone in this division give how inconsistent every team in it seems to be.

We really need to stop being so butt hurt all the time as fans. Who gives a flying (you know where Im going with this) what the national media thinks. Until this team proves it can win consistently they aren't getting the benefit of the bought that the Ravens or Steelers might get. And to be honest this year they aren't really even getting that. No one thinks those teams are very good.
Reply/Quote
I have heard praise for the Defense a lot this season and I am not worried about them comparably to the Offense
which has left much to be desired to me. I thought the Offense would be much better than it is right now. With us
losing Wilson, ADG and now Bachie at LB it is amazing how the D hasn't looked much worse. You know the reason
is our front. Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Reader, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Kareem, Sample are good, real good.

Would love to see a shutout, don't get me wrong but I don't see it happening with a desperate Ravens team trying
to avoid a sweep. I want this Offense to destroy these guys and not put so much on our D like they have a lot this
season, the Offense has put our Defense in bad situations time and time again and this has to stop if we are going
to win the Division.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully against Cleveland, as long as burrow doesn’t turn the ball over.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:12 PM)Tony Wrote: I want another offensive explosion.. I'm not worried about the defense.

Yeah and were going to need this if we want to have a chance winning 2 of these next 3 games. The offense needs to start showing that it can carry us thru some games.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 08:54 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hopefully against Cleveland, as long as burrow doesn’t turn the ball over.

Forget a shut out. I just want them not to make Baker look like an all pro ( I mean I think every game except against us he's thrown atleast 1 terrible pick) I would also like to see our rush defense show up.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Seriously, the Bengals’ defense is playing at a high level but they’re getting no respect nor any attention from the sports media.  As far as I’m concerned it will take a complete shutout for Lou Anarumo and his guys to get the respect they so richly deserve.

I just think our offense hasn't played at the level of the defense. The defense isn't a stu out defense but they would be getting a little more respect then they do if the offense was playing consistently.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 09:43 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Forget a shut out. I just want them not to make Baker look like an all pro ( I mean I think every game except against us he's thrown atleast 1 terrible pick) I would also like to see our rush defense show up.

You only have to stop Chubb and it’s tough. Cleveland defense is also very good. Another Denver game unless we turn the ball over like crazy.
Reply/Quote
I want to go on a winning streak right now and finish the season and post season undefeated.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 10:33 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I want to go on a winning streak right now and finish the season and post season undefeated.

Sounds good to me.
Reply/Quote
I hope Zac doesnt play a 3 pointer game becaues the Ravens play better the last quarter, they have a reliable, veteran and better kicker than we do.
If we don't score often, get your cardiac meds ready.
Reply/Quote

To be fair, that Bucs team lost essentially their #1 and #2 RB, their #1 and #2 WR and a bunch of other guys.  It was like Brady and his PS. 

If I had to pick a team they could shut out right now, I would say the Browns.  If Cleveland is essentially eliminated by week 17, they will have a TON of Bengals fans invade and buy cheap tickets.  The Browns would also just end the season of anyone fighting through injuries.  

They have Green Bay and the steelers the next two weeks.  Lose the next two weeks and they are out.  If pitt loses to KC and then the Browns, pitt is out.  

Should Cleveland be out mathematically week 17, they will mail it in (think Bengals week 17 last year) and they could get shut out.   
Reply/Quote