Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I bet Dalton would do the same....
as RW did to get some line help......

R WIlson redoes Contract
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:39 PM)corpjet Wrote: as RW did to get some line help......

R WIlson redoes Contract

Be a fool not to. At this rate, he may not survive much longer.

That said, the Bengals have PLENTY of cap room to bring help in, but just refuse.  They can't be that stupid, it has to be about the dollars.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton already took a team-friendly deal and Mike Brown repaid his loyalty by letting the o-line go to hell....again. Maybe if Dalton literally played for peanuts Mike Brown would find it in his heart to protect the guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:39 PM)corpjet Wrote: as RW did to get some line help......

R WIlson redoes Contract

I honestly believe the Bengals FO never even considers approaching players about restructuring. I can't recall a single instance in the past decade where a player restructured their deal for the sake of bettering the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly believe the Bengals FO never even considers approaching players about restructuring. I can't recall a single instance in the past decade where a player restructured their deal for the sake of bettering the team.

Not sure really...I do know Palmer restructured for both the Raiders and the Cardinals, so perhaps he wasn't feeling it here.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Be a fool not to. At this rate, he may not survive much longer.

That said, the Bengals have PLENTY of cap room to bring help in, but just refuse.  They can't be that stupid, it has to be about the dollars.

Geoff Hobspin says the Bengals don't have nearly as much cap space as it might appear. You calling him a liar?!? 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:25 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Geoff Hobspin says the Bengals don't have nearly as much cap space as it might appear. You calling him a liar?!? 

More like propaganda minister. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:25 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Geoff Hobspin says the Bengals don't have nearly as much cap space as it might appear. You calling him a liar?!? 

I definitely am.

I don't even think it's about breaking the bank to fix the line, but rather just spending money that we have on it, which Mike Brown has always seemed to take the stance of "we don't need to have an elite line, they just need to be able to hold their own," which usually backfires and they can't even be adequate.

I think Dalton would restructure and/or take a pay cut, but I don't see Mike shelling out money to improve the line or being aggressive in free agency when this season ends.

Aside from Z and being lucky enough that Whitworth played some guard, I don't think Mike values the interior line enough to spend money on a FA center (that's where it all starts IMCO) or a high draft pick, and the same for a guard (Z was an exception and I think him leaving in FA might actually hurt Mike's willingness to do it again).

Maybe AJ calling out the line would have some influence on the situation and the front office's willingness to address the line, but can we fix it in one offseason?

Depressing time to be a Bengals fan because this dark cloud of the line blocks our light of hope.
Reply/Quote
We could literally replace the entire offensive line with free agents from the scrap heap and it would be an improvement.

I don't believe this is really about dollars, folks. This is about sheer incompetence and pigheaded stubbornness. Marvin and Paul Alexander genuinely believe the talent on the line is fine. They just need to play better. Ask Paul about our former world beaters Nate Livings, Eric Ghiacuc, Dennis Roland and Brad St. Louis if you believe talent is ever an issue on the offensive line  Whatever
Reply/Quote
If you played for this team would you restructure your salary? Hell no I wouldn't! No sight of a championship looming on the horizon, an owner/operator who's football acumen is lower than whale shit... No, I think I would take all the $$$ I can get and go be a pig farmer in my retirement...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton already took a team-friendly deal and Mike Brown repaid his loyalty by letting the o-line go to hell....again.  Maybe if Dalton literally played for peanuts Mike Brown would find it in his heart to protect the guy.

Yeah.  This.

Dalton has sacrificed enough.  No doubt about that.  Can't recall seeing his blood on his uniform yet.  Stay tuned. 

Two QB's in a row, both lines  allowed to go to shit, both careers sacrificed.  AJ is this redo's Chad.  Both eras suffering at the hands of a kicker kept around too long.  Your best players start to get pissed.  That's a lot of deja vu.  Wish there was some way to edit this script, turn off this damn loop.

When it goes bad, we get that pain, plus we get the added benefit of having seen the exact same thing before.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Considering Andy took an extremely team friendly deal and pours a lot of that money back into the town (and did so even before the deal when he was on a rookie contract), I think he would do it if it got offensive line help.
Reply/Quote