Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Won't Pay Amazon For Thursday Night Football
(09-28-2022, 09:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "56 orders placed in the last 3 months"

Is that normal?

Not at all.

That's barely half of what shows to the houses on my street.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:20 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I feel like I should request that Amazon pay me for tricking me into watching the Colts vs Broncos game. It’s potentially one of the most boring NFL games I’ve ever seen.

^ Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not at all.

That's barely half of what shows to the houses on my street.

You should have seen what the numbers were while i was restoring the wife's Tiburon. 

Yeeeeeeesh.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
AMZ is great.

I hope I never get to the point in life where I become stubborn and so curmudgeonly that I refuse to do things like get AMZ Prime (Things That would make life better and simpler) just out of spite.

Last night was a hilarious game. It was like watching Playoff Dalton vs Prime Time Dalton. A hell of a miserable 3.5 hours. But, fun if you had Indy +3.5
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Experience alternate streams

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21436610011

Thks gonna check this out next week. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:41 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Thks gonna check this out next week. 

Just so there's no added confusion for anyone, when you've pulled the game up live, at the bottom of the screen you'll see "Broadcasts" with a drop down arrow. Just click on that and choose which version you want to watch. At least, that's the way it is on my PC. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:20 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I feel like I should request that Amazon pay me for tricking me into watching the Colts vs Broncos game. It’s potentially one of the most boring NFL games I’ve ever seen.

No kidding.  What a snoozer.  The first quarter ended and I said to my kids "this game sucks" and just then got a text from a buddy who was at the game and only enjoying himself because he was in a suite with good eats/drinks.  I couldn't even watch after halftime. 

I've got to say to the OP I'm somewhat surprised anyone doesn't have Prime these days, though.  There's a cost/convenience aspect to shopping that way I just can't see losing.  Running to multiple stores to find something vs just grabbing it online to arrive the next day (or sometimes same day) without extra shipping fees is just really hard to beat, plus all of the streaming content. 
Reply/Quote

This Washington/Chicago game is giving that game a run for its money.  Ugh.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This Washington/Chicago game is giving that game a run for its money.  Ugh.

Kevin knows what’s up.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Kevin knows what’s up.

We've had Prime for a few years now, but if we didn't, there's no way I would have shelled out for it just to see this.  Doesn't help that their orange unis/helmet look like ours with the stripes removed.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've had Prime for a few years now, but if we didn't, there's no way I would have shelled out for it just to see this.  Doesn't help that their orange unis/helmet look like ours with the stripes removed.  

I think I’ve heard it’s either the Bears or the Broncos…one of their shades of orange is the exact same as the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I think I’ve heard it’s either the Bears or the Broncos…one of their shades of orange is the exact same as the Bengals.

Both us and the Bears use pantone orange number 1655, according to the interwebs.  With the all 22 shots it looks like us out there, with less pitch-outs.    
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Both us and the Bears use pantone orange number 1655, according to the interwebs.  With the all 22 shots it looks like us out there, with less pitch-outs.    

There you have it. Good call, I swore I didn’t make it up in my head.
Reply/Quote
That was just brutal. 2 guys who have no business being starting QBs.

A 12-7 game after a 12-9 game.... Amazon probably wasn't expecting this when they got Thursday Night Football. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 12:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was just brutal. 2 guys who have no business being starting QBs.

A 12-7 game after a 12-9 game.... Amazon probably wasn't expecting this when they got Thursday Night Football. Lol

Wentz had played good a few games this year, but then has been just god awful recently. The guy can be a decent QB. Surprisingly stayed healthy for the most part the last few years.

Also yes another boring Thursday night game. Why do they schedule these? This is as bad as I expected it to be to start the season. Colts vs Broncos was disappointing from my pre season expectations, but this looked like a bad boring game from the start.
Reply/Quote
The NFL has done Amazon No favors with the games they have put on there most of the year so far lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 03:40 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Wentz had played good a few games this year, but then has been just god awful recently. The guy can be a decent QB. Surprisingly stayed healthy for the most part the last few years.

Also yes another boring Thursday night game. Why do they schedule these? This is as bad as I expected it to be to start the season. Colts vs Broncos was disappointing from my pre season expectations, but this looked like a bad boring game from the start.

[Image: goodell%2Bcash.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: goodell%2Bcash.png]

Correction: Why do people pay to stream shitty games?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 01:16 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Correction: Why do people pay to stream shitty games?

A lot of people already had Amazon membership for the quick free shipping. In that case it's just a free addition to something you were already paying for.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 01:16 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Correction: Why do people pay to stream shitty games?

I don't think most sign up for Prime to watch Thursday night games.  I know I wouldn't.  I think most are already Prime members for the free shipping and Prime also includes Prime Video and other perks.  So really the Thursday games are just bonus material for most that already have Prime for other reasons.  I didn't watch last nights game and would not have even watched it if it was on over the air TV because I knew it would be a bad game.

I think one reason Amazon has invested in this is that they are still possibly in the running to take over Sunday Ticket next year.  They have been gradually more involved with Thursday night football for several years now.  So my theory has been they are trying to show the NFL they are capable as a streaming service to take over Sunday Ticket.   Although I have read that Apple is currently a front runner.  I have to admit the option to watch with Prime Vision with next gen stats is pretty cool.   Also I guess it's another way to advertise another perk of Prime to the people that don't have Prime. Plus the games still have advertisements which I'm sure they sold for a good amount of money. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote