Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I Was Just Asked To Present In St Louis Again!
If anybody remembers, I once presented out in Saint Louis at the Missouri Speech-Hearing-Language Convention, and I just received another request to present in Saint Louis, but this time at the Brain Injury Foundation of St. Louis!

This is HUGE!

I'm still waiting on my big break, so maybe someone with a child at a high school or a spouse that teaches will see my presentation and try to set me up at a school. Then, all the dominoes start falling and I travel more and more!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this works out!
Reply/Quote
Quote:Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this works out!
Have you recently been involved in a mass shooting by any chance?
Well, good luck either way..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm still waiting on my big break, so maybe someone with a child at a high school or a spouse that teaches will see my presentation and try to set me up at a school.  Then, all the dominoes start falling and I travel more and more!

Seems like these foundations and conventions would have a lot more funding to bring in speakers than high schools.  Is there anyway to target them more as your market than schools?

Obviously there are thousands more schools than foundations and conventions, but I don't know how much schools have to pay for speakers.  I assume it gets expensive when they have to pay for your travel and lodging.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems like these foundations and conventions would have a lot more funding to bring in speakers than high schools.  Is there anyway to target them more as your market than schools?

Obviously there are thousands more schools than foundations and conventions, but I don't know how much schools have to pay for speakers.  I assume it gets expensive when they have to pay for your travel and lodging.

They do have more funding, but I couldn't care less about money because I do it for the love of making a difference.

I mentioned presenting at that conference and I did present at Kentucky's version of it, which they covered traveling expenses and paid pretty well, so I've thought about trying to get into other states' version of it.

I hate having money involved in any way because that's not why I do it.
Reply/Quote