Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am embarrassed
20 year fan from Cincy. Living here in the mountains of Colorado trying to find a way to be justify being a fan. Multiple trips a year back to Cincy for games. Spent 1000s over the years supporting our men. I’m embarrassed at the effort today. I get the whole tanking thing. But for *****’ sake, we had the best chance in years to beat those assholes and put them in the playoff hole. and we trotted out Finley over and over and over. Throw the fan base a bone. The freakin Steelers benched their 2nd string qb for ***** sake. Taunted us to win the game and we still lost. Ps if I have to look at another extended view of Tomlin’s smug ass on my tv anytime in the near future, I’m gonna be down a tv.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like we all feel similar.
Reply/Quote
Well at 0-11, we are beyond what if's. But it can be noted Boyd's fumble was a critical play and Finley executed it fine with a nice throw.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Well at 0-11, we are beyond what if's.  But it can be noted Boyd's fumble was a critical play and Finley executed it fine with a nice throw.

Uhhhhhh . . . no. He did not.

Boyd beat a LB and had to wait on a weak under throw to catch the ball, turn and run. This enabled said beaten LB to catch up to Boyd at full speed and execute a great play.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
You have such a unique situation among the fan base and I'm glad you brought your plight to our attention. Meanwhile us other Bengals fans are just giddy with this 0-11 shitshow.
Reply/Quote
Boyd was assailed by a promising rookie LB they jumped over us to draft and then the fumble was picked up by a ball-hawking maniac of a defense player they traded for while we sat on our hands and did nothing to address our hole-filled roster.

Poetic stuff, that. Pittsburgh does stuff and gets good players, enough stuff that we managed to lose to an abortion of a backup QB and then an undrafted 3rd string rookie QB. Pittsburgh did some stuff and we didn't.

Er, well we replaced a boring ho-hum HC with a guy who is 0-11 and we replaced a boring ho-hum QB with a 25 year old rookie who completes 47% of his passes and has 2 TDs and 5 TOs, so we did something I guess.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Boyd was assailed by a promising rookie LB they jumped over us to draft and then the fumble was picked up by a ball-hawking maniac of a defense player they traded for while we sat on our hands and did nothing to address our hole-filled roster.

Poetic stuff, that.  Pittsburgh does stuff and gets good players, enough stuff that we managed to lose to an abortion of a backup QB and then an undrafted 3rd string rookie QB.  Pittsburgh did some stuff and we didn't.

Er, well we replaced a boring ho-hum HC with a guy who is 0-11 and we replaced a boring ho-hum QB with a 25 year old rookie who completes 47% of his passes and has 2 TDs and 5 TOs, so we did something I guess.

Don't forget that when we do stuff to get players, it usually is re-signing someone whom we already cut once before. Hardy Nickerson being the latest example.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You have such a unique situation among the fan base and I'm glad you brought your plight to our attention. Meanwhile us other Bengals fans are just giddy with this 0-11 shitshow.

Not suggesting we are unique, but for ***** sake. Bengals complain about having a small market fan base, yet they don’t do shit to stave off the national narrative. When people out here ask why we’re still fans, I got nothing other than nostalgia. 2 months ago we bought flights for the jets game next weekend. MB can eat a bag of dicks. We will be in Cincy but we will watch the game and spend our money elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
Mikey Brown

Doin' stuff for decades
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Boyd was assailed by a promising rookie LB they jumped over us to draft and then the fumble was picked up by a ball-hawking maniac of a defense player they traded for while we sat on our hands and did nothing to address our hole-filled roster.

Poetic stuff, that.  Pittsburgh does stuff and gets good players, enough stuff that we managed to lose to an abortion of a backup QB and then an undrafted 3rd string rookie QB.  Pittsburgh did some stuff and we didn't.
And that's why they have the rings, the HoFers and no losing seasons in forever, while Mike Brown sits in his office drooling, thinking of what defender he can turn into a TE. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote