Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I didn't get to see the game today.
Can anyone tell me who was in charge of covering Cooper Kupp?? Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can anyone tell me who was in charge of covering Cooper Kupp??  Mellow

I didn't see it either, but listening to it on the radio I'm going to go with nobody
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can anyone tell me who was in charge of covering Cooper Kupp??  Mellow

Devin Bush on the short stuff and Dre Jerkpatrick on the deeper stuff.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't see it either, but listening to it on the radio I'm going to go with nobody

That’s the only answer I came up with — and I did see the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Devin Bush on the short stuff and Dre Jerkpatrick on the deeper stuff.

Well, that explains everything.  I kept seeing highlights of Kupp making catches in the middle of the field, and running wild afterward.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the only answer I came up with — and I did see the game.
I did hear where Webb fell down on Kupp's TD. I also heard we had 3 easy turnovers that we missed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did hear where Webb fell down on Kupp's TD. I also heard we had 3 easy turnovers that we missed. 

I did see on NFL Redzone, where they were making a blooper of the sure interception that went through Vigil's hands, and then was bobbled and dropped by two other Bengal defenders.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

This explains it! You were!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This explains it! You were!

Nah, this afternoon I was in charge of making sure the 4 Locos didn't over ferment.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did hear where Webb fell down on Kupp's TD. I also heard we had 3 easy turnovers that we missed. 
True and true. Fell on flea flicker plus shallow linebacker depth was exploited over the middle under safeties. Three interceptions dropped.
Reply/Quote
Tate played his ass off today.

About the only bright spot on this team's offense.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Tate played his ass off today.

About the only bright spot on this team's offense.

Mixon showed a flicker of hope. Boyd was more in the game and Andy threw for over 300 yds. Goodbye Finley hope. 0-16.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mixon showed a flicker of hope. Boyd was more in the game and Andy threw for over 300 yds. Goodbye Finley hope. 0-16.

Haha. Yes - Dalton plays just well enough to keep his job...
Reply/Quote
The Rams ran this play where they saw the Bengals in cover 2 shell, ran hitch routes in the middle right zones and ran Kupp over the middle deep (behind the linebackers). The hitch routes pulled the linebackers up, leaving the middle of the field wide open.

Realistically, the middle zone defender probably didn't need to stick at the 10 yard mark, but did to help the other two linebackers, allowing Kupp to get ~30 yards before the safeties up top got to him.

They ran that play at least twice on the same drive. They may have ran it a few more times on top of that.
Reply/Quote
Same old same old. Daltons still under center padding his stats at the end of the game that's out of reach.. compared to his piss poor performance all season besides week 1 this game looked great on paper, but he is still terrible. Same overthrows. Same gritting teeth like he needs more time in the league to make throws, same hip hip hooray attitude, same smile, same loser mentality, same stand in the pocket and dont move and either throw it away or look for a place to fall so you dont take a hit style of play. Same girl leading the offense.
Reply/Quote

I think Lou tried to get Hubbard to cover him on that one 40 some yarder.

It was 3rd & 10, Bengals only down by 7 at this point. 
Goff goes back to pass, looks around, sees only 3 Bengals failing in a pass rush.
He pulls out his phone to send some tweets, then puts phone back.
Looks downfield seeing Hubbard streaking down the other way, and there was Kupp way down there and heaves a perfect ball to him, something Bengal fans havent seen since Carson. 
1st down, soon to go up by 14.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Rams ran this play where they saw the Bengals in cover 2 shell, ran hitch routes in the middle right zones and ran Kupp over the middle deep (behind the linebackers). The hitch routes pulled the linebackers up, leaving the middle of the field wide open.

Realistically, the middle zone defender probably didn't need to stick at the 10 yard mark, but did to help the other two linebackers, allowing Kupp to get ~30 yards before the safeties up top got to him.

They ran that play at least twice on the same drive. They may have ran it a few more times on top of that.

They were showing the game live on the BBC here in the U.K...so my 14 year old daughter ended up watching her first ever NFL game with me.

Even she was saying 'why are they letting no.18 just catch it right in the middle every time?'   Wink
Reply/Quote

Nobody, you can't keep up with that guy

Who's gonna make a tackle - nobody
Who's gonna get a sack - nobody
Who's gonna show some heart on defense - nobody
Who's gonna get an int. - nobody

Son of a .......... is all over the field !
Reply/Quote

Well, Tony McRae was normally within 10-15 yards of him so if that counts as coverage it was him.

Williams and Bates were then trying to help him out but he was still getting free.

The LB were way too shallow and the safeties way too deep...honestly the space Kupp had at times in the middle was embarrassing and as we did nothing to adjust they just kept going to him
Reply/Quote