Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe...
(01-17-2021, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It'll flat screw you up. I remember the 1st time I used it against a guy that was resisting arrest. Dropped him like a rock, which was what it was supposed to do, but I was surprised that 20 minutes later at the jail he was still wobbly and falling over. If you watch the clip of Mahommes, the defender's arm delivers it perfectly, albeit probably unitentionally.

When we first saw it "live" we thought it was an odd end to a play. When we saw the replay we felt it looked like it was on purpose. We had no idea that you could do that to a person until I read your response.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I believe these 2 HOF QBs i'm watching suck
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe these 2 HOF QBs i'm watching suck

Thinking the same thing.
What a difference between Green Bay Aaron Rodgers and these 2.
Passes are just not as crisp. Like watching an Alumni game. 
Age does has it effects.

No way Drew Brees plays another year.
Reply/Quote
Put Jameis in...

Reply/Quote
I BELIEVE there is a bourbon-NOT whiskey- that is so good that I won’t want to buy another brand ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:48 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I BELIEVE there is a bourbon-NOT whiskey- that is so good that I won’t want to buy another brand ever.

Noah's Mill....
Reply/Quote
Pappy Van Winkle

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 06:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky.

Man I gotta piss...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Noah's Mill....
I’ve never heard of them.
(01-18-2021, 12:06 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Pappy Van Winkle

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hear good things about them. What should I look for?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 05:32 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I believe the salary cap makes rooting for the Bengals easier than rooting for the Reds.
I believe our Offensive line has been so bad for so long that we think the only way to fix it is with HOF type players.
I believe a good Offensive line coach is more important than Peneii Sewell.
I believe if we can get either Thuney, Williams or Moton we can then wait and get
an above average Tackle/Guard later in the draft if Sewell is not there.
I believe the QB position is the hardest position to find a franchise type player and we possess that in Joe Burrow.
I believe LB and DB players are much better if you have a defensive line that can pressure a QB with just 4 guys.
I believe an Avg WR is an above average WR if you have an above average Offensive line.
I believe you are better with an above average Off Lineman and a great WR than an above average WR and a great Off Lineman.
I believe the Packers showed us that a great Offensive team beats a great Defensive team.
I believe if we have a solid draft and stay relatively healthy that the Bengals will make some noise next year.
I believe I will fill out a 1000 PFF Mock simulations before the NFL draft gets here.

What do you believe?

I believe you're right.
I believe you're right again.
I believe we're probably not gonna get Sewell, and if we did, he'd miss next year with a preseason injury.
I believe you're right once again. (You're on a roll.)
I believe that Joe Burrow is badass, but I'm also sorta torn that we didn't draft Chase Young, and get the number 1 pick again this year... I'm good with Burrow though.
Once again... You're right about LBs and DBs.
I believe average WRs are average WRs.
I believe I don't even know who the Packers played this week.
I believe the only noise the Bengals will make this year is the sound of opposing fans cheering in our empty stadium... Should've cleaned house.
I believe you enjoy the draft more than I do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 09:30 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I hear Uranus is up for grabs.

That's what HE said...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 12:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve never heard of them.

PVW is rare and VERY expensive...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I believe this thread needs to go on lockdown right about now. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 05:32 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I believe the salary cap makes rooting for the Bengals easier than rooting for the Reds.
I believe our Offensive line has been so bad for so long that we think the only way to fix it is with HOF type players.  
I believe a good Offensive line coach is more important than Peneii Sewell.
I believe if we can get either Thuney, Williams or Moton we can then wait and get
 an above average Tackle/Guard later in the draft if Sewell is not there.
I believe the QB position is the hardest position to find a franchise type player and we possess that in Joe Burrow.
I believe LB and DB players are much better if you have a defensive line that can pressure a QB with just 4 guys.
I believe an Avg WR is an above average WR if you have an above average Offensive line.
I believe you are better with an above average Off Lineman and a great WR than an above average WR and a great Off Lineman.
I believe the Packers showed us that a great Offensive team beats a great Defensive team.
I believe if we have a solid draft and stay relatively healthy that the Bengals will make some noise next year.
I believe I will fill out a 1000 PFF Mock simulations before the NFL draft gets here.

What do you believe?

