Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick
Honestly, between the two I am starting to lean a bit more towards Bush. I think he might be the more instinctual pass-coverage guy we need but I think the Bengals are going to be getting either Devin White or Devin Bush.

It's a Devin first round.

I also hope they still go for David Long, Jr in the later round (4th round would be a steal). I think those two burners in a nickel package would be outstanding.

And while I'm at it, how about Dexter Lawrence somehow slipping to the Bengals in Rd 2 (or even trading up a bit to snag him...hello Pats? You are so good at later picks...here is our third and some sixth rounders for your first rounder.

Wow...Can you imagine Lawrence in the middle with Bush behind him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, between the two I am starting to lean a bit more towards Bush. I think he might be the more instinctual pass-coverage guy we need but I think the Bengals are going to be getting either Devin White or Devin Bush.

It's a Devin first round.

I also hope they still go for David Long, Jr in the later round (4th round would be a steal). I think those two burners in a nickel package would be outstanding.

And while I'm at it, how about Dexter Lawrence somehow slipping to the Bengals in Rd 2 (or even trading up a bit to snag him...hello Pats? You are so good at later picks...here is our third and some sixth rounders for your first rounder.

Wow...Can you imagine Lawrence in the middle with Bush behind him?

If we get someone like Risner, Lindstrom, Tytus Howard, Sharping or Edoga later i would be more than happy with this.

I just hope the Devin we select really works on their tackling. Both have had some problems in this area at times.

I do believe we need a 3-tech DT more than a NT like Lawrence cause both Billings and Glasgow are primarily run stoppers. But i hate teams running on us so would be more than fine with Lawrence, Tillery or Simmons if we go this route.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we will go LB or OT at 11. I think if Oliver is there at 11 he's our pick. We were high on him last year before he decided to return. I would like Taylor, Williams or even Risner if we go OL, not high on Bush so if White is gone I would take Hock or best OT. But I don't think we will. Just my gut feeling.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope you are wrong. Mack Wilson will be the best linebacker to come out of this draft and I sure as hell hope we do not draft him at #11.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 03:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think we will go LB or OT at 11. I think if Oliver is there at 11 he's our pick. We were high on him last year before he decided to return. I would like Taylor, Williams or even Risner if we go OL, not high on Bush so if White is gone I would take Hock or best OT. But I don't think we will. Just my gut feeling.

Not saying I agree but Geno is 31 years old so finding someone close to his ability that could spell him and not lose his presence on the line would sure be nice.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 03:42 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not saying I agree but Geno is 31 years old so finding someone close to his ability that could spell him and not lose his presence on the line would sure be nice.

I agree, another reason why i think we need a 3-tech DT more than a Nose Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 03:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think we will go LB or OT at 11. I think if Oliver is there at 11 he's our pick. We were high on him last year before he decided to return. I would like Taylor, Williams or even Risner if we go OL, not high on Bush so if White is gone I would take Hock or best OT. But I don't think we will. Just my gut feeling.

I just doubt Oliver falls to us, which is why i see Wilkins as very realistic.
Reply/Quote
Not exactly a hot take here, but I think what the Bengals grab in the first and second round will tell us a lot about how they view their chances at competing next season.

If they grab guys in the first round that are expected to be instant contributors and one of them is a LB, they're telling us that they're at least going to take a shot at it. If they grab projects, backups, or rotational guys it's because they're looking towards the future.

Not saying I disagree with either pathway, either, but it will be interesting to see which way they go.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what to think, at this point. The Bengals sure do need a LB to become the face of the defense, but they also need a marquis Tackle on offense in the worst kind of way. Either way it goes, I see the 1st and 2nd picks being split between those two positions. It's just going to depend on who's available when their pick comes up, and the trade offers that most definitely roll in, weather we hear about them or not.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just doubt Oliver falls to us, which is why i see Wilkins as very realistic.

