Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I called it
(09-18-2016, 06:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lack of run game has been a factor. You can only defend the big boys for so long. We have less than 100 yards rushing in 2 games.... Combined. Not everything on the line, but there are very few holes opening up. Did much better pass blocking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not much better is Dalton getting pressured all the time..

Against a 4 man rush and few blitzes.
Reply/Quote
Damn why can't I upload an image? Grr
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lack of run game has been a factor. You can only defend the big boys for so long. We have less than 100 yards rushing in 2 games.... Combined. Not everything on the line, but there are very few holes opening up. Did much better pass blocking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not acceptable in that category either, IMO. Dalton got rid of it quick, but he still got killed a few times.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:38 PM)Sweetness Wrote: What did CAUSE US TO LOSE oh wise one? I find it hard to argue that lack of run game wasn't one of the biggest factors.

Lack of run game didn't help us out, no doubt.

But we lost the game because we couldn't run? Hardly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:14 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Actually, I did call it.

I made a thread saying exactly the same thing weeks ago.

And i have been saying since the old board. "The line can either pass block or run block well, but never both in the same game."  

Reply/Quote
Not only couldn't we run, we couldn't run against a 4 man front clearly sold out to stop the pass.

4 man rush was all it took to pressure our pussified O-line - pitiful.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:24 PM)Sweetness Wrote: What do you think was a bigger factor then Dalton being forced to throw almost 50 times because there was literally no run game...again?

People are allowed to hate Andy idc but dudes like Truck will find a way to blame him no matter what
Reply/Quote
beaker's right. this thread sux.
Reply/Quote
Only Mikey Boy Dumb Ass Brown would keep a ***** hack like Paul Alexander around
when everyone else knows he's a worthless piece of shit.

We won't win jack shit until Mikey Boy is planted - mark it down, fricking inept cursed
joke of an owner who hasn't won shit!
Reply/Quote
We might be forced to consider the missing ingredient on the offensive line might be Andre Smith. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:43 PM)Housh Wrote: People are allowed to hate Andy idc but dudes like Truck will find a way to blame him no matter what

Huh?

Andy was awesome today, outside of maybe 7-8 throws.

WTF did that come from?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We might be forced to consider the missing ingredient on the offensive line might be Andre Smith. Nervous

As bad as he could be in pass protection, at least he was a man road grater on the run block.

Bengals need to so badly to kick Paul Alexander in the testicles and reboot the O-line position it's not funny.

Let him tickle the ivory permanently.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:01 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Paul Alexander needs to be shown the stinking door after this game. And whoever decided NOT to challenge the TD by Uzomah

FWIW I saw on Twitter (I think) where a reporter asking Marvin why they didn't challenge the Uzo TD and he said he was told that his knee was out of bounds by the Bengals challenge staffers. So even though his knee would have made him down his staff reviewing it thought it wouldn't get overturned because there was no evidence showing he was clearly in bounds. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:57 PM)Rattler Wrote: As bad as he could be in pass protection, at least he was a man road grater on the run block.

Bengals need to so badly to kick Paul Alexander in the testicles and reboot the O-line position it's not funny.

Let him tickle the ivory permanently.

Major misconception. Andre was never "bad in pass protection". Guy was a stud, we let him go. Bummer for us.
Reply/Quote
We weren't good in pass protection either. Only a four man rush and there was no pocket and Andy had to get it out super fast to avoid sacks. As a result we had no deep passing game (and them being able to have 7 in coverage didn't hurt).
Reply/Quote