Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I almost didn’t get on here.
Because I knew people would be blaming Taylor. Get out of here !! No one can win with this line. This is Daltons last run. AJ needs to go to IR if we don’t go 2-0 the next 2 games. Next year we add Jonah Williams and draft more OLine. At some point we need to make decision on Finley. Absolutely no reason to draft anything other than OLine and linebackers with a possible QB ofcourse. Do not judge ZT until he gets a competent roster.
Reply/Quote
Agree with you about the line... Both of them. But this looks like a poorly coached team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:23 AM)jason Wrote: Agree with you about the line... Both of them. But this looks like a poorly coached team.

Maybe call some more runs out of 11 personnel, ZT I think is trying do a little too much in the passing game with plays that take too much time to develop with our terrible line, but other than that I don't think we can blame the staff much more.  Lou's defense has gotten better, if we had a halfway competent offense we could compete. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Because I knew people would be blaming Taylor. Get out of here !! No one can win with this line. This is Daltons last run. AJ needs to go to IR if we don’t go 2-0 the next 2 games. Next year we add Jonah Williams and draft more OLine. At some point we need to make decision on Finley. Absolutely no reason to draft anything other than OLine and linebackers with a possible QB ofcourse. Do not judge ZT until he gets a competent roster.

So let me get this straight, the NFL is designed for parity, and yet a month into the season we can't judge anyone because our o-line is so bad?  It's over. It's done.  We can watch the next 12 games but god forbid we try to conclude anything because no one can win here.  No one.

So not only do I get to watch garbage football, but I can't say anything about our QB of 9 years, our HC who is in way over his head, our position coaches who sport some of the foulest resumes we've seen, or the players who seem to have gone from "ZT is fun and he doesn't bench us if we screw up" to being lazy and quitting?

This is what is great about this situation...our o-line has been bad for 5 years but now it is so bad that entire seasons of football are a waste of time.  It's like we are taking on an army with a pointed stick, or something.  Hope is futile, it's over, give up.  See you next year with zero changes, because why change a thing?

NO ONE CAN WIN HERE

They ought to put that on the damn stadium.

(10-01-2019, 10:49 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Maybe call some more runs out of 11 personnel, ZT I think is trying do a little too much in the passing game with plays that take too much time to develop with our terrible line, but other than that I don't think we can blame the staff much more.  Lou's defense has gotten better, if we had a halfway competent offense we could compete. 

This post makes me think that you think there are things we can do to get some wins....well we can't.  No hope until we fix this o line.  ZT may as well stand on the sideline and futz around on facebook or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So let me get this straight, the NFL is designed for parity, and yet a month into the season we can't judge anyone because our o-line is so bad?  It's over. It's done.  We can watch the next 12 games but god forbid we try to conclude anything because no one can win here.  No one.

So not only do I get to watch garbage football, but I can't say anything about our QB of 9 years, our HC who is in way over his head, our position coaches who sport some of the foulest resumes we've seen, or the players who seem to have gone from "ZT is fun and he doesn't bench us if we screw up" to being lazy and quitting?

This is what is great about this situation...our o-line has been bad for 5 years but now it is so bad that entire seasons of football are a waste of time.  It's like we are taking on an army with a pointed stick, or something.  Hope is futile, it's over, give up.  See you next year with zero changes, because why change a thing?

NO ONE CAN WIN HERE

This post makes me think that you think there are things we can do to get some wins....well we can't.  No hope until we fix this o line.  ZT may as well stand on the sideline and futz around on facebook or something.

It's a process, I still wouldn't be surprised if ZT wins 7 to 9 games. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So let me get this straight, the NFL is designed for parity, and yet a month into the season we can't judge anyone because our o-line is so bad?  It's over. It's done.  We can watch the next 12 games but god forbid we try to conclude anything because no one can win here.  No one.

NO ONE CAN WIN HERE

I don't think ZT is without blame, but in the same breath he's not one I'd include in our biggest problems just yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think ZT is without blame, but in the same breath he's not one I'd include in our biggest problems just yet.

I get that, but we are 0-4 with the only relief in sight being that we play the Cardinals and Miami and the hopes that the Browns fall apart soon.  I was more ok with targeting our "biggest issues" when we were losing in the playoffs and having 6 or 7 win seasons but now we are so bad that there is plenty of time to look at problems beyond the big one.

What it comes down to is that our o-line could be the biggest problem facing this team for another 5 years, so we are supposed to just roll with Dalton and ZT and whomever ZT wants to give coaching positions to because "we can't judge them until the line is competent."  Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I won't have to watch another 76 games of last night before I'm allowed to maybe judge this team.
Reply/Quote
Side note, I'm not saying we should replace Dalton or that doing so would "fix" things. What I am saying is that given the o-line being a top priority and the fact that it is worse than before I simply don't have much faith the o-line is going to be fixed while Dalton is still here. At some point a new QB is likely going to have to play behind a bad o-line in Cincy.

Or we could hope Dalton and Green play here until they are 42 to keep us from having to invest resources anywhere but the o-line.
Reply/Quote
What is most discouraging is that 4 games into the season, we get our biggest rival who is depleted and ranked last in a lot of categories. Our players should be up for that game and they werent. They clown-stomped us handily. We are not showing improvement. If anything our woes are getting worse each game. ZT needs more time and better players I get it, but he can show us how good he is if he can turn some crap around. Mainly just play fundamentally sound. If we get beat we get beat, but we are more than getting beat. Fix the communication issues, teach the defense how to properly wrap up and tackle. Perhaps, give Finley a shot. Maybe he will move around the pocket better and get something going. Dalton is a drop back QB with no pocket awareness. Thats not a good thing with this OL.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Because I knew people would be blaming Taylor. Get out of here !! No one can win with this line. This is Daltons last run. AJ needs to go to IR if we don’t go 2-0 the next 2 games. Next year we add Jonah Williams and draft more OLine. At some point we need to make decision on Finley. Absolutely no reason to draft anything other than OLine and linebackers with a possible QB ofcourse. Do not judge ZT until he gets a competent roster.

Its a New-Dey !!!!!We are going to go out there and take whats ours.  REALLY ??????? And I agree with your thoughts ,this is a very poorly  coached team and these spoiled fifthy rich dudes are not listening to these coaches.They need to make them practice everyday in the heat and do not let us.DO any of you think a Mike Tomlin team would play this badly?? He would sit them and they would have to earn their way again.This is just madness and Zac Taylor is way above his head and I say this,Dave Shula,welcome to the AFC NORTH, AND we need a GM, AND several assistants for that person and I truly believe Mr.Dave Lapham should be coaching on this team,especially the O-line.Who is with me on this????Please do not attend this sundays game and the ones that do,please boo the whole game.Bench fat-butt Andre Smith,he is as slow as a sloth. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote

Marvin did. Just saying.

Taylor is in over his head. It all sounds great coming out of his mouth and Mike Brown and Family bought the talk hook, line and sinker.

But it turned out to be a bunch of fluff and PR backed up by zero substance.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Marvin did. Just saying.

Taylor is in over his head. It all sounds great coming out of his mouth and Mike Brown and Family bought the talk hook, line and sinker.

But it turned out to be a bunch of fluff and PR backed up by zero substance.

Marvin did not have to start both Andre Smith and Bobby Hart, so no he did not. 
Reply/Quote

I almost didn't get on here either brother but I appreciate your post.

This all makes sense to me.
Reply/Quote

NO ONE CAN WIN HERE

Dude, calm down. This is why i didn't want to come on here.

This shit is depressing. It is a game for **** sake!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, calm down. This is why i didn't want to come on here.

This shit is depressing. It is a game for **** sake!!!

Well feel free to not come here.  You seem pretty content to accept that this year is a total waste, so I'd hate to see this message board upset you when certain maniacs like me aren't ready to simply excuse everyone involved who isn't on the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well feel free to not come here.  You seem pretty content to accept that this year is a total waste, so I'd hate to see this message board upset you when certain maniacs like me aren't ready to simply excuse everyone involved who isn't on the o-line.

Don't think that was the intent of the OP.

Not content at all either. It sucks, people like you just make it suck more.

Your negativity is beyond sad. It is a game, hopefully we can see something positive this season to hold our hat on.

You just say there is no hope and i don't like that, sorry brother.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't think that was the intent of the OP.

Not content at all either. It sucks, people like you just make it suck more.

Your negativity is beyond sad. It is a game, hopefully we can see something positive this season to hold our hat on.

You just say there is no hope and i don't like that, sorry brother.

Wait wait wait, I"m the one saying that saying "NO ONE CAN WIN HERE" is loser talk and it's a cop out...how am I the one being negative?  Unless you missed that I'm arguing against the narrative in my posts.

This thread is about just giving ZT a pass for 2019 because the o line sucks. I realize he's in a tough spot, but to just give up on the season a month in, I don't agree with.
Reply/Quote
Agreed, it's wrong to blame a young and extremely inexperienced coaching staff.

Instead blame the front office for hiring the young and extremely inexperienced coaching staff, while also bringing in players like Andre, Hart, and a below average Miller to upgrade the o-line.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait wait wait, I"m the one saying that saying "NO ONE CAN WIN HERE" is loser talk and it's a cop out...how am I the one being negative?  Unless you missed that I'm arguing against the narrative in my posts.

This thread is about just giving ZT a pass for 2019 because the o line sucks.  I realize he's in a tough spot, but to just give up on the season a month in, I don't agree with.

Okay, I getcha Nately.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:37 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Marvin did not have to start both Andre Smith and Bobby Hart, so no he did not. 

He had to start Hart with Ogbuehi as his backup.

That's only 1 player. This team is way worse than 1 player different from last season.

Reply/Quote