Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am ready for football
How bout you guys? I am very excited now! I like my team's chances but also want to say Who Dey to the Bengals! I hope they have a great season as well! 58 days I think tell kickoff!
Reply/Quote
Only a couple of weeks until training camp, isn't it?
Reply/Quote
I'm ready too.  I'm getting tired of the sports that just 'get me by'.  NASCAR, Golf (even though it is the British Open this weekend), and baseball.  now that the All Star game has past, bring on the pigskin please! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone go to the All star game here?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 06:21 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Anyone go to the All star game here?

There was an All-Star game in Wisconsin? Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Lol at Awful Liama. I meant did any of you guys go to the All Star game seeing it was in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready. Is there anyway i can keep the weather we are having though? the start of football usually means the start of the cold weather for me.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:35 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I'm ready.  Is there anyway i can keep the weather we are having though?  the start of football usually means the start of the cold weather for me.

Don't you already have pro football games in Toronto right now?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't you already have pro football games in Toronto right now?

ya if you are into CFL.  not my cup of tea though.  I'm an NCAA and NFL guy through and through Freddy
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:59 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote:  not my cup of tea though.  

Don't they play for a cup of Earl Grey?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:59 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote:  I'm an NCAA and NFL guy through and through Freddy

I have actually found myself watching Arena League and CFL games during the offseason, but that is only because almost everything else on TV is total shit.  

There are a handful of shows on TV I like, but there are also nights when I go through 100 channels and don't find anything worth watching.

Since I watch a lot of college football I usually recognize a few guys in the Arena League games and sometimes even the CFL games.
Reply/Quote
I would abstain from watching football for the rest of my life if it meant that I never had to experience the rapid, depressing decline of summer into winter.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bengals play, but I sure as hell don't hope that it comes any sooner.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would abstain from watching football for the rest of my life if it meant that I never had to experience the rapid, depressing decline of summer into winter.

Autumn is the absolute best time of the year. Football, college and pro, cool weather, long walks amidst the falling leaves, bonfires, Halloween, Thanksgiving.

To each his own, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Autumn is the absolute best time of the year.  Football, college and pro, cool weather, long walks amidst the falling leaves, bonfires, Halloween, Thanksgiving.  

To each his own, I guess.

No, I like Autumn.  It's got its positives, for sure.....HOODIES!  I love everything that you listed.  I just know that right after Autumn comes a 3-4 month stretch where I don't leave my house.  I finally stumble out sometime in mid to late March looking emaciated, with a homeless level beard (they're actually in style now), and squinty eyes from not seeing the sun since November. 
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No, I like Autumn.  It's got its positives, for sure.....HOODIES!  I love everything that you listed.  I just know that right after Autumn comes a 3-4 month stretch where I don't leave my house.  I finally stumble out sometime in mid to late March looking emaciated, with a homeless level beard (they're actually in style now), and squinty eyes from not seeing the sun since November. 

Well, there's lots of places in this country where there's really no winter. Florida, Arizona, etc. I don't mind Ohio because we get a nice mix of weather, but if I hated cold weather, I might be looking for warmer accomodations. Easier said than done sometimes, I realize.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, there's lots of places in this country where there's really no winter.  Florida, Arizona, etc.  I don't mind Ohio because we get a nice mix of weather, but if I hated cold weather, I might be looking for warmer accomodations.  Easier said than done sometimes, I realize.

My wife is from Texas, and we almost moved there a couple of years ago.  I couldn't find a job that I really wanted though, and then my mom came down with the cancer (she's in remission now, praise jeebus)....it was just hard to commit to making that big of a life change.  We're still looking at houses, and we aren't confining ourselves to the Cincinnati area, but I don't see it happening, if I'm being straight with myself.

I'd miss Cincy too much anyway.  I don't know that I could ever leave her permanently.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My wife is from Texas, and we almost moved there a couple of years ago.  I couldn't find a job that I really wanted though, and then my mom came down with the cancer (she's in remission now, praise jeebus)....it was just hard to commit to making that big of a life change.  We're still looking at houses, and we aren't confining ourselves to the Cincinnati area, but I don't see it happening, if I'm being straight with myself.

I'd miss Cincy too much anyway.  I don't know that I could ever leave her permanently.

where in Texas where you looking out of curiosity?  i've been to Dallas, Houston and Austin.  Austin was really nice.  I could totally see myself living there.  The other two not so much. 
Reply/Quote