Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd rather see Brandon Allen at QB than Finley
(11-23-2020, 11:17 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I will get hate for this but I think they should bring in Kaepernick. Clearly no other team is taking him so why not give him a shot. There is literally zero chance he would be worse than Finley, and they would be able to keep him on to start next year if need be and be a srviceable backup when Joe returns.

While the image of him getting shit mixed behind this O-line makes me chuckle, he has been out of the league too long to be a viable option in time for next week. By the time he is in game shape, clears Covid testing and gets the playbook down, the season would be in the final game or two. 

I'd be looking to bring Doelegalalalalala back from New England's practice squad. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There are no odds anywhere that says this. 

They were just discussing it at half time of the monday night game.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:30 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: They were just discussing it at half time of the monday night game.

I made the mistake of thinking big picture, league wide type stuff. But this is the Bengals we're talking about. I've already updated my thoughts. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I made the mistake of thinking big picture, league wide type stuff. But this is the Bengals we're talking about. I've already updated my thoughts. 
With this med staff I hope we see him before 2024. Feel bad for the kid.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Reasoning: This season is toast and we are waiting for Burrow now. We already know what Finley is (trash). Why not look at Allen and figure out if he is a viable backup in the longer term?

Finley is the perfect Quarterback we need at this particular time.Need to tank rest of season and go for the #1 overall draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:51 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Finley is the perfect Quarterback we need at this particular time.Need to tank rest of season and go for the #1 overall draft pick.

Not happening. Here’s who the Jets and Jags have remaining:

Jags: Browns, Vikings, Titans, Ravens, Bears, Colts

Jets: Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats

Even with the playoff teams resting starters I don’t see very good odds there. Picking 3rd is probably the most likely scenario.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Should’ve kept Andy Dalton and sacrificed him to the gods behind this Oline while letting burrow sit a year.

Monday morning quarterback
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Should’ve kept Andy Dalton and sacrificed him to the gods behind this Oline while letting burrow sit a year.

Nah, that's bullshit. Dalton was a good soldier, he'd already taken his beatings behind Son of Paul's shit show on ice olines the last 4 years. He didn't deserve it anymore than Burrow did. Less actually. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:17 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I will get hate for this but I think they should bring in Kaepernick. Clearly no other team is taking him so why not give him a shot. There is literally zero chance he would be worse than Finley, and they would be able to keep him on to start next year if need be and be a srviceable backup when Joe returns.

Washed up malcontent, give it a rest..... I'd rather see Steve Grogan come of retirement with his neck roll than watch that clown.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Many times I find myself defending Bengal players who are average or above average not because they are great players, but because they are being called "total garbage" or "the worst in the league".  But with Finley I got nothing.  There are 52 QBs who have at least 90 pass attempts since 2019.  Here is how Finley ranks among them

Completion%.....52nd (The only one to complete fewer than 50% of his passes)
Yds/Att.............51st
Sack%..............51st
Passer Rating....50th
Win%...............48th (actually in a five way tie for last in the league at .000%)
TD%................48th
Int%................40th

Even though he only has 97 attempts (50th in league) he did manage to throw a pick 6 in that limited playing time.

And for a final cherry on top, this year Carson Wentz has fumbled more times than any QB in the league.  He fumbles once every 70.3 snaps played.  Finley has fumbled ones every 52 snaps he has played.
Reply/Quote