Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't.
I can't judge those who have called themselves a Bengals fan for x+ years and want to leave. Personally, I would never leave my team for another, but how can you blame someone for wanting to not waste their time with this mess? It's been a mess for a very, very, very long time. A lot of us here have never seen a playoff win and probably won't for at least another 3 years. That's being generous. It's depressing if you have continued to support this team emotionally and financially just to see them flop over dead. Every running play by San Fran was basically a guaranteed first down every single time. New Dey? Yeah, new dey same bs.

And to clarify, I love my team. But people who are expressing the idea of finding a new team, give them one good reason to stick around. Just one. I have many reasons why I'll stick around. But maybe some fans just have never seen anything good come of this team and they don't want to waste their time anymore? Its a battle. You love them but you hate them. Some people get so invested in this team, but have never seen a good thing come from it. So I understand if they want to leave and root for whatever city they want. I'm not one to judge someone on how they spend their time. And neither are any of you.

The team sucks, don't let this board suck. If someone is whining about finding a new team one day and says never mind the next, its because again, its a love/hate relationship. It's a battle. You can be a true Bengals fan and still out loud express desire to move on. Most of us have at least tickled the idea of not caring about our beloved Bengals anymore just so we could move on... Who cares? People are pissed. Some probably depressed. We have the right to be and that's comes with mixed emotions. I will never leave my team. That doesn't make me better than the guy who chooses to do so.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'll watch them until they leave Cincinnati, but I'm nowhere near as passionate as I used to be. By the time SF scored their 3rd touchdown, I was laughing it up. Life's too short to get hung up on something like this, and I never expected them to be competitive this year anyway.

Frankly, the worst part about yesterday for me was the horrific sunburn I got.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:37 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'll watch them until they leave Cincinnati, but I'm nowhere near as passionate as I used to be.  By the time SF scored their 3rd touchdown, I was laughing it up.  Life's too short to get hung up on something like this, and I never expected them to be competitive this year anyway.  

Frankly, the worst part about yesterday for me was the horrific sunburn I got.

I had some good laughs yesterday as well. Best part for me is watching with my dad. That's really the best part about watching the games for me. That's enough to keep me around and until they move like you said, I'll keep rooting.

Reply/Quote
Like in AA, if I could push a button and never care about this team again...I would push the button right away.

It is like some disease. Thankfully, my son doesn't have it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:30 AM)Takedown Wrote: I can't judge those who have called themselves a Bengals fan for x+ years and want to leave. Personally, I would never leave my team for another, but how can you blame someone for wanting to not waste their time with this mess? It's been a mess for a very, very, very long time. A lot of us here have never seen a playoff win and probably won't for at least another 3 years. That's being generous. It's depressing if you have continued to support this team emotionally and financially just to see them flop over dead. Every running play by San Fran was basically a guaranteed first down every single time. New Dey? Yeah, new dey same bs.

And to clarify, I love my team. But people who are expressing the idea of finding a new team, give them one good reason to stick around. Just one. I have many reasons why I'll stick around. But maybe some fans just have never seen anything good come of this team and they don't want to waste their time anymore? Its a battle. You love them but you hate them. Some people get so invested in this team, but have never seen a good thing come from it. So I understand if they want to leave and root for whatever city they want. I'm not one to judge someone on how they spend their time. And neither are any of you.

The team sucks, don't let this board suck. If someone is whining about finding a new team one day and says never mind the next, its because again, its a love/hate relationship. It's a battle. You can be a true Bengals fan and still out loud express desire to move on. Most of us have at least tickled the idea of not caring about our beloved Bengals anymore just so we could move on... Who cares? People are pissed. Some probably depressed. We have the right to be and that's comes with mixed emotions. I will never leave my team. That doesn't make me better than the guy who chooses to do so.
Fans have the right to vent.  They are in a dysfunctional relationship which creates ambivalence toward their favorite team.    I explained this in "perceptions and appraisal" thread.  It goes beyond this year.  This is decades of suffering with the Bengals.    It is not that the Bengals lost to the 49ers which is another issue but it is HOW they lost.  They played like the Bengals of the 1990s.  They played defense like 2018 under Austin.  Slow and apathetic.  

