Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I can't stand Charlie Weiss
I think Burrow must have banged his wife or something. He has such disdain for Burrow and the Bengals. Bob Papa mentioned yesterday that Burrow had to be in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen and Hurts for MVP. Weiss was huffing and blowing about how Burrow may have thrown 4 touchdowns Sunday, but he "only" had 100 something yards. Like it's Joe's fault the defense consistently gave him a short field in the 2nd half. Weiss is the worst, but pretty much all those guys all day long can't seem to get Mahomes jock strap out of their mouths. Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes, but you'd think he was Andy Dalton the way they talk. (Not a shot at Dalton) I wonder how many times Burrow will have to beat Mahomes for it to change, or if it ever will. There seems to be some deep seated disdain towards this team in the media.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Burrow must have banged his wife or something. He has such disdain for Burrow and the Bengals. Bob Papa mentioned yesterday that Burrow had to be in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen and Hurts for MVP. Weiss was huffing and blowing about how Burrow may have thrown 4 touchdowns Sunday, but he "only" had 100 something yards. Like it's Joe's fault the defense consistently gave him a short field in the 2nd half. Weiss is the worst, but pretty much all those guys all day long can't seem to get Mahomes jock strap out of their mouths. Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes, but you'd think he was Andy Dalton the way they talk. (Not a shot at Dalton) I wonder how many times Burrow will have to beat Mahomes for it to change, or if it ever will. There seems to be some deep seated disdain towards this team in the media.

He is just mad that Joe beat Brady....Because without Brady, Weiss hasn't done a damn thing, other than lose.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Burrow must have banged his wife or something. He has such disdain for Burrow and the Bengals. Bob Papa mentioned yesterday that Burrow had to be in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen and Hurts for MVP. Weiss was huffing and blowing about how Burrow may have thrown 4 touchdowns Sunday, but he "only" had 100 something yards. Like it's Joe's fault the defense consistently gave him a short field in the 2nd half. Weiss is the worst, but pretty much all those guys all day long can't seem to get Mahomes jock strap out of their mouths. Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes, but you'd think he was Andy Dalton the way they talk. (Not a shot at Dalton) I wonder how many times Burrow will have to beat Mahomes for it to change, or if it ever will. There seems to be some deep seated disdain towards this team in the media.

Patriots.  Notre Dame.  What do you expect from such an arrogant background?
Reply/Quote

Why in the world would you listen to Weiss I’d guess in a podcast?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Rich Gannon was similar yesterday.  He had to be reminded that Burrow existed several times over the course of the show.  I think he was ready to elevate Trevor Lawrence over him.  He was gushing over how the Jags "looked just like Clemson".  Even if that's the case, what happened to Clemson's juggernaut when they ran up vs LSU in the title game?

Burrow is there to a lot of us, but nationally it's still the Allen vs Mahomes show.  I'm obviously biased, but I'd want to play Burrow's Bengals less than I would want to play either of those teams based on both Burrow's efficiency and a whole slew of other factors that have nothing to do with Joe.  

Allen and Mahomes are physically superior as athletes to Joe.  That's great, but both players have fairly apparent weaknesses as decision makers when it comes to overcoming unfavorable situations.  Allen coughs it up in the red zone.  Mahomes gets flustered when defenses drop 8 and KC gets bored with the run game.  The scariest thing about Burrow is that he eventually outgrows or figures out every weakness or defense teams throw at him.  Sometimes he does it within a single game.  Teams have to play a full 60 minutes against him, or they are dead meat. Few teams, even talented ones, are that disciplined.

People can continue the Allen/Mahomes then everyone else narrative for a little while longer.  Everyone knew that Manning was better than Brady for years until Brady made it impossible to suggest with his play.  Burrow will need to do the same, and I have a gut feeling that he's up to the task.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:10 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Why in the world would you listen to Weiss I’d guess in a podcast?

I wouldn't. He is a co-host with Bob Papa on NFL radio. I was in the car all day yesterday and that's the channel I usually listen to during the season. 
Reply/Quote
I can honestly say I don't care. Opinions don't matter in the NFL. Get to the playoffs and win your next game, and there is nothing any one of these people can do about it. Besides, I feel Joe gets plenty of attention from a lot of people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Weiss can go eat a bag of Romo's!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can honestly say I don't care.  Opinions don't matter in the NFL.  Get to the playoffs and win your next game, and there is nothing any one of these people can do about it.  Besides, I feel Joe gets plenty of attention from a lot of people.

Exactly.  I don't listen much to any of the national coverage, good or bad.  As long as the boys back it up and put a W in the win column, everyone can call them the worst team in the league if they want to.
Reply/Quote
All in all, it's just another brick in the wall. This team takes any miniscule sign of disrespect and uses it as motivation. I love it. Keep doubting....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm so glad Burrow is the QB who will guide the Bengals to mutliple Super Bowls- there, I said it. That said, the offense as a whole wasn't overly impressive Sunday. But they did capitalize big time on their opportunities. The defense was the star of the game. And Tampa Bay helped a lot also.
Reply/Quote
Before the Chiefs game it was, yet again, “are they reaalllly for real??” out of the likes of Nantz and Romo. Then they did the same thing before the Bucs game. I don’t know what they’re all looking at.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Weiss can go eat a bag of Romo's!

So a bag of douches.
Reply/Quote
I get the Mahomes hype. The guy is a damn good QB and he's doing more with a lot less than he's had in the past and with a lot less than Burrow has this year. He should be the MVP IMO. He doesn't have the help that Hurts has either.

For the love of me I do not get the Josh Allen hype. Yes, he is a good...but he is not consistently great. He has a great arm, but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired of at times. There are too many peaks and valleys with Allen. He looks like a world beater one game then a shmuck the next game. You aren't elite if your completion % is one of the worst in the league. He reminds me a lot of Lamar - will make an incredible throw one play then miss a wide open guy streaking down the field the next play. When is the last time you've seen Joe miss an open receiver or one that was covered somewhat tightly? I'll take that over the lazer rocket inconsistent arm all day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: All in all, it's just another brick in the wall. This team takes any miniscule sign of disrespect and uses it as motivation. I love it. Keep doubting....

Leave those Cats alone...    Wink
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:59 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Patriots.  Notre Dame.  What do you expect from such an arrogant background?

Yep

He's still mad because Ohio St. and LSU spanked his Irish bottom blue in his only two real bowl games while he was at ND.
Reply/Quote

This is the guy who knew what defenses were being called the whole time he was with the Cheatriots. Him & Romeo were overrated as hell. There's a reason Belicheats coaching tree is tiny.
Reply/Quote
Sure Burrow benefitted from turnovers but he finished the job with TDs. As for Mvp if Hurts plays and beats Cowboys he locks it up with a record setting year.
Reply/Quote
He’s going to have to win a SB and get through a full training camp so he can start winning game 1 before the media will entertain him. The media doesn’t want a less athletic player winning since it’s the crazy plays Allen and Mahomes do that brings them more views.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is just mad that Joe beat Brady....Because without Brady, Weiss hasn't done a damn thing, other than lose.  

True
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote