Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Will NOT Go through more 1990's Type BUNGLES.
(11-10-2017, 11:11 AM)treee Wrote: I've had this discussion before, but I do think that Brown wants to win. But you're all right, he is a business man first (which is obviously not a recipe for success in the NFL).

I agree that he wants to win, but I don't think the issue is that he's a business man first. The issue, IMO, is that he has this idea of how to run a football team (that he would say he got from his father), but the game has changed so much since Mike took over and he refuses to adapt.

Brown wants to win, but he wants to win it his way. Whether to prove the doubters wrong or just because he thinks it's the best way, this is the way we're going to do things until someone else comes along and does something different (here's hoping it's Katie or we'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooong time).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:03 AM)kevin Wrote: YES, it really IS as BAD....I give you the O Line of Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Hopkins, Fisher.....Maybe the worst O Lines in Bengals history....Certainly up there as bad as the 1992, the 2002 or the 2008 O Lines. .....An O Line so bad that none of the plays in the playbook have a chance to work.  Any play called has the defense slamming our RB or QB into the ground for a loss as the defense does an Indian Tribal Fire Dance in celebration around the Bungles laying on their rear ends on the field.  ......As soon as the ball is snapped, Ogbuehi gets knocked 10 yards back and on his rear end.  All these guys are getting blown off the line and onto their rear ends every single play.... YES IT IS AS BAD AS THE 1990's......YES IT IS AS BAD AS THE 1990's......The 2017 Bengals with no blocking will be lucky to win 4 games. ....I do not blame the sad sacks on the line, or the coaches, I blame MIKE BROWN for his off season cheapness. ......Now maybe some of you can watch all the plays get blown up due to no blocking as the other teams defense dances and laughs at the Bengals butts laying on the ground, I can't watch it. I won't watch it.  I've seen too many BUNGLES teams like this for one lifetime.

With NO BLOCKING and one of the WORST O Lines in Bengals or NFL history....BUNGLES will be lucky to win 4 games in 2017....There is NO BLOCKING.....4 win season .

Agree about the OL. IIRC, the Bengals have never had this bad of an OL, at least not in the ML era. Their best player on OL is merely serviceable. This Bengals team will continue to fail until A) the OL is properly addressed, and/or B) a QB good enough to extend the play himself and make up for said porous OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agree about the OL. IIRC, the Bengals have never had this bad of an OL, at least not in the ML era. Their best player on OL is merely serviceable. This Bengals team will continue to fail until A) the OL is properly addressed, and/or B) a QB good enough to extend the play himself and make up for said porous OL.

Exactly right on all accounts my friend. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree that he wants to win, but I don't think the issue is that he's a business man first. The issue, IMO, is that he has this idea of how to run a football team (that he would say he got from his father), but the game has changed so much since Mike took over and he refuses to adapt.

Brown wants to win, but he wants to win it his way. Whether to prove the doubters wrong or just because he thinks it's the best way, this is the way we're going to do things until someone else comes along and does something different (here's hoping it's Katie or we'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooong time).

I agree he "wants" to win. But I disagree that he "cares" about winning ! It's not his passion.

You can't make me believe he wasn't aware of how bad this O-line might be, and very likely would be. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree he "wants" to win. But I disagree that he "cares" about winning ! It's not his passion.

You can't make me believe he wasn't aware of how bad this O-line might be, and very likely would be. 

I believe that both Brown and Merv honestly thought we'd be ok with Og and Fisher. Of course the fact that they think Bodine doesn't need replaced either is just as worrisome, but what are you going to do?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote