Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Was Declared Brain Dead.....
19 years ago today, I was declared brain dead.

I was transferred hospitals that day, so no one ever told my family. My mom says, if they had told her, she would babe pulled the plug, but I'm about 60% sure she was joking ThumbsUp

Since I was declared brain dead, if I eat a vegetable, is that considered cannibalism?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Yes. Unless you eat a tomato, pepper or olive. Then you will be falsely accused.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. Unless you eat a tomato, pepper or olive. Then you will be falsely accused.

Or corn.  Corn is technically a grain.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:42 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Or corn.  Corn is technically a grain.

This is the corniest post you’ve ever made.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is the corniest post you’ve ever made.

I'm coming up blank for a comeback to this.  Brad, does that count as brain dead?   Tongue
Reply/Quote
You were a minor who was declared brain dead and the NEVER told your parents?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You were a minor who was declared brain dead and the NEVER told your parents?

Maybe you didn't see the part where I said the guy that tells the families was out sick, and then I was transferred hospitals that day, so no one ever had a chance to tell my parents.

Or do you think that, when I arrived at the new hospital, nurses and doctors walked into the room and said "oh, so your son's brain dead......  I bet that sucks!"?

You made a comment like that another time that I posted this and said that they would have sent over paperwork, so, like I asked above, do you think nurses and doctors are that insensitive to just be like "oh, your son's a potato" when they'd obviously think that my family would know?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe you didn't see the part where I said the guy that tells the families was out sick, and then I was transferred hospitals that day, so no one ever had a chance to tell my parents.

Or do you think that, when I arrived at the new hospital, nurses and doctors walked into the room and said "oh, so your son's brain dead......  I bet that sucks!"?

You made a comment like that another time that I posted this and said that they would have sent over paperwork, so, like I asked above, do you think nurses and doctors are that insensitive to just be like "oh, your son's a potato" when they'd obviously think that my family would know?

I don't remember discussing this before.

All I know is that that type of information is critical for the family to know.  So I am surprised no one told your family.  In fact I would assume they would be required to tell the parents when a minor is declared brain dead.  Doctors provide that type of information all the time. 
Reply/Quote
To be officially declared brain dead you have to consider Wheel of fortune to be the greatest tv show to ever grace the gray screen*..  

*see WOF thread.. 

Back during my own youth I had my heart stop at least twice.  I actually remember once when they zapped me with the electric shock paddles ..I was still awake at the time.. That was a shocking revelation.. and not particularly a hell of a lot of fun .. I don't recommend it for anyone looking to add a little excitement to their ordinarily boring life. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: To be officially declared brain dead you have to consider Wheel of fortune to be the greatest tv show to ever grace the gray screen*..  

*see WOF thread.. 

Back during my own youth I had my heart stop at least twice.  I actually remember once when they zapped me with the electric shock paddles ..I was still awake at the time.. That was a shocking revelation.. and not particularly a hell of a lot of fun .. I don't recommend it for anyone looking to add a little excitement to their ordinarily boring life. 

Damn it.  I guess i'll have to bring our own electric shock paddles back.  me n the wife were gonna try to add a little excitement with the gerbils and rubber sheets.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:45 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Damn it.  I guess i'll have to bring our own electric shock paddles back.  me n the wife were gonna try to add a little excitement with the gerbils and rubber sheets.

Uh, Hawk.  That's a little TMI.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't remember discussing this before.

All I know is that that type of information is critical for the family to know.  So I am surprised no one told your family.  In fact I would assume they would be required to tell the parents when a minor is declared brain dead.  Doctors provide that type of information all the time. 

I'm sure you don't remember  Rolleyes

I, on the other hand, am 10000% positive because you said that you think someone's messing with me, but when I asked who you thought was messing with me since it was my lawyers who found it in the records and presented it as evidence (which would be illegal for them to do if it were false, in case you didn't know), you didn't have an answer.

And I take it that when we did discuss this, you just briefly skimmed over it and didn't even take time to think about it besides for "oh, this must be false," because they declared me brain dead, but then I was transferred hospitals that day before anyone could tell my family because the guy was out sick, and the fact that it is required by law to tell the family, would only make sense as to why no one at the new hospital would bring it up because they would assume my family would already know.

Thanks for wasting a few more minutes of my day.
Reply/Quote
Can't you guys bury the hatchet?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:46 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can't you guys bury the hatchet?

Brad? Fred? Is it possible? I’m actually looking forward to it. Your both awesome.

1...2...3... Man hug. Now buy each other a beer.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:46 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can't you guys bury the hatchet?

No because he always posts dumb things like this in my threads or in replies to my posts just to try to bad-mouth me, and then lies about things that he has posted or conveniently "forgets," just like he is now.

If it weren't for all that, there would be nothing to bury, but he can't handle being called out because he thinks I'm stupid enough to just roll over and take whatever he throws out.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 10:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: No because he always posts dumb things like this in my threads or in replies to my posts just to try to bad-mouth me, and then lies about things that he has posted or conveniently "forgets," just like he is now.

If it weren't for all that, there would be nothing to bury, but he can't handle being called out because he thinks I'm stupid enough to just roll over and take whatever he throws out.

Okay, well I tried.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 10:42 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Okay, well I tried.

It’s a tale as old as time.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 10:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: No because he always posts dumb things like this in my threads or in replies to my posts just to try to bad-mouth me, and then lies about things that he has posted or conveniently "forgets," just like he is now.

Meh... Freds a pretty cool guy like the rest of us. He simply throws stuff out there. Dont let it get to you. He's just conversing. That's all. He throws facts and points out there to get everyone thinking. Dont take it personal. He does it for a living. I doubt he means any harm so I would not take it as such. Heck, I probably rib you more than anyone on here and you never get mad at me? Or maybe you do? Hell, I don't know? But its all guy talk. That's all it is. We love ya!   Smirk Smirk Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 12:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s a tale as old as time.

Song as old as rhyme...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 04:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Meh... Freds a pretty cool guy like the rest of us. He simply throws stuff out there. Dont let it get to you. He's just conversing. That's all. He throws facts and points out there to get everyone thinking. Dont take it personal. He does it for a living. I doubt he means any harm so I would not take it as such. Heck, I probably rib you more than anyone on here and you never get mad at me? Or maybe you do? Hell, I don't know? But its all guy talk. That's all it is. We love ya!   Smirk Smirk Smirk

Then why would he have posted what he did with no knowledge of what happened unless he was trying to discredit my post and/or take a shot at me?

Why would he then lie about it here?

Why would he claim that I said that chemotherapy didn't exist and then lie about it if he wasn't trying to discredit my posts/reputation?

You may have poked fun but it's all in good fun when it's between us and you're not malicious about anything and then, on top of all that, you never lie about it.

That's not just conversing or making fun in a joking manner.

I'm not one to let just let people bash me or disrespect me and think they can get away with it.

I love everyone here, but I just don't accept people disrespecting me.
Reply/Quote