Win next week and all will be good for some fans. Then there will be those fans who will complain because that is what they do best, complain.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I mean it's honestly at a point where watching the Bengals is just something to do on Sunday. If they win, they win. If they lose, they lose. Maybe if they can get to a place where they're competitive again, my fire will come back. But for now, I just can't be bothered to get worked up over it anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like in AA, if I could push a button and never care about this team again...I would push the button right away.

It is like some disease.  Thankfully, my son doesn't have it.

It really is..

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:42 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Fans have the right to vent.  They are in a dysfunctional relationship which creates ambivalence toward their favorite team.    I explained this in "perceptions and appraisal" thread.  It goes beyond this year.  This is decades of suffering with the Bengals.    It is not that the Bengals lost to the 49ers which is another issue but it is HOW they lost.  They played like the Bengals of the 1990s.  They played defense like 2018 under Austin.  Slow and apathetic.  

Win next week and all will be good for some fans. Then there will be those fans who will complain because that is what they do best, complain.  

I'm just not cool with people on this board calling out those who have expressed moving on from the team. Yeah they're a little whiney and some of us have seen the same talk from the same people. But c'mon man. People are basically fighting a disease. It sucks loving a team that never proves you wrong. People don't need to be a$$holes is all I'm saying. I believe there is a mute option if you really don't want to see someone's posts.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like in AA, if I could push a button and never care about this team again...I would push the button right away.

It is like some disease.  Thankfully, my son doesn't have it.

Haha. Well said.

Kind of sad that your son doesn't like the Bengals though, but I get it.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I’ll always get excited though. Still enjoy watching players like Ross. I get it though, I hate feeling like we are so far away from being a contender.
Reply/Quote
I’ll always be a Bengals fan. At least until they move to another city.
Reply/Quote
I have come to the reality that we will have the best looking uniforms in the league and then that is about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:43 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Yeah, I mean it's honestly at a point where watching the Bengals is just something to do on Sunday.  If they win, they win.  If they lose, they lose.  Maybe if they can get to a place where they're competitive again, my fire will come back.  But for now, I just can't be bothered to get worked up over it anymore.

Yes I too have been Bungalized. 
Reply/Quote
I would never the team no matter what, they're the reason I got into watching football as I started watching football in the start of the Green/Dalton era in 2011.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I remember the first Bengals message board. It was linked to the Cincinnati Enquirer and people would spend endless hours lamenting whether to stay as a fan or leave. One popular poster GodHaveMercy who argued with fumetti and others endlessly left to become a Ravens fan in 2000. This is where PBB got his idea to start his own message board back in the day after everyone moved to numerous different sites.

Anyway, the idea of fans leaving isn't new. Hell, it's almost 20 years later, 20 years after the abysmal teams of the 90's and they still have fans. It's amazing when you think about it. Over 30 years with no playoff win.

We should cheer people that have the guts to move on.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame people who give up on the Bengals.

But the ones who have to make a long whiney post about it are just annoying attention whores.

Go ahead and leave, just spare us the self-righteous BS thread about how long you suffered.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't blame people who give up on the Bengals.

But the ones who have to make a long whiney post about it are just annoying attention whores.

Go ahead and leave, just spare us the self-righteous BS thread about how long you suffered.

Who the **** are you to tell others how to think and feel?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:57 PM)yang Wrote: Who the **** are you to tell others how to think and feel?

Just a person who doesn't like whiney crybabies.

You wouldn't understand.

Seriously, if you want to leave go ahead and leave.  I won't try to tell you not to.  
Reply/Quote
When our last playoff win is the Houston Oiler's...what other proof of futility does one need? Shocked

[Image: last-time.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:22 PM)Rattler Wrote: When our last playoff win is the Houston Oiler's...what other proof of futility does one need?   Shocked

[Image: last-time.jpg]

True, we played the Oilers on 12/23/90, but that was a regular season game.  Which we won, and which gave us the tie-breaker over the also 9-7 Oilers.  But, the playoff game was 1/6/91.  Not calling you out, just the meme creator that came up with the wrong date.  

And, yes, it's only two weeks, but dammit, we were winners for two more weeks!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote