Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I assume this will change as the year progresses but...
Reds as a team are hitting .170.

Billy Hamilton is hitting .286 for the Royals.

Our four outfields (Puig, Kemp, Winker, Schebler) are hitting a combined .105 (11 for 105)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reds as a team are hitting .170.

Our four outfields (Puig, Kemp, Winker, Schebler) are hitting a combined .105 (11 for 105)

Pitching flips over, offense dies. Such is life as we know it as a Reds fan.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It won't last forever even if it sometimes feels like it will. The Reds will eventually make a comeback. Have some faith. These things move in glacial time, not in technological time.. Even if the team stays in last place a few more years it still won't last forever.
You can always become a fair weather fan and only care when they're winning or jump ship for a team that's hot. It's REAL Reds fans who stick around come hell or high water, win, lose or draw..  The choice is entirely up to you.. I have a good friend in Illinois who has been a Cubs fan his entire life, but he never gave up on them. The last time we talked was right before they started winning and he never mentioned ever wanting to quit on the lowly Cubs..  He finally got his just reward for sticking with them his entire life. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reds as a team are hitting .170.

Here’s another early crazy stat... Jay Bruce has 4 more home runs and 5 more RBI than all 4 of our Outfielders together in his 38 AB’s.
Reply/Quote
The same kind of thing happened with Scooter and Milwaukee. He was below average until the Reds nabbed him..
The player that really stuck out like a thumb on fire was Paul O'Neil when he went to NY..That was a real heart breaker to see him become the best hitter in all of baseball in NY of all places..
One of the great mysteries of sports is why certain players can switch teams and become super stars out of the blue or go to heck in a hand basket .

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not to sound overly optimistic, but who's ready for the Reds to go on a tear and hit a 50 game winning streak and knock the rest of the division completely out of contention the rest of the season? 
In no way do I think it'll happen, but by golly I'm fully prepared just in case.. ThumbsUp  Don't forget your scout motto of always be prepared..

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 11:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Here’s another early crazy stat... Jay Bruce has 4 more home runs and 5 more RBI than all 4 of our Outfielders together in his 38 AB’s.

Here's a crazier stat: there's 9 pitchers that have a higher WRC than all of our outfielders.  Sick
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
And the bats come alive. Reds currently up 11-0 in the 6th after hitting back to back to back homers(Kemp,Suarez,Schebler).
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And the bats come alive. Reds currently up 11-0 in the 6th after hitting back to back to back homers(Kemp,Suarez,Schebler).

14-0 now
Reply/Quote
First game I missed watching all season and guess what? I guess it's trying to tell me something..  Sad

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 10:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: First game I missed watching all season and guess what? I guess it's trying to tell me something..  Sad

go fishing... Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote