Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"I could see it in their eyes, mother-effing looking at each other."
"I could see it in their eyes, mother-effing looking at each other," Jones said. "We ain't got time to be looking at each other. We need to be lookin' at what the hell we need to do."

After that speech, for the next 35 minutes to end the game, the defense only gave up 62 yards.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/11/pacman-pulls-bengals-defense-together-sparks-offense/73535722/
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Other than past transgressions and some outbursts on the field, it's hard to not love everything else about how Adam Jones plays the game of football. Maybe the best acquisition ever by this regime...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:24 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Other than past transgressions and some outbursts on the field, it's hard to not love everything else about how Adam Jones plays the game of football.  Maybe the best acquisition ever by this regime...

I was not a fan of his acquisition, and I could not have been more wrong.  Without Burfict, this 185lb corner is the heart and soul of our defense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:24 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Other than past transgressions and some outbursts on the field, it's hard to not love everything else about how Adam Jones plays the game of football.  Maybe the best acquisition ever by this regime...

He truly is a special player. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Remember when he got in Atkins face last year? That took balls.
Reply/Quote
Jones is definitely a difference maker on this team. Like SHRacerX said, I may not have been a big fan when we first signed him, but it didn't take long to like having him on the team and I am so glad we have him now. Especially without having Burfict in there, it seems like Jones can really add a spark.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Jones is a very intense player who does not quit. He had a lot to do with the comeback yesterday. They played with grit yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was not a fan of his acquisition, and I could not have been more wrong.  Without Burfict, this 185lb corner is the heart and soul of our defense. 

Add me to the group of disgruntled over the acquisition.......and I'm with you 100%.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Add me to the group of disgruntled over the acquisition.......and I'm with you 100%.

I too was not at all happy about the acquisition.  I don't like him as a person, but he is one hell of a football player.  You do have to wonder, without all the missed time and outside distractions, what he might have been.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:09 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I too was not at all happy about the acquisition.  I don't like him as a person, but he is one hell of a football player.  You do have to wonder, without all the missed time and outside distractions, what he might have been.

It's scary to think how good he might've been.....playing this well in his 30s.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I actually think Pacman's off-the-field issues have helped him play this long. The guy has missed over 3 years worth of football games between college and the NFL due to off-the-field issues.

Age is just a number...the wear and tear means a lot more. As long as a guy keeps in shape, keep nutrition and lifestyle stuff very strict, you can easily be in tip top shape until 35 or so.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:54 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I actually think Pacman's off-the-field issues have helped him play this long.  The guy has missed over 3 years worth of football games between college and the NFL due to off-the-field issues.

Age is just a number...the wear and tear means a lot more.  As long as a guy keeps in shape, keep nutrition and lifestyle stuff very strict, you can easily be in tip top shape until 35 or so.

Agree, you just wonder how much of a mental tole it took on him.  All the law suits, arrests, and publicity had to have some effect.
Reply/Quote
dude deserves a raise hope he stays here for a few more years as well.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is an intense player and I'm glad to have him on the team. Sometimes his intensity gets him into trouble but at least he's more mature off the field these days. As for on the field...well its football.

He also is tied for 5th most interceptions in the league with 3. I never really thought of him as a ball hawk after his college years but he is getting some of that back.

Reply/Quote
I love the intensity. Got the heart of a champion going on.

That is one thing i thought was going to hold us back, but it looks like we have it.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Some guys would've folded after what Pacman went through. He clearly used it as motivation. Whatever works...
Reply/Quote
I am usually a guy who is in favor of giving a player a second chance. But I said there was no way in hell Jones would stay out of trouble when we signed him. He had messed up over and over and over again. In fact I am still afariad he will do something stupid at any moment. but there is no denying that he has arguably been the best signing thie team has made in a long, long time.
Reply/Quote
Best part about the Jones signing is that he had to try out twice to get signed.    

I remember Deion on NFL network Talking Him up and advocating to marvin and zim to sign him.  

Great story and glad he has his life in order.
Reply/Quote
He's one of the most important pieces on this roster, and considering the mild struggles we've seen from Dennard and Kirkpatrick I don't want to know what this secondary would look like without him.

Next time let's keep the helmet on the head though, eh? That should have been 15 yards.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is the classic case of a football player needing a father figure, and Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis have filled those roles allowing Jones to develop into a better person.
Reply/Quote