Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't take this crap anymore
Like most you, I'm really disappointed in the way the season has gone. I know injuries as well as a terrible oc hurt us but I couldn't bare to watch anymore of that today. Blandy has his ups and downs after aj green we have zero threats and Paulines defense was taken to the woodshed again. Changes need to be made I love our team and our group of players but it's gotta start with Marvin being canned. He's been the constant. Part of me wants us out of contention asap so we can atleast see what mccarron can do. It can't be any worse. I'm not saying it's all Andy it's everything from our awful o-line to our secondary continually being tourched today. It's an embarrassment and we shouldn't have to wait for ben to retire to beat the steelers or anyone else the closest we came our emotions ruined it for us. Just curious on what changes need to be made to stop the failures of this team year after year that keeps us from not only making the playoffs but actually winning a game. I'm 36 and I fear I may never see a bengals super bowl win or atleast a playoff win. One thing is for sure Marvin has got to go
Reply/Quote
Injuries aside...the talent isn't there. Yeah we have a couple elite players and a few good players...but we've lost a lot of players over the past 2 free agency periods and not replaced them.

Free agency destroyed the team.
Reply/Quote
This team needs to do another reboot ala 2011. Fire the OC (done!), get rid of the QB and our #1 WR, keep Marvin and blame the diva cancer players.

Results.

But seriously, what is different this time that we aren't content blaming a handful of players?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This team needs to do another reboot ala 2011.  Fire the OC (done!), get rid of the QB and our #1 WR, keep Marvin and blame the diva cancer players.

Results.  

But seriously, what is different this time that we aren't content blaming a handful of players?

I think the 5 playoff appearances have fans thinking that the roster is talented. They don't recognize how many quality guys we lost to free agency the past 2 years.

Fans also generally overvalue rookies thinking that they are stars.
Reply/Quote
Unles they are wide receivers or a guy like Lawson or geno any guy taken in the first 2 rounds should contribute almost right away. Drafting guys like ced who clearly is not very good kills us. They Bengals never do anything in fa, which is sad except let the good ones get away. Or sign Antonio bryant. Like I said it starts with Marvin his chance passed by 2 years ago. No other team would of kept a coach this long with zero playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:09 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Unles they are wide receivers or a guy like Lawson or geno any guy taken in the first 2 rounds should contribute almost right away. Drafting guys like ced who clearly is not very good kills us. They Bengals never do anything in fa, which is sad except let the good ones get away. Or sign Antonio bryant. Like I said it starts with Marvin his chance passed by 2 years ago. No other team would of kept a coach this long with zero playoff wins

The tipping point for me will be when Russell Bodine is re-signed in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: WTDnnwE.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The tipping point for me will be when Russell Bodine is re-signed in the offseason.

It‘s a witch hunt ! Jk , Just threw up in my mouth.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:09 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Unles they are wide receivers or a guy like Lawson or geno any guy taken in the first 2 rounds should contribute almost right away. Drafting guys like ced who clearly is not very good kills us.

Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher were outstanding players in college. Taking them was the right thing to do but putting them under the tutelage of Paul Alexander was scary stupid. Watch film of Ogbuehi and Fisher in college; heck, look at college film on Russell Bodine, even!

What do you see? NFL quality studs ready to be drafted. What do you see now? Duds who have been coached to fail.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher were outstanding players in college.  Taking them was the right thing to do but putting them under the tutelage of Paul Alexander was scary stupid.  Watch film of Ogbuehi and Fisher in college; heck, look at college film on Russell Bodine, even!

What do you see?  NFL quality studs ready to be drafted.  What do you see now? Duds who have been coached to fail.

Who evaluated all these players? Paul Alexander. He's the OL coach, not a scout.
I just have a gut feeling that he went more off of workouts with these guys rather than studying a lot of game film.
If he had watched game film, he would have seen the flaws. But I can see how these guys would look good in a private workout or combine if that's the only exposure the Bengals had on them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In what world does your best running back get zero touches in second half?

why does Hill start each first half? Are they trying to keep his parents happy by giving him some playing time.?

why for 15 years have the Bengals gotten smoked in the second half in most of their important games and outplayed ins second half in most games?

What other franchise in any sport would keep a coach for 15 years with Marvin's record against main rival, in prime time, and in playoffs?

What NFL team would have kept Marvin with his abysmal record stated above after the 2015 playoff meltdown against the Steelers- which is totally all about coaching?

why is Bodine still on the Bengals?

why would you let your two best lineman on a below average 2016 o line walk and then not draft any replacements or sign any free agents?

For 15 years I have watched the Steelers D own our offensive line. Why is Paul Alexander still the o line coach?

Insanity is doing the same unsuccessful crap over and over.

Even greater insanity is being a fan of an insane NFL franchise.

The Bengals are doomed, the Bengal fans are even more domed, and this team will be in London or some where else in 5 years or sooner.

Roger GODel will facilitate that move in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:49 AM)bengals73 Wrote: [Image: WTDnnwE.gif]

THIS HORSE NEEDS BEATEN, REPEATEDLY, UNTIL SOMETHING CHANGES!!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:49 AM)bengals73 Wrote: [Image: WTDnnwE.gif]

What else is there to talk about?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:09 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Unles they are wide receivers or a guy like Lawson or geno any guy taken in the first 2 rounds should contribute almost right away. Drafting guys like ced who clearly is not very good kills us. They Bengals never do anything in fa, which is sad except let the good ones get away. Or sign Antonio bryant. Like I said it starts with Marvin his chance passed by 2 years ago. No other team would of kept a coach this long with zero playoff wins

Actually, it starts with Son of Paul, otherwise, you're right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Shocked
I can see all of you having a point. Why do we as the boss of these players, yes I said we as boss, if it wasn't our ticket money,and buying their merchandise where would they be! We as fans pay for this team and the money seems to be going to someone else because this team sucks!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This team needs to do another reboot ala 2011.  Fire the OC (done!), get rid of the QB and our #1 WR, keep Marvin and blame the diva cancer players.

Results.  

If AJ leaves before Marv I will........
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher were outstanding players in college.  Taking them was the right thing to do but putting them under the tutelage of Paul Alexander was scary stupid.  Watch film of Ogbuehi and Fisher in college; heck, look at college film on Russell Bodine, even!

What do you see?  NFL quality studs ready to be drafted.  What do you see now? Duds who have been coached to fail.

I think you have a point. Paul Alexander have been there for 20 years. The O line needs a fresh set of eyes.
Reply/Quote
Paul am delighted Marvin need to be shown the door after this year and take bodine and Pauline with them. No other NFL team would of kept a guy this long without atleast one playoff win it's truly pathetic. Hell give me les miles he can't be any worse than Marvin
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Who evaluated all these players? Paul Alexander. He's the OL coach, not a scout.
I just have a gut feeling that he went more off of workouts with these guys rather than studying a lot of game film.
If he had watched game film, he would have seen the flaws. But I can see how these guys would look good in a private workout or combine if that's the only exposure the Bengals had on them.

That's why I was banging the drum so hard for PA to be fired after last season's disaster.

He picked these guys (he has way too much say, but that's another matter) and he failed to coach them up. Most teams wouldn't have let him finish out last season. Yet here we are having to discuss this turd still...and he'll probably be around next year, too.

Mike's loyalty to bums like this is yet another reason why this team hasn't won a playoff game a quarter century.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's why I was banging the drum so hard for PA to be fired after last season's disaster.

He picked these guys (he has way too much say, but that's another matter) and he failed to coach them up. Most teams wouldn't have let him finish out last season. Yet here we are having to discuss this turd still...and he'll probably be around next year, too.

Mike's loyalty to bums like this is yet another reason why this team hasn't won a playoff game a quarter century.

If that's the case, I'll have a very hard time remaining a fan.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote