Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Was Afraid Of An 0-3 Start, I Now Think A 2-2 Start
(09-25-2016, 09:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Thursday night. The Dolphins. Primetime. Short week. 1-3 is in our future boys. Better buckle up for it. At best, we're better off hoping to get out healthy.

The Dolphins are on a short week as well, plus they have to travel...... and they barely beat the Browns. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No one is jumping ship because they thought the team would be 8-0.  You're just hearing the typical post-loss grumbling.  A win on Thursday, no matter how ugly, and this board will have them winning all teh superbowlz yet again.  

After they beat Miami (and I wouldn't be so sure), I doubt anyone will be saying that since they barely escaped the Browns, at home, on a normal week.  

I just hope the officiating is honest given the National stage, but I'm not holding my breath.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cardinals and Panthers both 1-2 as well. 

I'm pissed, but not worried yet.

We have a brutal first part of our schedule, plus we have no Eifert and Burfict. I think that we will go on a huge winning streak at the end of the season. The Eagles are looking kind of scary though. Wentz is looking like a beast right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have a brutal first part of our schedule, plus we have no Eifert and Burfict. I think that we will go on a huge winning streak at the end of the season. The Eagles are looking kind of scary though. Wentz is looking like a beast right now.

Wentz can play for sure... but as a rookie each week teams get more tape.  I could see him coming back to earth as the season rolls on.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Dolphins are on a short week as well, plus they have to travel...... and they barely beat the Browns. Cool

Yeah but you know who they always seem to beat? Cincinnati.

Color me surprised if we win because I'd almost be willing to bet the farm on Miami.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Come out of Week 6 at 3-3 and I'll be satisfied. 2-4 is still salvageable too, but if the Bengals happen to end up 1-5, that will spell disaster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have a brutal first part of our schedule, plus we have no Eifert and Burfict. I think that we will go on a huge winning streak at the end of the season. The Eagles are looking kind of scary though. Wentz is looking like a beast right now.

Unfortunately, that does not often happen in the NFL.  I don't have the numbers, but how many can you think of that start off with a losing record the first half of the season and then go on to the playoffs?  I looked it up last night and since 1990 only 21 teams have started 1-3 and then went on to the post season.  It seems like if you don't start off strong, you just sort of fall apart as the year goes on.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:48 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, that does not often happen in the NFL.  I don't have the numbers, but how many can you think of that start off with a losing record the first half of the season and then go on to the playoffs?  I looked it up last night and since 1990 only 21 teams have started 1-3 and then went on to the post season.  It seems like if you don't start off strong, you just sort of fall apart as the year goes on.

We were 3-5 in 2012 and we ended up 10-6. So we have done it before. It's pretty impressive that the last 8 games we went 7-1.
Reply/Quote
Even if we start 2-3, this is the hardest part of our schedule with the backend being a lot easier not too mention we get Burfict this week and hopefully Eifert this week or next. We should be able to come in around 10-11 wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:12 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We were 3-5 in 2012 and we ended up 10-6. So we have done it before. It's pretty impressive that the last 8 games we went 7-1.

This just sort of feels like one of those "off" years.  A lot of new players, coaches, and the team does not seem to have a great deal of enthusiasm.  I'm just not feeling good about them.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:17 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This just sort of feels like one of those "off" years.  A lot of new players, coaches, and the team does not seem to have a great deal of enthusiasm.  I'm just not feeling good about them.

The rest of our schedule is easy. Just out of the next 5 games I see us getting 4 wins. We really only have about 3 tough games the rest of the schedule, and some teams could start to crash and burn too. The thing that killed us yesterday was penalties. Hopefully we can fix those and we will look a lot better. The defense was playing pretty well, but they had waaay too many penalties that let the Broncos convert 3rd downs. You can't really expect the offense to take over that game either. The Broncos defense is still one of the best if not the best defenses in the league. The defense is a LOT better with Burfict on the field, and Eifert will give our offense a much needed weapon. The offense is wanting the TE to be a big factor, and Uzomah just isn't cutting it. Zampese is using Uzomah like he's Eifert, and it's costing the offense because he can't make the plays Eifert can.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:17 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This just sort of feels like one of those "off" years.  A lot of new players, coaches, and the team does not seem to have a great deal of enthusiasm.  I'm just not feeling good about them.

The Seahawks were 2-4 last year and ended up winning 8 out of their last 10 too. Sometimes teams are just missing a key player(s) that just makes the team much better. I think Burfict is easily one of those key players, and Eifert could easily be considered one too. I think both sides of the ball will vastly improve when both come back.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The rest of our schedule is easy. Just out of the next 5 games I see us getting 4 wins. We really only have about 3 tough games the rest of the schedule, and some teams could start to crash and burn too. The thing that killed us yesterday was penalties. Hopefully we can fix those and we will look a lot better. The defense was playing pretty well, but they had waaay too many penalties that let the Broncos convert 3rd downs. You can't really expect the offense to take over that game either. The Broncos defense is still one of the best if not the best defenses in the league. The defense is a LOT better with Burfict on the field, and Eifert will give our offense a much needed weapon. The offense is wanting the TE to be a big factor, and Uzomah just isn't cutting it. Zampese is using Uzomah like he's Eifert, and it's costing the offense because he can't make the plays Eifert can.

I would disagree that the rest of the schedule is "easy".  There are five primetime games, and we all know how Marvin teams struggle on the big stage.  Add in the Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys are going to be tough at home, and maybe a split with the Ravens (hope for a sweep, but who knows).  To my count, that is nine not at all easy games.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would disagree that the rest of the schedule is "easy".  There are five primetime games, and we all know how Marvin teams struggle on the big stage.  Add in the Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys are going to be tough at home, and maybe a split with the Ravens (hope for a sweep, but who knows).  To my count, that is nine not at all easy games.

I guess if you call the Redskins game a primetime game then, yeah we have 5 primetime games. I don't think that matters THAT much since I think we can beat the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, and Texans all in primetime IMO. I'm hoping we can take the Steelers out in primetime, but that games a tossup. I think it will be a lot closer than what some people think though. I think we have a good chance of beating the Cowboys too. The Cowboys haven't looked that good to me so far this year. All they have done is beat the Redskins and the Bears. They lost to the Giants, who I don't even think is that good. I think you're just being a little too paranoid because we lost to two really good teams in a row.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would disagree that the rest of the schedule is "easy".  There are five primetime games, and we all know how Marvin teams struggle on the big stage.  Add in the Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys are going to be tough at home, and maybe a split with the Ravens (hope for a sweep, but who knows).  To my count, that is nine not at all easy games.

BTW Dez Bryant is getting an MRI on his knee today.
Reply/Quote