Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the fines given, and not given, in Steelers' win over Bengals
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/15/all-the-fines-given-and-not-given-in-steelers-win-over-bengals/

Quote:The NFL issued fines on six players between the Bengals and Steelers — three on each side — for their parts in a variety of infractions in the AFC wild card playoff game last weekend.

And Vontaze Burfict wasn’t fined for his actions, which, along with previous behavior, got him suspended for three games in 2016.

The Steelers won the game and were the lesser fined of the two teams. Guard Ramon Foster ($17,363), and assistant coaches Mike Munchak ($10,000) and Joey Porter ($10,000) were assessed. The Bengals saw Adam Jones ($28,940), Domata Peko ($8,681) and Wallace Gilberry ($8,681) lost pay for the Bengals.

Bengals
Adam Jones — 28,940 for making contact with an official
Domata Peko — $8,681 for unnecessary roughness
Wallace Gilberry — $8,681 for unnecessary roughness
Vontaze Burfict — No fine (suspension is unpaid)
Total: $46,302

Steelers
Mike Munchak — $10,000 for actions on sideline
Joey Porter — $10,000 for actions on field
Ramon Foster — $17,363 for unnecessary roughness
Total: $37,363

That’s $83,665 in one game, along with Burfict’s three-game suspension. It’s roughly $231,000 fined between the two teams in their last two games played, something that has to draw the attention of the league.

Gilberry bumped into Porter from behind, sparking what ended up being the biggest moment of the season for both teams. After Gilberry bumped Porter, he was surrounded by multiple Bengals players. Based on video replay, it didn’t appear Porter said anything, but eventually, Jones reached through a teammate to make contact with Porter. He bumped an official in doing so, who responded by throwing a penalty flag.

That 15-yard penalty set up Chris Boswell’s game-winning 35-yard field goal.

Linebacker Ryan Shazier struck Bengals running back Giovani Bernard with a helmet-to-helmet hit that appeared to render Bernard unconscious. Shazier recovered a fumble on the play, one of two fumbles forced by Shazier in the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I still haven't seen or heard what Foster did to warrant a flag let alone a fine...but I guess it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I still haven't seen or heard what Foster did to warrant a flag let alone a fine...but I guess it is what it is.

Wasnt he the guy attacking burfict on the ground?

Also Hills knee was down.... gotta find out how much the steelers pay the refs so we can at least match.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wasnt he the guy attacking burfict on the ground?

Also  Hills knee was down....    gotta find out how much the steelers pay the refs so we can at least match.

That was DeCastro.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also Hills knee was down.... gotta find out how much the steelers pay the refs so we can at least match.

Not enough evidence to overturn on the replay. Ball could have been loose before his knee hit the ground, or after, too many bodies in the way to be certain and so the play stands.

So neener neener.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I still haven't seen or heard what Foster did to warrant a flag let alone a fine...but I guess it is what it is.

He kicked Burfict in the ankle after Burfict kicked him in the ankle.
Reply/Quote
Is Gilberry's fine related to bumping into porter or something else?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm satisfied. It was about what I expected, except I didn't see the Foster thing.

The Steelers coaches had their wrists slapped. That is good enough for me.

The Vontazebufict boogieman has been spanked. The rest of the football world is happy... at least for three games.

Adam Jones had an appropriate fine... not for what he did on the field that night, but for all the stupidazz comments he twitted afterwards about Brown. Rational people are happy.

Watch out. The NFL might start looking at these rivalry games as real moneymakers!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
So when burfict's suspension is reduced to a fine or just 1 game how upset will people get?

It should only be a fine.

I hope this offseason they sort out the hitting thing. Only hits leading with the head should be called. And all these should be reviewable.

Also found it interesting that blandino said the Bryant catch wasn't a catch.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when burfict's suspension is reduced to a fine or just 1 game how upset will people get?  

I hope this offseason they sort out the hitting thing.   Only hits leading with the head should be called.   And all these should be reviewable.  

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought he was in New York to help the replay officials during the playoffs. If so, where the hell was he on that one???
Reply/Quote
I read the explanation, and read the rule, and I still don't get why Shazier's hit was not a penalty nor fined. Oh well. Would love to hear an explanation as to why the Shawn Williams hit was a foul. It is what it is, I think that all parties need to put it behind them and stop this kind of embarrassment from happening again.

I also fully expect these "hit to the head" plays to become reviewable in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I also fully expect these "hit to the head" plays to become reviewable in the future.
It's Goodell and the NFL, so don't get your hopes up.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He kicked Burfict in the ankle after Burfict kicked him in the ankle.

This?

Ridiculous.

(01-15-2016, 07:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Is Gilberry's fine related to bumping into porter or something else?

Bumping porter.

(01-15-2016, 07:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when burfict's suspension is reduced to a fine or just 1 game how upset will people get?  

I hope this offseason they sort out the hitting thing.   Only hits leading with the head should be called.   And all these should be reviewable.  

It may be reduced.  My guess is two games.  He's a repeat offender not just of hit during play but also of stuff AFTER the play.  That's why it wasn't just a fine.

Could you link where Blandino said it wasn't a catch?  I've checked his twitter feed and haven't seen the officiating video yet.

(01-15-2016, 08:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought he was in New York to help the replay officials during the playoffs. If so, where the hell was he on that one???

He was there.  That's why I curious that Lucy saw this and no one else has.

(01-15-2016, 08:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I read the explanation, and read the rule, and I still don't get why Shazier's hit was not a penalty nor fined. Oh well. Would love to hear an explanation as to why the Shawn Williams hit was a foul. It is what it is, I think that all parties need to put it behind them and stop this kind of embarrassment from happening again.

I also fully expect these "hit to the head" plays to become reviewable in the future.

The only explanation I heard that makes any sense was that Shazier didn't leave his feet.  That's all I got.

I wish they were reviewed.  A lot of bang-bang get called that are not.

EDIT:

Found another thread about Blandino.  He didn't say it "wasn't a catch".

He said it may have not been a catch but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

I quoted the article in the other thread here.
Reply/Quote
Since dingleberry was fined for bumping porter, he should have been flagged as well. Those two would have offset.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:12 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Since dingleberry was fined for bumping porter, he should have been flagged as well. Those two would have offset.

This plays into what I have said all along. During that fiasco, the refs were too lenient on everyone in that area. They gave them a lot of rope for some reason and then Jones just crossed the line that shall never be crossed.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This plays into what I have said all along. During that fiasco, the refs were too lenient on everyone in that area. They gave them a lot of rope for some reason and then Jones just crossed the line that shall never be crossed.

Yeah, regardless of everything, Jones' action was the outlier that stuck out.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: This?

Ridiculous.
I didn't say it made sense.  But yeah, I concur.  Foster was the only one who got flagged and the original replay only showed Foster's reactions.
Reply/Quote