Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I doubt the Bengals would change coaches after 1 season...but...
Supposedly, MB really likes Jay Gruden. There were rumblings a couple years back that IF Jay Gruden hit the market that the Bengals would have moved on from Marvin for Jay.

Not that Jay is great. He's in a dysfunctional owner situation himself.

And the Bengals would have to pay out ZT's contract.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him back as OC in a second.

No thanks as a HC.
Reply/Quote
He was probably our best OC in decades. He likely ends up in Oakland is what speculation is.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Supposedly, MB really likes Jay Gruden. There were rumblings a couple years back that IF Jay Gruden hit the market that the Bengals would have moved on from Marvin for Jay.

Not that Jay is great. He's in a dysfunctional owner situation himself.

And the Bengals would have to pay out ZT's contract.

That's definitely an MB type of move, aka an absolutely stupid one.

But, in reality, I don't see MB firing Taylor this year or even next regardless of record.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's definitely an MB type of move, aka an absolutely stupid one.

But, in reality, I don't see MB firing Taylor this year or even next regardless of record.

Agreed. Just something interesting to watch if things continue to go south.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd take him back as OC in a second.

No thanks as a HC.

Yep.  The inexperience of this coaching staff is starting to show in the worst of ways.  We need somebody in here with some semblance of knowing what they're doing.

Callahan can be an offensive assistant, which is basically what he is anyway.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was probably our best OC in decades. He likely ends up in Oakland is what speculation is.

They're really going to eat that Gruden contract?  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They're really going to eat that Gruden contract?  

There were rumors that Jay was going to be fired as soon as this week. It didn't happen yet though.
Reply/Quote