Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so proud
This may seem like nothing to you but I am so proud of my club that I just had to share this.

My club, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, have made the championship play offs. We are potentially three games off playing in the premier league.

To put this in context, we have spent 3.5 million pounds on players this season. Compared to Newcastle (finished 2nd) who spent 55million...Aston Villa who spent 90 million (12th place). Aston Villa spent more than REAL MADRID this season!!!! We have the same budget as Rotherham who finished dead last. They are about 20 points behind the team above them. We have the same budget and have a shot at being in the same league as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

None of you will care, but as a lifelong fan I feel this is my duty to spread the word.

This has been done on work ethic, positivity and team spirit. You can spend as much as you like but ultimately work ethic and spirit are the most important values in all sport.

In the words of cult hero Michael Hefele...it's a f*cking dream!!!!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/7sPPg9bx4yg

Reply/Quote
Sweet man, congrats! I've been following the Premier League for a few years now (MU fan), and try to watch matches when I can if they are on.

Also play quite a bit of FIFA on the Xbox1, so I am familiar with Huddersfield more through that to be honest. Actually started a career with Newcastle few months ago to see how far I could take them lol. Sucks though, cause Im in Ohio, and up until recently had the BEIN channel which carried EFL games and LaLiga. But I switched cable channel tiers and its gone.

Anyways hope you guys make it. Maybe be the next Leicester City in a few years winning it all!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks mate, I can dream!

Reply/Quote
Wasn't Leicester in the bottom league before they won the premier league last year. Anything can happen in sports man! Rooting for you guys!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 04:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Wasn't Leicester in the bottom league before they won the premier league last year. Anything can happen in sports man! Rooting for you guys!!

Leicester was an amazing story in all of sports. In 2008-2009, they were in the 3rd tier league known as League 1. Then by end of 2013-14 season they won the EFL (the 2nd tier league) to move up to the Premier League (1st tier). 

In the 2014-15 season they were close to being relegated back to the EFL, but went on a tear at the end of year to finish in 14th in the PL. Then the 2015-2016 season they won it all, and secured a spot in the Champions League, the biggest Euro non-international tourney. They would make it to the quarter finals to lose to Atletico Madrid not to long ago.

A footnote to all this, Euro football clubs can be ruthless with their managers (head coaches). Their hc that lead them the last two years in the PL to win it all, was fired a few months ago because they were close to being relegated back to the EFL. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 06:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Leicester was an amazing story in all of sports. In 2008-2009, they were in the 3rd tier league known as League 1. Then by end of 2013-14 season they won the EFL (the 2nd tier league) to move up to the Premier League (1st tier). 

In the 2014-15 season they were close to being relegated back to the EFL, but went on a tear at the end of year to finish in 14th in the PL. Then the 2015-2016 season they won it all, and secured a spot in the Champions League, the biggest Euro non-international tourney. They would make it to the quarter finals to lose to Atletico Madrid not to long ago.

A footnote to all this, Euro football clubs can be ruthless with their managers (head coaches). Their hc that lead them the last two years in the PL to win it all, was fired a few months ago because they were close to being relegated back to the EFL. 
I never knew they were in the third tier ( I knew about the 2nd tier) that just makes the story even more improbable. What's even cooler is that they did well in champions league this year.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:31 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: None of you will care, but as a lifelong fan I feel this is my duty to spread the word.

I do. Huddersfield for the win!

Didn't know where Hafele went, remember him from Dynamo Dresden times. Limited ability, but a fighter with a big heart. He really a cult hero?
Reply/Quote
Congratulations.. where I live Tim Tebow plays for the Columbia Fireflies.. Mets A ball affiliate..
I'm not that proud.. I didn't even know he played here till I read that the Mets organization is considering promoting him to AA with a. 250 batting average. 
That's the news from Lake Briarcliffe where all the women are old so are the men and the kids live with their parents in another part of town. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Unreal!!!
On Wednesday night we beat Sheffield Wednesday away at Hillsborough on penalties to book our place at Wembley for the championship play off final!

The Championship play off final is known as the "richest game in football"....this final is worth £200million to the winner.

To put that in perspective, the annual turnover at Huddersfield is usually around £12m...£200m secures the clubs financial future in a big big way.

What a night it was. Hillsborough sold out, 33000 Wed fans and 2000 Town fans packed in to the famous old ground. They took the lead but we levelled late on. Went to penalties where our German lads came into their own :)

29th May, Reading vs Huddersfield Town - should be well worth a watch. I'll be there in my blue and white.

Ooohhhh when the Tooooowwwn

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:44 AM)hollodero Wrote: I do. Huddersfield for the win!

Didn't know where Hafele went, remember him from Dynamo Dresden times. Limited ability, but a fighter with a big heart. He really a cult hero?

The Hef is becoming a brilliant player. Heroic performance at Hillsborough on wednesday.

Cult hero? The Town fans adore him!!!

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/9GewKHuL784

The penalty shoot out and celebrations - hope it works

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 09:44 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: https://youtu.be/9GewKHuL784

The penalty shoot out and celebrations - hope it works

It did, thanks! So the final game is next Monday, is that right? At 3pm your time (or 10:00am e.s.t for me)? 

Hopefully I can watch it, but it is a big holiday over here, Memorial Day. It kicks off summer and will be doing a cookout & all that sort of stuff. If not good luck to your team, I'll be rootin for em.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 08:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It did, thanks! So the final game is next Monday, is that right? At 3pm your time (or 10:00am e.s.t for me)? 

Hopefully I can watch it, but it is a big holiday over here, Memorial Day. It kicks off summer and will be doing a cookout & all that sort of stuff. If not good luck to your team, I'll be rootin for em.
Aye 3pm kick off GMT time!!
Can't wait - our coach leaves at 6:45AM - Hopefully in London by 11AMish. Plenty of ale to be supped, ought to be a cracking day out, 39,000 Town fans descending on London, surreal for a Town with a population of 146,000!

Thanks mate, UP THE TOWN

Reply/Quote
Tomorrow is the big day

Reply/Quote
Your team did it, congrats! I watched most of it via crappy streams, but that was some intense moments in the pk shootout. Will now see your team playing on our Premier League channels over here in a few months.

Reply/Quote
Congrats on securing promotion! I look forward to watching your boys in the EPL next season.
Reply/Quote
Nothing feels real anymore.

2003. League 2, administration, started pre-season with EIGHT professional players. This was my first season.

2017. Championship Play Off Final winners! PREMIER LEAGUE BOUND! Bright German head coach, the best players i've ever seen at my club. 40,000 Town fans descending on Wembley. Grown men in tears. This has been an incredible year that I don't want to end.

Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nim6OmIdZAI
Penalty shoot out in full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcBUn34nhIM
Scenes after the final penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90f9XvKzqxg
Trophy lift

Reply/Quote
Capt. Jean Luc Picard supports Huddersfield Town? Between him and another Bengals fan rooting for them....I will support them whenever they are not playing Arsenal.
Reply/Quote