Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don’t get it
Why would anybody buy a bmw Mercedes Benz or a mustang? If your going to go all out then go all out don’t half ass it. Buy a Ferrari a Bugatti etc I see bmws mustangs and Mercedes Benz everywhere their not head turners.
Reply/Quote
Also what’s the deal with everybody having kids they grow up and hate you when they get older anyway
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:33 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Why would anybody buy a bmw Mercedes Benz or a mustang? If your going to go all out then go all out don’t half ass it. Buy a Ferrari a Bugatti etc I see bmws mustangs and Mercedes Benz everywhere their not head turners.

I always thought a bmw & Benz's > Mustangs.  ????

I don't want a Ferrari or a Bugatti.

I'd rather have a Chevy Traverse or a GMC Acadia.   AWD, of course. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:33 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Why would anybody buy a bmw Mercedes Benz or a mustang? If your going to go all out then go all out don’t half ass it. Buy a Ferrari a Bugatti etc I see bmws mustangs and Mercedes Benz everywhere their not head turners.

Lot to break up here. First two of the three things you named are not the same as the other. Mercedes and BMW are luxury brands, Mustang is a cheap muscle car in the Ford Brand. The common Mercedes and BMW's you see every where are from the C class and 300 series and it is because they are relatively affordable. BMW and Mercedes aren't a specific car and to be fair you don't see a ton of the much more expensive versions because a lot less people can afford them. The jump from what you named as being everywhere, to what you recommend people get is about 2x-3x price difference. The people with the higher level Mercedes or BMW's may be able to purchase lower level vehicles in those brands, the 300 series and C class folks most likely can't afford it. In reality a 300 series BMW or C class Mercedes is going to be between 40k-50k depending on model and options. It's not nearly the status symbol people want it to be.

I'll agree, not sure why anyone would buy a mustang though haha. 
Reply/Quote

The easy answer is apples to oranges.  Instead I will say that the "non head turners" cost less than 6 figures.  Really about 20% or less of the cost of the other two brands mentioned.

A similar comparison question: Why do people buy 2000 sq ft homes instead of purchasing a mall to live in?
Reply/Quote
Why would anyone drive a car period? Sack up and get a truck and a Harley.

Vaginas...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:05 PM)jason Wrote: Why would anyone drive a car period? Sack up and get a truck and a Harley.

Vaginas...

Ain't no mystery
Reply/Quote
Everyone knows that the BMW is the king of douchey automobiles. Duh..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:38 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Also what’s the deal with everybody having kids they grow up and hate you when they get older anyway

Especially if you drive a Mustang, BMW, or Mercedes. Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:05 PM)jason Wrote: Why would anyone drive a car period? Sack up and get a truck and a Harley.

Vaginas...

Took the words right out of my mouth!! 
Reply/Quote
Never have had the desire to get a flashy head turning car and will stick to my pick-up truck.

But if I did it would be a 1967 Corvette, the first year of the 427 engine and believe the last year they had those hoods, incredible vehicle.

If going new ? Am still going to stay American and get a Tesla and start the electric part of my life.

More than likely will have a truck the rest of my life though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bro......you jumped from a 50-100k (depending on model) car to one that costs 3.1 million. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I still remember thinking, for the price of a new car, especially one of the high end, expensive brands I could buy 100 used junkers and have them parked all over town. When one stopped running just leave it and use the other one parked a block away. That's of course assuming you want to walk around with 100 keys every time you leave the house..
Example..For the price of a new $50,000 car I could get 100 $500 cars and I've owned a lot of decent running $500 cars in my life. What does a $50,000 car do that a $500 car doesn't do other than look prettier and probably last longer, but not $45,500 times prettier or $45,500 longer. 
Keep in mind this was back when you could still buy decent running cars for $500 or less. My favorite cheap car I ever owned was a 74 Toyota Celica. I drove the wheels off that car and finally sold it to some guy who just wanted the engine, the 18RC to put in his old Toyota pickup.. That was back when you could still use the same engine in several different models.. That was also back when I was ridiculed for owning a "rice burner" and I also won a lot of bets when guys thought their old Bonneville's could outrun my little rice burner..lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote