Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe and so do players
Gase had 10 wins in his first year at HC. At his current pace, ZT won't have a total of 10 wins after three. Pay me millions of dollars and I'll "believe" in this "staff" too. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: So then back to my question:  what has Zac shown in terms of progress that gives one hope for next season?  

Absolutely nothing.

And I would be willing to give him more rope if he had a track record of success in the past, but he doesn't.  There is really no success anywhere on his resume going all the way back to when he coached in college.
Reply/Quote
I don't care about Joe and Boyd liking Taylor... or ME for that matter.

What I DO care about are winning results.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Even if Taylor were to pull off an 8-8 record next season, he would still have a dismal record as head coach here. Mike Brown would see this as improvement and most likely hand Taylor an extension though. I'm not eating any crow unless Taylor and crew can deliver a record like 12-4 or better and get us into the playoffs NEXT YEAR. Since he's being brought back, against most fans wishes I might add, anything less in my eyes will be deemed as a failure. Again what I and most of you think and what the front office does, year in and year out, are two different things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:34 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: So many outsiders and fans wanting to change and fire everyone.  

Says alot that Burrow and Boyd, two of our best players don't want a new coach and believe in zac. We need consistency and when you fire coaches too early (see Cleveland) it's hard and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I'm alone here but I also agree with Mike browns message and like what we are building.  We need to get healthy and add more free agents which it sounds like they are going to do and will be fine.  

Not sure if Lou is gone or not,  I see he is taking alot of heat from fans. Is he a good DC? I don't know.  I do know he did well with what he had to work with,  we had 3rd stringers, practice squad guys out there on D vs the ravens no matter what your not stopping Lamar with those players.  We had maybe 3 good players on D in our last game,  not enough to stop the ravens. When M. Hunt is looking like one of our best players its not a good sign.  

Even in the Texans game, we gave up alot of rushing but you got to give up something in order to not let Watson beat you,  especially with our banged up defense, I think we did ok.

Zac has been calling good games as of late, team sucked as a whole Sunday though.  But he was getting all the praise the last few weeks now a bad loss fans turn again.  But I was expecting this response from fans would happen if we got whooped Sunday,  we fans are emotional.  As a Sacramento Kings fan we started off 3-0 everyone was hyped about the coach players and thinking we're a playoff team now we lose a few games.... the coach should be fired,  trade everyone etc its just funny really lol

To anyone still bringing up gase record vs Taylor.  Both are different.  Not sure if the jets had as many injuries but gase has been a head coach before he's expected to do better right out the gate.  Taylor wasn't,  if he did cool even better but he's a first time HC and they were already prepared to give him some leash, even more so with all the injuries.  

Looking forward to free agency and the draft.  Who dey!

I have also supported bring Zac back for 3rd year and have referenced the vocal support by players.  I do think if you read Mike's message he needs to see an improvement in wins or Zac will be facing being fired after 3rd year
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Even if Taylor were to pull off an 8-8 record next season, he would still have a dismal record as head coach here. Mike Brown would see this as improvement and most likely hand Taylor an extension though. I'm not eating any crow unless Taylor and crew can deliver a record like 12-4 or better and get us into the playoffs NEXT YEAR. Since he's being brought back, against most fans wishes I might add, anything less in my eyes will be deemed as a failure. Again what I and most of you think and what the front office does, year in and year out, are two different things.

8-8 in our division would actually be a  good year with our young roster and rebuild especially if Burrow is limited at start of year. Also there are many fans that support bring Zac back and would see 8 wins next year as a major step forward.. As good as the Ravens are.. they did not even get to 12-4.. you are just setting up failure at a bar that over 80 percent of teams don;t even reach in a year
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 8-8 in our division would actually be a  good year with our young roster and rebuild especially if Burrow is limited at start of year.  Also there are many fans that support bring Zac back and would see 8 wins next year as a major step forward..

It's already starting. Sick

Year 3 already has built in excuses. (like almost every year with some people).
Reply/Quote
Just because Burrow has an incredible ceiling ahead of him doesn't mean Taylor will be a good coach just because he believes in him.

Now if a Brady or Rodgers who has been around a long time in the league with lots of success saying it, ok I'll listen.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's already starting. Sick

Year 3 already has built in excuses. (like almost every year with some people).

And so has people that are only see from one end of the lense..
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:42 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Pleeeeeeaaaaase stop saying that Boyd and Burrow and any other player who says publicly they believe/support their coach means the players are all-in on Zac or would be upset if the HC was replaced.  Please.  You cannot read into those comments.  Some guys want to stir the pot enough to get dropped or traded like Los did.  But most of them will say the right thing, because, well, it's the right thing.  And maybe they do also support Zac 100%.  But we don't know that, and I'm getting tired of hearing how our guys love Zac so much so we should too.  

You know what I bet Boyd and Burrow like even more than Zac?  Winning.  Winning enough to go the playoffs.  Winning in the playoffs.  Playing a Superbowl.  Winning a Lombardi trophy.  

