Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am standing up and saying it
(12-15-2015, 07:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: I want the Bengals to play the steelers in the first round of the playoffs. We already get shit for losing in the first round and losing to the steelers during the season. I want the steelers so the Bengals can get the monkey off their back in the best way possible....by having the steelers be the first team that the Bengals beat in the playoffs since 1990.

If we lose, we will be right back where we already are. But when we win, the victory will even be sweeter. A playoff win, against a division rival, in a season of bad blood. And on top of that, the pain and butthurt it would bring to steelers fans. Their worst nightmare would be clawing their way into the playoffs (backing in really since it will take a jets loss to the patriots), only to lose to the Bengals.

And yes, I will be here either way if it happens.
 If that's what you really want, then let me give you this piece of good news:

The Jets do not have to lose for the Steelers to get in. All it would take is for the Steelers to win out: they control their own destiny. 

Here's why: the tiebreaker that currently gives the Jets the edge is winning percentage against AFC teams. But while the Jets only have two AFC games left, the Steelers have three.  If both teams win out, the Jets lose that edge because their AFC records would then be identical, and we would move to the next tiebreaker - record against common opponents.  The Steelers currently have the edge in that one already, and that wont change as long as they win out.  So even though it looks like the Steelers are behind right now, they are still in the driver's seat.

Isn't that good news? ThumbsUp 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: All it would take is for the Steelers to win out

It would be a shame if they choked.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:06 AM)Beaker Wrote: It would be a shame if they choked.

Meh, the Jets have to beat the Pats to win out ....  You'll get your wish.  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:09 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Meh, the Jets have to beat the Pats to win out ....  You'll get your wish.  

Assuming the steelers dont run out of steam before then.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: Assuming the steelers dont run out of steam before then.

I'm getting the impression you don't want to see the Steelers again as much as you claimed ... 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:11 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm getting the impression you don't want to see the Steelers again as much as you claimed ... 

It wouldn't bother me in the least if the Bengals met the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.

There isn't a thing about that team that scares me.

2005 and 2008 are long gone. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wouldn't bother me in the least if the Bengals met the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.

Was I talking to you?  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Was I talking to you?  

Since you're a smelly pirate hooker, i took pity on you and answered, since you're usually ignored. 

Asshole.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Since you're a smelly pirate hooker, i took pity on you and answered, since you're usually ignored. 

Asshole.  Cool
Boy - that escalated quickly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 07:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: I want the Bengals to play the steelers in the first round of the playoffs. We already get shit for losing in the first round and losing to the steelers during the season. I want the steelers so the Bengals can get the monkey off their back in the best way possible....by having the steelers be the first team that the Bengals beat in the playoffs since 1990.

If we lose, we will be right back where we already are. But when we win, the victory will even be sweeter. A playoff win, against a division rival, in a season of bad blood. And on top of that, the pain and butthurt it would bring to steelers fans. Their worst nightmare would be clawing their way into the playoffs (backing in really since it will take a jets loss to the patriots), only to lose to the Bengals.

And yes, I will be here either way if it happens.

I am with you and I know you and I will be here either way win or lose. But to assume guys like the sociopath Steeler fan shows up is a major reach as he disappeared this year when the Steeler chit themselves early. Our regulars will show, but him and others will not be seen until after the draft.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am with you and I know you and I will be here either way win or lose. But to assume guys like the sociopath Steeler fan shows up is a major reach as he disappeared this year when the Steeler chit themselves early. Our regulars will show, but him and others will not be seen until after the draft.

I'll give you credit - you do show up after a disappointing end to the Bengals season.  Good thing you're used to it.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hmmm.

"I am standing up and saying it"  tells me that Beaker fears the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am with you and I know you and I will be here either way win or lose. But to assume guys like the sociopath Steeler fan shows up is a major reach as he disappeared this year when the Steeler chit themselves early. Our regulars will show, but him and others will not be seen until after the draft.

Speaking of...I wonder where EA Poe is?  Smirk
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 08:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you want your Super Bowl in the first round of the playoffs?

Ninja

thats silly 2 AFC teams cant play in a superbowl together....

Poor steelers fans know so little
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'll give you credit - you do show up after a disappointing end to the Bengals season.  Good thing you're used to it.  ThumbsUp

Steelers were Tebowed and either don't make it or lose once they get to the playoffs recently

Steelers fans should be getting used to it as well. Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wouldn't bother me in the least if the Bengals met the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.

Well, I'm  scared of the Steelers if we were to meet in the playoffs. Considering they can't seem to win without resorting to injuring our best players and dirty tactics, I'm afraid of the kinds of shit they'll try to pull in their attempt to beat the clearly superior team. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm  scared of the Steelers if we were to meet in the playoffs. Considering they can't seem to win without resorting to injuring our best players and dirty tactics, I'm afraid of the kinds of shit they'll try to pull in their attempt to beat the clearly superior team. Mellow

A clearly superior team should be able to overcome those "dirty tactics" .
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm  scared of the Steelers if we were to meet in the playoffs. Considering they can't seem to win without resorting to injuring our best players and dirty tactics, I'm afraid of the kinds of shit they'll try to pull in their attempt to beat the clearly superior team. Mellow

Nah. They can only play a game where the Bengals starting QB is knocked out, every 10 years. It's all good now. 

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:11 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm getting the impression you don't want to see the Steelers again as much as you claimed ... 

I'm getting the impression the steelers may not be good enough to fulfill my dream.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:09 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm getting the impression the steelers may not be good enough to fulfill my dream.

Well, fortunately for all of us, your intuition is apparently terrible. 
Reply/Quote