Frankly if we were taking a DT at #11 then they should take the best DT (3 technique) in the draft and that (head explosions coming) is Jeffery Simmons. He would have blown up the combine and if not for his previous off the field issue then he could be pushing for the #1 overall selection.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 05:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Frankly if we were taking a DT at #11 then they should take the best DT (3 technique) in the draft and that (head explosions coming) is Jeffery Simmons. He would have blown up the combine and if not for his previous off the field issue then he could be pushing for the #1 overall selection.

Yes, tearing his ACL and his off the field issue will make him fall quite a ways.

If we don't select a DT in the first two rounds and he fell to us in the 3rd i would take him.
Reply/Quote
LB is a big need, but that does not mean we are locked into LB first round.

At #11 you cant reach for a position. By the time you get to the second and third round there is not as big of a difference between a guy ranked #42 and #52 as there would between a guy ranked #11 and #21.

We could go DL, OL, LB, TE, and maybe even QB with the #11 pick. The only reason I don't include CB is because there does not seem to be one worth the #11 pick.
Reply/Quote
I don't see much difference between the 2nd and 3rd round tackles. And I don't think we will take one 1st. So I could see it as LB, another defensive player, then an OT in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
We paid Hart as a team desperate for tackles. We have two question marks followed up by nothing for depth at tackle.

I could understand a LB. But pick two from Preston Vigil Evans and Jefferson and they play the majority of our snaps. If Hart and Glenn miss any time. Who is it playing T?
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them grab the lb at 11 (given a Devin is there).

I don't want to go into day 2 desperate for a lb and watching good ones get snatched up just before our picks.

Get the lb and then we can let the draft fall to us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We paid Hart as a team desperate for tackles. We have two question marks followed up by nothing for depth at tackle.

I could understand a LB. But pick two from Preston Vigil Evans and Jefferson and they play the majority of our snaps. If Hart and Glenn miss any time. Who is it playing T?

No doubt, it would be Kent Perkins, maybe Redmond if he could make the switch.

Troy really pizzed me off when he said we won't take a OT till round 3.

Actually makes me wonder if that was some sort of smoke and mirrors or something.

We need an OT just as much as a LB the more i think about it, we have a new LB coach and i don't think our LB's are lacking talent. Who knows what Tem can do with Vigil, Malik and Evans. I like his resume better than Turner's even if i think Turner will be better than Piano man, that isn't saying tons.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, it would be Kent Perkins, maybe Redmond if he could make the switch.

Troy really pizzed me off when he said we won't take a OT till round 3.

Actually makes me wonder if that was some sort of smoke and mirrors or something.

We need an OT just as much as a LB the more i think about it, we have a new LB coach and i don't think our LB's are lacking talent. Who knows what Tem can do with Vigil, Malik and Evans. I like his resume better than Turner's even if i think Turner will be better than Piano man, that isn't saying tons.

When did Troy state what round we would select an OT? He made a statement in regard to the signing of Hart but his statement was to the effect you have to have a plan in place and their was not a realistic FA out there. He said you could not as well count on necessarily taking an OT in the 3rd and have him walk in and start day 1.

I am pretty sure that he never stated that we would not take an OT until a certain round.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, tearing his ACL and his off the field issue will make him fall quite a ways.

If we don't select a DT in the first two rounds and he fell to us in the 3rd i would take him.

Simmons will NOT be there in the 3rd. He is the best DT in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I don't see much difference between the 2nd and 3rd round tackles.  And I don't think we will take one 1st.  So I could see it as LB, another defensive player, then an OT in the 3rd.

Mack Wilson will be a better LB than White or Bush. Wilson very well is going to be the best LB in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 08:02 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Simmons will NOT be there in the 3rd. He is the best DT in this draft.

Post season ACL tears drop 99.9% of the time

And of the ones who end up getting drafted 10% end up becoming serviceable NFL players.

(percentages are estimates)
Reply/Quote