Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Personally Like To Thank Dirk Koetter
For starting Winston and sticking with him for nearly 3 full quarters. You the real MVP.
Reply/Quote
Yep - And unfortuntely means Teryl Austin will get a pass. . This is the worst Bengals defense I've seen in a long time
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:37 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Yep - And unfortuntely means Teryl Austin will get a pass. . This is the worst Bengals defense I've seen in a long time

exactly...

But... but... but... 4 INTs one for a SCORE.... Offense needs to do better.

and I am here like, what if I told you that the offense and the defense could be better?

The win itself will grant a pass for this game, but it shouldn't have come this close.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:40 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: exactly...

But... but... but... 4 INTs one for a SCORE.... Offense needs to do better.

and I am here like, what if I told you that the offense and the defense could be better?

The win itself will grant a pass for this game, but it shouldn't have come this close.

4 Ints, weren't made by good defensive plays, well except maybe Bates' pick 6, they were made by stupid throws- All they had to do was catch. 
Reply/Quote
Not at all defending anyone here, but 2 things;

1. Fitzpatrick ALWAYS plays well against us, have no idea why.
2. It looked like we game planned Winston very well and had 0 contingency for if a backup came in.

If Bates doesn't pick that off and TB punts, Winston stays in the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:42 PM)bengals73 Wrote: 4 Ints, weren't made by good defensive plays, well except maybe Bates' pick 6, they were made by stupid throws- All they had to do was catch. 

This is going to be the popular refrain, but it's just not true. For instance on the Williams INT, Billings applied pressure on Jameis causing him to throw off balance. If Jameis is not feeling pressure, he make none of those poor throws
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Jameis Winston was UBER bad today......
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is going to be the popular refrain, but it's just not true. For instance on the Williams INT, Billings applied pressure on Jameis causing him to throw off balance. If Jameis is not feeling pressure, he make none of those poor throws

Kind of nit picking here. Either way, winston played like crap and made the defense look good with turnovers, bottom line - Teryl Austin needs to go
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:58 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Kind of nit picking here. Either way, winston played like crap and made the defense look good with turnovers, bottom line - Teryl Austin needs to go

I do not disagree with either of your points. Winston did not handle the pressure well and Turryl needs to be replaced. Unfortunately the only guy on the staff that could replace him is Haslett 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Whats crazy is that Fitzy came in with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and he ended up with 194 yards, 2 tds, 0 ints. with a fg drive too. WOW.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Well now everyone here has gotten to see Jameis Winston in action - I have before because the Bucs played the Bears before and also he was on TV before. Was I right? He is horrible at actually playing the QB position. He has a cannon arm and can run but has zero awareness, no touch whatsoever on his passes and is one of the worst players I have ever seen at diagnosing defenses and such.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not at all defending anyone here, but 2 things;

1. Fitzpatrick ALWAYS plays well against us, have no idea why.
2. It looked like we game planned Winston very well and had 0 contingency for if a backup came in.

If Bates doesn't pick that off and TB punts, Winston stays in the game.

Game planning for Winston is just 'OK guys...just stand somewhere down field, he'll find a way to throw you the ball'. The guy is so bad he makes Ryan Fitzpatrick look like an All-Pro in comparison ffs. 

The Bucs seem to find themselves in the conundrum that occurs when you have a QB with all the talent in the world, but the decision making skills of a toddler who just chugged a Red Bull. We've seen it before in Jeff George & Jay Cutler just off the top of my head; fantastic arm talent, not much of anything between the ears. Teams have a hard time showing that kind of arm the door.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Ravage Wrote: Game planning for Winston is just 'OK guys...just stand somewhere down field, he'll find a way to throw you the ball'. The guy is so bad he makes Ryan Fitzpatrick look like an All-Pro in comparison ffs. 

The Bucs seem to find themselves in the conundrum that occurs when you have a QB with all the talent in the world, but the decision making skills of a toddler who just chugged a Red Bull. We've seen it before in Jeff George & Jay Cutler just off the top of my head; fantastic arm talent, not much of anything between the ears. Teams have a hard time showing that kind of arm the door.

JaMarcus Russell?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:43 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: JaMarcus Russell?

Ha was thinking the same thing..

I never thought winston was that good. I would have definitely taken marrioto over him... with that said, i dont think marrioto is that good either.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:43 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: JaMarcus Russell?

(10-28-2018, 07:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Ha was thinking the same thing..

I never thought winston was that good. I would have definitely taken marrioto over him... with that said, i dont think marrioto is that good either.

You can include Russell, I guess. Except at this point, Winston's career is already longer than Russell's was. JaWalrus only lasted 3 years and never got another shot with another team. George & Cutler certainly did, and if the Bucs cut bait on Winston, I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't at least get a chance as a backup somewhere else as some coach's 'I can fix him' project.
Reply/Quote
That's right. Tampa Bay got out coached!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's right.  Tampa Bay got out coached!

The Bengals haven't out coached anyone since Sam Wyche was roaming the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The Bengals haven't out coached anyone since Sam Wyche was roaming the sidelines.

Idk I’d say even Marvin can out coach Hue Jackson...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk I’d say even Marvin can out coach Hue Jackson...

We shall see. Nervous

Reply/Quote
The D was bad, but honestly give Fitz credit. The guy played great and his recievers made some great catches. Still no excuse got that D though. Fitzpatrick might have thrown for 700 yards and 8 TDs if he'd started the game. Marvin and Austin need to have a long talk during the bye. Because this D is an embarrassment right now, and the talent is there to be better
Reply/Quote