Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't believe I am saying this
But I'd rather see Paul Alexander back coaching the Oline right now than Jim Turner

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Jim Turner isn’t getting it done.

Letting your QB get hit 18 times. Less than 50 rushing yards? It’s a pathetic showing and clearly there needs to be a change. The players stink, but the guy in charge hasn’t made any improvements that I’ve seen.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:48 PM)pally Wrote: But I'd rather see Paul Alexander back coaching the Oline right now than Jim Turner

Maybe.  

He sure as shit doesn't get to "stand on the table" for high-round o-line draft picks this time.  I'll respect the early Palmer era line and the 2012-2015 ones.  Still, I can't forgive him for Fisher/Ogbuehi.  Killed this team for 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:48 PM)pally Wrote: But I'd rather see Paul Alexander back coaching the Oline right now than Jim Turner

You and me both sister! Damn you Turner for making me miss the piano man!  :paul:
Reply/Quote
What's that I hear??? Is that... is that... PAUL ALEXANDER's MUSIC??!!??!

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor and Mike Brown are loyal to a fault.

Anarumo needs to be gone.
Jim Turner needs to be gone.
Taylor needs to be gone or at least give up playcalling duties.
Whoever made the decision not to go bigger in FA for OL needs to be gone (Tobin/Turner/Taylor).
Whoever decided to keep AJ Green at $18 mill Franchise Tag needs to be gone. Dude has a whole 116 yards through 3 games. I know he's rusty and doesn't know the offense. But you don't pay $18 mill to a guy with that much risk.
Whoever decided to get Mixon a 4 year, $48 mill extension and not have him be a focal point of the offense needs to be gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
PLEASE GET JOE BURROW SOME HELP ON THE OLINE BEFORE HE GETS HURT. ID RATHER HIM SIT OUT THE REST OF THIS YEAR
Reply/Quote
Why the hell not? I realize we don’t exactly have the horses up front, but these performances are just downright pathetic. Burrow is getting abused, and Mixon is running for like 30 yds a game.

I’d be for it just to shake things up.

Reply/Quote
The defense looked better today. Albeit against a depleted Eagles offense. The last minute drive to force overtime was a huge let down but you can see potential there.

Turner needs to go sooner rather than later. That line is not good, but not nearly as bad as they look right now.I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Bosa in week one but the sacks and run game futility are glaring. We should be 2-1 at least right now.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell not? I realize we don’t exactly have the horses up front, but these performances are just downright pathetic. Burrow is getting abused, and Mixon is running for like 30 yds a game.

I’d be for it just to shake things up.

Hell, Willie Anderson would probably take the job right now.

Zac should also turn over the offense to Callahan, and bring Wade in to replace Lou. 

These things could all be done pretty quickly I would think, and who the hell knows, it might just provide a spark.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I can say right now is the offensive line is holding the team back more so than any other position. And Jim Turner is responsible for that problem.

He should have been more vocal in The offseason. He should be the only coach to get fired right now
Reply/Quote
Whatever happened to that dude that replaced PA?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:23 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The only thing I can say right now is the offensive line is holding the team back more so than any other position. And Jim Turner is responsible for that problem.

He should have been more vocal in The offseason. He should be the only coach to get fired right now

Agree that Turner needs canned, but I think a solid case can be made that Lou shouldn't be far behind. The rush defense was historically bad last year. It's been even worse so far this season! There's just no way around that, IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hell, Willie Anderson would probably take the job right now.

Zac should also turn over the offense to Callahan, and bring Wade in to replace Lou. 

These things could all be done pretty quickly I would think, and who the hell knows, it might just provide a spark.

Wade Phillips would just make so much sense. Get some damn experience on this staff.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever happened to that dude that replaced PA?

Frank Pollack he's the offensive line coach for one of two teams I can can say are worse than the Bengals without reaching lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever happened to that dude that replaced PA?

Jets

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wade Phillips would just make so much sense. Get some damn experience on this staff.

And he really wants to be coaching again.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Frank Pollack he's the offensive line coach for one of two teams I can can say are worse than the Bengals without reaching lol.

(09-27-2020, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jets
eeewww...

Well maybe someone else. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wade Phillips would just make so much sense. Get some damn experience on this staff.

Might get flamed for this but Hue Jackson as OC would not make me unhappy. I think his tenure in Cleveland was more of a Peter principle thing.  
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And he really wants to be coaching again.

He has to be a high quality individual, in addition to his defensive coaching point of view.  He's been promoted to HC at least 2 or 3 times.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote