Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am standing up and saying it
(12-15-2015, 07:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: I want the Bengals to play the steelers in the first round of the playoffs. We already get shit for losing in the first round and losing to the steelers during the season. I want the steelers so the Bengals can get the monkey off their back in the best way possible....by having the steelers be the first team that the Bengals beat in the playoffs since 1990.

If we lose, we will be right back where we already are. But when we win, the victory will even be sweeter. A playoff win, against a division rival, in a season of bad blood. And on top of that, the pain and butthurt it would bring to steelers fans. Their worst nightmare would be clawing their way into the playoffs (backing in really since it will take a jets loss to the patriots), only to lose to the Bengals.

And yes, I will be here either way if it happens.

Ahhh...Good time, good times.   Tongue
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:59 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Ahhh...Good time, good times.   Tongue

I have decided in the future I do not want the Bengals to face the steelers in the playoffs...or any other AFCN foe. I think that playing division foes in the playoffs is now a losing proposition. This is because they beat the crap out of each other. And which ever team wins has their bility to move on severely compromised by injuries. The steelers are going to be without brown. And even if ben plays, he won't be anywhere near 100%. If the Bengals had moved on, the would be without Gio, Reggie Nelson, and Kirkpatrick. I think playing division foes limits the ability of whoever wins to go very much further in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: I have decided in the future I do not want the Bengals to face the steelers in the playoffs...or any other AFCN foe. I think that playing division foes in the playoffs is now a losing proposition. This is because they beat the crap out of each other. And which ever team wins has their bility to move on severely compromised by injuries. The steelers are going to be without brown. And even if ben plays, he won't be anywhere near 100%. If the Bengals had moved on, the would be without Gio, Reggie Nelson, and Kirkpatrick. I think playing division foes limits the ability of whoever wins to go very much further in the playoffs.

2016 and the 2 games will be worse due to the NFL not apologizing to the Bengals fans for Porter on the field and the lack of a penalty essentially giving them the win. The anger will only get worse leading up to these 2 contests and the defense of Gio, Huber, Eifert, AB, Bell and Ben will be top of mind. I stated it before the game, the winner will not win due to the major injuries suffered by both teams. And what happens, 5 or 6 key guys were hurt just as I said would happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 2016 and the 2 games will be worse due to the NFL not apologizing to the Bengals fans for Porter on the field and the lack of a penalty essentially giving them the win. The anger will only get worse leading up to these 2 contests and the defense of Gio, Huber, Eifert, AB, Bell and Ben will be top of mind. I stated it before the game, the winner will not win due to the major injuries suffered by both teams. And what happens, 5 or 6 key guys were hurt just as I said would happen.

Blaming the league when Hill fumbled and two retards no one else wanted on their team lived up to their reputation? This sort of loser mentality is why the bengals are literally incapable of winning a playoff game.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Blaming the league when Hill fumbled and two retards no one else wanted on their team lived up to their reputation? This sort of loser mentality is why the bengals are literally incapable of winning a playoff game.

Actually, I suspect people predicting "doom and gloom" when the teams meet next year are going to be disappointed on the field. I think the franchise got a very public spanking from the league and, as a result, they will be a more disciplined team next year. Regardless of whether Jones or Burfict will still be on the team or not.

If the team is not more disciplined, it will be an exceedingly long season indeed.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, I suspect people predicting "doom and gloom" when the teams meet next year are going to be disappointed on the field. I think the franchise got a very public spanking from the league and, as a result, they will be a more disciplined team next year. Regardless of whether Jones or Burfict will still be on the team or not.

If the team is not more disciplined, it will be an exceedingly long season indeed.

The Steelers and Ravens went back and forth like this for 5 years, including some playoff match-ups. The games were always close and no player ever put winning behind doing something stupid. Burfict isn't smart enough to change, but the bengals as a team aren't going to want to give another game away like this again.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Steelers and Ravens went back and forth like this for 5 years, including some playoff match-ups. The games were always close and no player ever put winning behind doing something stupid. Burfict isn't smart enough to change, but the bengals as a team aren't going to want to give another game away like this again.

The Brown hit was just the tip of the iceberg for Burfict. Apparently, teams have been sending clips to the league for awhile now. The deciding point was his vicious hit on the BAL TE during their last game. I think the refs were warned to watch him closely and not hesitate. He seemed to play nice for most of the game, but he couldn't resist that one hit. The more I read and think about it, the more I think he is getting what he deserves with the suspension. I can alaso appreciate the arguments of those how think he doesn't deserve a second chance.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Blaming the league when Hill fumbled and two ******s no one else wanted on their team lived up to their reputation? This sort of loser mentality is why the bengals are literally incapable of winning a playoff game.

The first highlighted part is what is required to believe the second highlighted part.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:04 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Brown hit was just the tip of the iceberg for Burfict. Apparently, teams have been sending clips to the league for awhile now. The deciding point was his vicious hit on the BAL TE during their last game. I think the refs were warned to watch him closely and not hesitate. He seemed to play nice for most of the game, but he couldn't resist that one hit. The more I read and think about it, the more I think he is getting what he deserves with the suspension. I can alaso appreciate the arguments of those how think he doesn't deserve a second chance.

He definitely deserved the suspension and he deserves to play again. If he's smart enough to learn from it, is the question. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:04 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Brown hit was just the tip of the iceberg for Burfict. Apparently, teams have been sending clips to the league for awhile now. The deciding point was his vicious hit on the BAL TE during their last game. I think the refs were warned to watch him closely and not hesitate. He seemed to play nice for most of the game, but he couldn't resist that one hit. The more I read and think about it, the more I think he is getting what he deserves with the suspension. I can alaso appreciate the arguments of those how think he doesn't deserve a second chance.

His actions got the whole team suspended for the divisional round. LOL

Burfict's second chance was after he got unbenched in college despite not changing what got him benched in the first place. His 3rd chance was getting an opportunity in the NFL, but he blew that at the combined. his 4th chance was going undrafted because he's an idiot, but still getting signed to a camp. He's clearly been ignored his bengal coaches the past 4 years, so he's lucky the organization put up with his bad for his good. This suspension is just another chance and I think it's long overdue. He probably should have got a 1 game suspension for the the ankle twisting last year. Fining an NFL player is basically useless as a punishment, but most players use it as a wake up call to make adjustments. Clearly not the case with burfict.
Reply/Quote