You know what I expected from Zac?  Not a 5 year learning curve and slow progression where no one knew his ceiling.  Coming off a tired 6-win performance from Merv, I expected Zac to take the team with some energy and knock out 7 or 8 wins the first year and be in the playoff picture this year.  Injuries aren't an excuse.  Losing one-score games isn't an excuse.  

And, the points still remain that Zac doesn't do anything to change and try to improve.  If he'd started out and realized he was in over his head and needed to hand off play calling duties, I'd say he learned something and grew.  If his assistants were keeping the team up and he replaced them I'd say he was striving for excellence.  But the guy hasn't done crap in 2 full years.  It's just the same thing over and over.  I'm not sure where anyone can point to his effort over 32 games and show where the improvement has been.  Learning curve?  There is no curve. It's a learning flat.  Which means there's no learning.  Which means there's no improvement.  

2 things:

Where did the OP say you should love Zac?

You're getting tired of the positive posts about Zac...........really?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have trouble believing in things I have no evidence for, personally. But I know a lot of people aren't like that, so I respect the OP's opinion in this regard.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 things:

I also find it interesting that so many posts were on a "dysfunctional locker room" and some people were all over supporting that etc but then you mention support by players and they just throw it out the window.. hmmm 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 8-8 in our division would actually be a  good year with our young roster and rebuild especially if Burrow is limited at start of year.  Also there are many fans that support bring Zac back and would see 8 wins next year as a major step forward..

You sir have been conditioned. 8-8 in a head coaches third year is NOT a major step forward. PERIOD! 8-8 would not get you a playoff spot in our division. PERIOD. As much as I hate the Steelers, they are the gold standard in our division. Ask ANY Steelers fan if they would be happy in ANY season going 8-8. PERIOD.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I also find it interesting that so many posts were on a "dysfunctional locker room" and some people were all over supporting that etc but then you mention support by players and they just throw it out the window.. hmmm 

Exactly:
Player says he's happy....Bullshit

Source says player in unhappy....Word to your mother. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And so has people that are only see from one end of the lense..

The end of the lense that is actually clear. 8-8 is no accomplishment for any coach beyond his 1st year.

You've already gotten your wish that we retain this assclown when no one else would.  Now you're already leading with the idea that 8 wins next year is quite the accomplishment.

Yet a 7 win coach (Anthony Lynn), who had 9 wins his 1st year, and 12 wins his 2nd year, just got fired yesterday.  I guess here we'll always have lowered standards by some.  14 wins over 3 years would earn a year 4 in your mind.

Question: What is the minimum amount of games you think Taylor must win next year to earn another season?  5?  6?  7?  I'd love to know.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 8-8 in our division would actually be a  good year with our young roster and rebuild especially if Burrow is limited at start of year.  Also there are many fans that support bring Zac back and would see 8 wins next year as a major step forward..  As good as the Ravens are.. they did not even get to 12-4.. you are just setting up failure at a bar that over 80 percent of teams don;t even reach in a year

So 8-8 next year.  Year 3.  So what are your hopes for year 4?  How many years is it to compete in the division?  This expectation is why the fanbase continues to support no matter what the team does.  

Not making light at all of abuse, but this fanbase acts like someone in an abusive relationship.  "It's getting better", "it could be worse", "but they still love me."  And keep coming back for more.  Always trying to defend the relationship to everyone else.  Wanting it to be better and seeing a silver lining no one else sees.   
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:40 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Thank you.  Not many of us lol but I think we're headed in the right direction for sure. 
I agree improvement each year.  Next year 6 wins.  the following year we are 8 and 8 and moving on up.  sky is the limit.  4 more years and we might be a wild card team.  Cant wait for the fun to begin.  In Zac and Mike we trust, Because we have no other choice.  Bring back Paul Alexander.  Why not we had a few winning years with him.

We did beat the Steelers this year. Something we have not done in a long time. However we lost every other division game.

6-25-1 That is a solid foundation to build on. that would be like building a house on quick sand. Who Dey. We will get another top 12 draft pick in 2022 so it will not be all for a loss. We can draft someone else that will be a bust or get hurt in collage and not play for a year or two.
Cant wait for 2021 season. Hope we can go to the stadium.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 things:

1)  Not a comment to the OP specifically, but in general about some posters/fans.

2)  No, I'm asking for actual positives.  Not "hope", and not a Twitter endorsement in a business context.  I want actual positives.  I want to know why I should be truly optimistic.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:07 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I agree improvement each year.  Next year 6 wins.  the following year we are 8 and 8 and moving on up.  sky is the limit.  4 more years and we might be a wild card team.  Cant wait for the fun to begin.  In Zac and Mike we trust, Because we have no other choice.  Bring back Paul Alexander.  Why not we had a few winning years with him.

We did beat the Steelers this year.  Something we have not done in a long time.  However we lost every other division game.

Yep.  Looks like we made it!!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8194202]

or...

[Image: MR9iqIZ.gif]
Reply/Quote