I believe in virtually everything you said here.  That doesn't make it right, but it means we see things from the same viewpoint.  The highlighted statement, though, I wanted to add a response.  While I agree with the statement, I think the biggest thing this offense needs OTHER THAN BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE TALENT/PLAY is an Alpha-dog WR.  I had visions of John Ross becoming that player, and was dead wrong.  When Chad and AJ were in their prime (you can go back further, too, with guys like Isaac Curtis) it make so much work in the offense.  

To be clear, I am not saying I take Chase over Sewell, but if someone wants to offer a ton to move up a couple spots and I can get Chase and additional picks then I am absolutely listening.  Ditto if Sewell is gone.  I have no problem taking Chase at #5 whatsoever.  As a matter of fact, if I could choose how the draft plays out, I end up with Chase and not Sewell.  

Everything else you said hits the mark for me.  It is really easy to just fall back to "they suck" when scoring a total of 6 points in two games against the Ravens.  I see pieces in place and I had no idea AJ Green would fall back to what he was this year.  I also listened to the coaches and believed they could develop the middle of the offensive line based on 2nd half run of solid play in 2019.  That, like my hopes for Ross, was also dead wrong....although I think it would have been a lot different if they had XSF the entire season instead of the revolving door at RG. Not to say they would have been competent, but a different degree of below average.  

If (and they damn well better) they come in next year with improvements on the offensive line and add a weapon like Chase, I could see Burrow taking them to 10 wins.  That's saying something given the degree of difficulty of the AFC North.  That is all based on the improvements on offense.

The defense is a whole other matter.

Your "belief" of the LB and DB being being better in the defensive line can provide pressure with the front four is probably a universal belief.  So, what do we do?  I look at WJIII and say: "Can't let him go", but why does it make sense to pay DBs so much to cover for so long when ALL of them (and the LBs you mentioned) improve with an improved pass rush.  And when we talk about improved pass rush, I am not talking about a FA that padded stats late in games against a Jacksonville team that had to throw and has a horrible line.  We need a difference maker.  We need an "alpha" on defense.  

One common misconception is that player needs to be an outside edge rusher.  While that is a piece of the puzzle, I feel pretty good with Lawson, Hubbard, and Kareem (although I would LOVE Chris Rumph in rd 3-4 as a speed guy that can line up anywhere), and Reader returning will be a huge addition.  But I really want to see a guy like Barmore.  That dude took over that National Championship game against the Buckeyes.  Him next to Reader?  Yes, please.  I could see him actually dropping a few pounds and having better speed and conditioning (I'm sure he will for the combine).  If the Bengals slide a bit in Rd 1 and can still get Chase and Barmore?  Hoping Barmore goes in Rd 2 is probably a pipe dream now after that game, but I could see gaining an additional 2nd  rounder and then packaging it with our 3rd to move back in to Rd 1 to get Barmore.

Those few pieces:  Chase, Barmore, and an OT like Spencer Brown to play RT would go a LONG way (with the returning players) to making this team competitive.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 07:18 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I believe the Buffalo Bills are hoping Mahomes is out for next weeks game.

Not the NFL.  Jesus, could the officiating be much worse?  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It'll flat screw you up. I remember the 1st time I used it against a guy that was resisting arrest. Dropped him like a rock, which was what it was supposed to do, but I was surprised that 20 minutes later at the jail he was still wobbly and falling over. If you watch the clip of Mahommes, the defender's arm delivers it perfectly, albeit probably unitentionally.

steelers have been teaching and administrating this move for decades.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe these 2 HOF QBs i'm watching suck

Damn, that game was torture.  I am sure Green Bay (and the NFL that wants their GDMF State Farm Super Bowl) isn't worried at all.  That was a sad ending for Brees.  Had Winston throw the one long pass for a TD.  His arm is just shot.  Great guy, amazing career.  He is the classic average size guy that just worked his ass off and was a hell of a QB.  

The key word being was....he and Brady are done.  Handing off on 1st and 2nd down and throwing a 5 yard out on 3rd and 4 won't work the next game, nor would it have worked against the Bills or Browns, had they advanced.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:48 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I BELIEVE there is a bourbon-NOT whiskey- that is so good that I won’t want to buy another brand ever.

Which is it? 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 12:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve never heard of them.

You're not going to find PVW, and if you do it'll cost you thousands. It's very good, but very overhyped. 
Reply/Quote