Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"I could see it in their eyes, mother-effing looking at each other."
(10-12-2015, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Adam Jones is the classic case of a football player needing a father figure, and Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis have filled those roles allowing Jones to develop into a better person.

I don't think so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You could see him willing this team back in it yesterday. Major part of the comeback !

Love ya Adam
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's scary to think how good he might've been.....playing this well in his 30s.

We need to finish the dance on the top. For Adam, Leon, Big Whit, and yes ML !
Reply/Quote
This D isn't going to get it done on talent alone. We have to have an unforgiving mentality. We have to have pride. We have to play with pride. Thanks Jones for not backing down.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "I could see it in their eyes, mother-effing looking at each other," Jones said. "We ain't got time to be looking at each other. We need to be lookin' at what the hell we need to do."

After that speech, for the next 35 minutes to end the game, the defense only gave up 62 yards.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/11/pacman-pulls-bengals-defense-together-sparks-offense/73535722/

His value to this team is immeasurable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Adam Jones is the classic case of a football player needing a father figure, and Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis have filled those roles allowing Jones to develop into a better person.

Completely agree.  He had to lose it all and be coached very hard by Zimmer early to make it all the way back.  Now, he plays like a man who would take a bullet for his team. 
Reply/Quote
Jones passion and intensity has sold me. I too was one that didn't care for the signing, and hated the annual off field drama (albeit small things), but you can't deny his passion and intensity he brings to the team. He's clearly family. And the team is better off with him around.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:16 PM)treee Wrote: I don't think so.

Then you're blind and biased.  He clearly is a better person, but that doesn't make him a good person.  He still has issues, and he still has the potential to be an issue, but if you can't see that he's better than the person he was 5 years ago then you haven't been paying attention.
Reply/Quote
I hope Jones stays a Bengal until retirement.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: Then you're blind and biased.  He clearly is a better person, but that doesn't make him a good person.  He still has issues, and he still has the potential to be an issue, but if you can't see that he's better than the person he was 5 years ago then you haven't been paying attention.

One thing I admire about him is putting all his sins out there on front street in order to  maybe stop some other young guy from following that kind of path.  Trying to make somebody else a better person is definitely a big step on the road to being a good person.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The guy is a brave heart.   Owns his stuff without losing his courage or his passion.  Loves the game, his team and his coach.  I hope before it's all done he'll love this city too.

I love the guy
Reply/Quote
It is great to hear he was actively pulling the team together like this, verbally. I already had credited him with returning momentum to our side with his play on the field (punt return in particular). All together his contribution was spectacular. Personally I also like that he didn't let the refs off easy with the fair catch nonsense. That display of emotion probably had more motivational value than the risk of penalty could offset. Some of the turnaround was fueled by negative emotions, the boos and anger over the calls being made. They used it like fuel.

I also agree with the father figure thing, at least in general. It doesn't have to be this exact "father" thought but role models and emotionally-stable leaders of some kind. None of us know for sure, but I think that is a correct observation.
Reply/Quote
He's our Ray Lewis. The motivator.
Reply/Quote
We would be a different team without Jones for sure.
Reply/Quote
Pac is not only intense when he is playing. He is completely into every aspect of the game, watching and cheering the offense onward, and running out to encourage special team players and everyone. You don't have to like his past behavior, but you've got to see his value now.

I'd say the only thing the coaches might like to change, is how liberally he dispenses advice to them, all through the game. Hahahaha!
Reply/Quote
I think I'll use those inspiring words in my wife's next Valentine's Day card.

"We ain't got time to be looking at each other. We need to be lookin' at what the hell we need to do."

[Image: th?id=OIP.Md98afc0ad12b23b214b42adb8aa83...=220&h=166]

That and a box of muther'ffin chocolates should get me some.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: Then you're blind and biased.  He clearly is a better person, but that doesn't make him a good person.  He still has issues, and he still has the potential to be an issue, but if you can't see that he's better than the person he was 5 years ago then you haven't been paying attention.

You sure you replied to the right post there bucko?
Reply/Quote
It is no secret that I strongly dislike Pacman Jones....but he's a solid corner, and he brings a fire to this team that cannot be replaced.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:24 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Other than past transgressions and some outbursts on the field, it's hard to not love everything else about how Adam Jones plays the game of football.  Maybe the best acquisition ever by this regime...

I believe you are correct. i was trying to think if there has been anyone better and really could think of anyone who has come close to Adam Jones.

Reply/Quote