Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I currently live in Minnesota
And it's kind of funny....

Vikings fans are very comparable to Bengals fans. After that unusual Wild Card weekend I headed into work yesterday and as soon as I got in one of my co-workers goes "Hey sorry man.... I feel your pain" lol. I went about my day discussing the games with my fellow Viking fans and all of them were in agreement that the Bengals got screwed in that game against the Steelers. They acknowledged that the Bengals did sort of give the game away, but they said the Steelers were obviously favored in that game. They also said the Bengals should have just kneeled it instead of trying to run with Hill. One of my co-workers was actually quite livid about Hill's fumble saying "Why the hell was that dude trying to run so hard on that play? Just take what you can get and go down. Don't try to run like you're Adrian Peterson..... oh wait, he did run like Adrian Peterson because that idiot fumbled the game away too". I was laughing so hard. They were also talking about how they feel both of our teams are cursed and how it's pretty much our fate to always be losers.

But yeah, it's kind of funny the way they joke around with me knowing I'm a Bengals fan. It's all very friendly. Stuff like "Hey how's Mike Zimmer, oh yeah we stole him" and "Got anymore garbage like Jerome Simpson you wanna give us?".
Reply/Quote
nice thanks for sharing, misery loves company!!

I felt so bad for the Vikings fans on Sunday, what a heart breaker
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:32 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: And it's kind of funny....

Vikings fans are very comparable to Bengals fans. After that unusual Wild Card weekend I headed into work yesterday and as soon as I got in one of my co-workers goes "Hey sorry man.... I feel your pain" lol. I went about my day discussing the games with my fellow Viking fans and all of them were in agreement that the Bengals got screwed in that game against the Steelers. They acknowledged that the Bengals did sort of give the game away, but they said the Steelers were obviously favored in that game. They also said the Bengals should have just kneeled it instead of trying to run with Hill. One of my co-workers was actually quite livid about Hill's fumble saying "Why the hell was that dude trying to run so hard on that play? Just take what you can get and go down. Don't try to run like you're Adrian Peterson..... oh wait, he did run like Adrian Peterson because that idiot fumbled the game away too". I was laughing so hard. They were also talking about how they feel both of our teams are cursed and how it's pretty much our fate to always be losers.

But yeah, it's kind of funny the way they joke around with me knowing I'm a Bengals fan. It's all very friendly. Stuff like "Hey how's Mike Zimmer, oh yeah we stole him" and "Got anymore garbage like Jerome Simpson you wanna give us?".
A close friend of mine from HS(I grew up in the sticks of upstate NY) has been a Vikings fan since we were kids.  We have commiserated on FB, each feeling the other's pain.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:32 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: And it's kind of funny....

My best friend is a Vikings fan and between him and Zimmer going there I've actually turned into a Viking kind of fan.  I don't go out of my way to cheer them on or anything, but I'll follow them and respect them.  Our two teams seem to have A LOT in common, especially being snake bitten franchises.  In fact, the only NFL game I've ever attended was in Minneapolis at the old Metro-Dome between the Brett Favre led Vikings and the Carson Palmer led Bengals.  They beat us, but I still had a good time.  Didn't get too much ribbing from their fans either and I was fully decked out in Orange and Black.  This past weekend was brutal for both fan bases.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Why couldn't Blair Walsh have been the steelers kicker?
Reply/Quote
Always believed in a losing culture in sports. See it all the time across the board, some teams just lose the big game time and time again, while others find it easy to win them. Just the way it is. Always got time for the Vikings and Minnesota in general, hope both of us can kick the losing habit one of these days
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why couldn't Blair Walsh have been the steelers kicker?

More importantly, why couldn't Jeff Locke be the holder?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: More importantly, why couldn't Jeff Locke be the holder?

Didn't he lace him twice in that game?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:32 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't he lace him twice in that game?

Yes, Walsh made the first one, but as well all know...

[Image: 55518927.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yes, Walsh made the first one, but as well all know...

[Image: 55518927.jpg]

A 27 yarder.  He should have been able to make that kicking the point of the ball off the ground.

But yeah, the only thing that guy'll be holding is an unemployment check.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: A 27 yarder.  He should have been able to make that kicking the point of the ball off the ground.

But yeah, the only thing that guy'll be holding is an unemployment check.

He made the 1st one because he kicked under the laces. I doubt he thought Locke would do it to him again.
Reply/Quote