Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I didn't get to watch the game
Due to work responsibilities, I was unable to do anything except keep an eye on the score. Those of you that saw it, can you recap the game with special emphasis on how both lines did and the other areas we've all been talking about this season. Bear in mind, I've now seen the highlights.

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Same ol' Bengals.

Same Ol' Browns.

Shawn Williams got a pick only to give it back via strip fumble. Hilarious.
Reply/Quote
The run block itself was the best it has been all season and even seemed improved schematically but there were still a few run plays where the design of it just had a lineback shooting through the A or B gap and tackling the RB before he even had to chance to react. Zamp and Alexander need to fix that because it dramatically reduces the chances statistically of a 3rd and short.

It was nice seeing Eifert out there running around for a few plays. Hopefully he's starting to get back into the full-go mindset and can help us make a couple plays against the Redskins.

Andy did a good job standing in the pocket. I've noticed a couple games this year he'll get rattled up early and then start running out of the pocket a full second sooner than necessary. That was not the case today and his pocket presence was pretty good.

Something motivated Hill more than normal today. I'm thinking it may have been playing against Hue. Who knows, but he looked great. Had plenty of room to run today and he looked motivated. Even did a quick little dance after a TD. It was good to see. Here is to hoping he can keep gettomg back to that mentality he had as a rookie, because when he goes there he can run on any Defense.

I'm very concerned about our Rush Defense. This is our biggest weakness this year and will easily be our downfall if we don't improve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We had 11 hits on the QB but it still seemed like we didn't have any pass rush and we had an impossible time stoping the zone read. Mj was not playing with discipline at all. I seriously wonder if Guenther has lost the Defensive lockerroom because there not playing up to their ability. LB play was atrocious as well. Vinny Rey is our best LB right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati almost let a rookie quarterback beat us with his legs.
Reply/Quote
O

Ced O continues to disappoint. He is so bad that when Dunlap got a QB sack the announcer mis-identified the Brown's RT as Ced

Bodine has another solid game

Boling is our best Olineman

D

Carlos had his usual good game

Hunt continues to be solid

Geno has disappeared
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati almost let a rookie quarterback beat us with his legs.

Come on man! Almost wasn't even close today!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:55 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Same ol' Bengals.

Same Ol' Browns.

Shawn Williams got a pick only to give it back via strip fumble. Hilarious.

That accurately sums up his starting career so far. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: O

Ced O continues to disappoint. He is so bad that when Dunlap got a QB sack the announcer mis-identified the Brown's RT as Ced

D

Geno has disappeared

I'm guessing Ced didn't get benched this time?  Whatever That's depressing. I didn't get to see the game either. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
a little over a minute and two time outs and we have the ball before halftime. As you guessed Marvin was more than willing to run out the clock. Multiple runs in a row up the middle. And even Hue jackson calling a time out because he thought they could get the ball back with time. We lucked into a first down. And the hometown crowd viciously booing Marvin's lack of ball sack ended up in a hail mary lucky TD that turned the tide of the game. Other than that and Hills long TD run Marvin was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. If it werent for luck and knocking out their starting QB.... Woulda been a lot closer.
Reply/Quote

D

Geno has disappeared
Geno knocked the starting quarterback out of the game.
Reply/Quote
You missed the greatest claps. He did the kind of claps where the fingers line up as opposed to the perpendicular clap he usually goes to. It was fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:00 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Geno knocked the starting quarterback out of the game.

Peko was responsible for the concussion
Reply/Quote

D

Geno has disappeared

This but add the D-ends not staying home/run defense not so good, run game got going, and AJ Green is not human pretty much sums it up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
D made horrid "high school-esque" arm tackles early.

D redeemed itself later.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thanks guys.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:28 PM)J24 Wrote: We had 11 hits on the QB but it still seemed like we didn't have any pass rush and we had an impossible time  stoping the zone read. Mj was not playing with discipline at all. I seriously wonder if Guenther has lost the Defensive lockerroom because there not playing up to their ability. LB play was atrocious as well. Vinny Rey is our best LB right now.

This one nails it...all truths.  If the offense hadn't shown up in big fashion today, the Browns could have just ground out the game because the Bengals defense was getting gashed on the ground.  A couple quick screens to stretch the defense wide, then pounded the defense with their rushing attack.  

Shawn Williams was used on a couple safety blitzes and he got one sack and the other didn't get a sack but he blew up the QB well.  He shot in there like his hair was on fire.  First time I can remember them doing a safety blitz, at least this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This one nails it...all truths.  If the offense hadn't shown up in big fashion today, the Browns could have just ground out the game because the Bengals defense was getting gashed on the ground.  A couple quick screens to stretch the defense wide, then pounded the defense with their rushing attack.  

Shawn Williams was used on a couple safety blitzes and he got one sack and the other didn't get a sack but he blew up the QB well.  He shot in there like his hair was on fire.  First time I can remember them doing a safety blitz, at least this year.  
Yup. Paulie better learn to dial those in. Against greater competition we're gonna get killed if he gives the QB that much time. 

Look I know that you can't blitz blitz blitz... but if you have players back in coverage getting beat, you have to re-evaluate your strategy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati almost let a rookie quarterback beat us with his legs.

The game really wasnt that close... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The game really wasnt that close... 

Thanks to AJ Green. That TD before the half really was the game breaker IMO. Would of been a respectable 17-14 at half. Plus, Browns offense did win TOP, had a shade below .500 third down conversion, and avg a gaudy 6.9 yards per rush. They didn't get smashed, but big plays really killed them. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote