Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't go thru the 90's again...
(11-20-2016, 10:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: But the 90's was the best era for music. Just sayin.

I kinda disagree.  That's about the time where, for some reason, bands with HORRIBLE vocals suddenly became popular...
Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, etc.
Reply/Quote
I'm too old to do that again, are we all going to perish without even being able to celebrate a Bengals playoff win again?

I would say we will win a playoff game and exit, due to the high. So we will not be seeing a Bengals superbowl ring in our lifetime...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Carson and Chad didn't get it done, Dalton and Green didn't...who will the 3rd QB/WR combo Marvin Lewis gets to spend years with be? I'm on edge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone get the man a blanket he's about to go into the fetile position!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The 90's were bad but at least we knew we had no chance. This is almost worse though; having talent and a team with great potential, but not a Coach or Ownership that can do a damn thing with it and thinks there is nothing wrong.

I think this is a KEY component of feeling the way we do as a franchise.  It is like having a real hot chick or guy whatever side of the coin ya on there, and getting ready to make out with them but their big ugly fat friend comes in the doorway trips and before you know it you are kissing the porker.  
Reply/Quote
There were some fun moments in the 90s like Jeff Blake and his aerial show.

This year feels more like 2008 or 2010 though than a return to the 1990s. Aside from Jeff Blake the Bengals had two of the worst NFL quarterbacks I have ever seen, David Klingler and Akili Smith.

Like I said on Facebook, if the Bengals keep on losing this year maybe it will actually be affordable to see one of their last two games in person (since I will have moved by then) and get to see a dead cat bounce kind of game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: 1991-1999  = 0 Playoff Wins
2000s = 0 Playoff Wins
2010s = 0 Playoff wins.

It's always the 90s with the Bengals

As long as Mikey boy has air in his lungs we will continue to witness an exercise in futility.

Name me a worse owner of anything?

Houston Oilers
Reply/Quote
I'm the opposite of a fair weather fan but I'm not sitting through any more Marvin Lewis losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
The 90s helped me a lot it's why I can sit here and not get upset over our team being horseshit I've grown to expect us to be complete shit it's when we do good that shocks me and then I still never get to confident except last years playoff game when Jeremy Hill fumbled away my entire soul
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Still have a good foundation to build upon if there is not a mass exodus.

Still will take great moves and drafting to get back to speed quickly though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Meh, trying to keep my perspective. I was in a horrible marriage in the '90s, so compared to that, I can do a bad Bengals season standing on my head.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 11:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I kinda disagree.  That's about the time where, for some reason, bands with HORRIBLE vocals suddenly became popular...
Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, etc.

All good bands.

Like Bob Dylan is known for having such a great voice? 

Reply/Quote
Now wait just a second...I thought the 90's wouldn't return until Marv was fired? Confused
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 11:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know it was only a series of 2, but I thought Vigil looked good.
He did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All good bands.

Like Bob Dylan is known for having such a great voice? 

He sucks too, IMHO.
I think it's an absolute disgrace that he and Tom Petty are as popular as they are.
Talented musicians?  YES  Talented singers?  HELL NO.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:24 PM)Rattler Wrote: As long as Mikey boy has air in his lungs we will continue to witness an exercise in futility.

Name me a worse owner of anything?

Houston Oilers

The Oilers were better.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This thread is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:53 PM)Tomkat Wrote: He sucks too, IMHO.
I think it's an absolute disgrace that he and Tom Petty are as popular as they are.

I tried to respect your opinion and didn't respond the way i wanted to your original comment (example: [Image: 4636233-200_s.gif]).. and this isn't a music thread, but you came back and dissed Tom Petty.

What/who are some of your favorite bands/musicians/singers?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:53 PM)Tomkat Wrote: He sucks too, IMHO.

[Image: 8f1109c70ac5d8c8491b1651a876ca59c0c94f51...d3810e.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Tomkat agrees with this.

Reply/Quote