Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I don’t get the burrow or Bust thing?
(02-10-2020, 02:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Jordan love played the 9th ranked defense in Michigan state and went 29-44 for 320 yards in a 38-31 loss.
I would expect him to sit 2020 and start 2021
Is megatron?

Lol, Love had no TD's and 2 picks in that Michigan State game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 04:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Again watch the 2018 tape. He does show exactly all of that.

MAybe, but a QB doesn't lose those things just because of the talent around him.  You don't lose pocket presence if you have a bad line, if anything, it magnifies the ability to deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 04:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Again watch the 2018 tape. He does show exactly all of that.

The tape shows a guy playing against weak competition compared to Burrow.

The tape shows a guy throwing 2 picks and no TD's against the best competition he faced in Michigan State.

The tape shows a guy throwing into double and triple coverage....

Burrow lit up the best Defenses in college football literally. I don't get the comparison at all.

Tua is the only QB to compare Burrow to and he is hurt and may never play a snap.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The tape shows a guy playing against weak competition compared to Burrow.

The tape shows a guy throwing 2 picks and no TD's against the best competition he faced in Michigan State.

The tape shows a guy throwing into double and triple coverage....

Burrow lit up the best Defenses in college football literally. I don't get the comparison at all.

Tua is the only QB to compare Burrow to and he is hurt and may never play a snap.

News is his hip has healed successfully, which I'm honestly happy for the young man. He will probably do a throwing session soon to show off his arm and probably have a billion tests done at the combine. I'm confident he will play in the nfl now but not sure if that will happen his rookie year yet 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:43 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: News is his hip has healed successfully, which I'm honestly happy for the young man. He will probably do a throwing session soon to show off his arm and probably have a billion tests done at the combine. I'm confident he will play in the nfl now but not sure if that will happen his rookie year yet 

Me too

I hope he fully recovers and has a good career. But I just can't trust that he will given the history.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:43 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: News is his hip has healed successfully, which I'm honestly happy for the young man. He will probably do a throwing session soon to show off his arm and probably have a billion tests done at the combine. I'm confident he will play in the nfl now but not sure if that will happen his rookie year yet 

(02-12-2020, 01:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too

I hope he fully recovers and has a good career. But I just can't trust that he will given the history.

That is good news for Tua, hope he can play in the NFL but man he has had some injuries as BF74 here says.
Reply/Quote
Good news for the Dolphins.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 02:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Good news for the Dolphins.

No doubt lol
Reply/Quote
Seeing people online suggesting he won’t even make it to 5. I could maybe see Detroit taking him, but another team actually trading up to 2 or 4? Talk about risky...

Reply/Quote
When you have the #1OA pick and need a franchise QB, your best option is to take a franchise QB there. WTS, the only other scenario I would be okay with, is taking Chase Young and then grabbing a QB at the top of the 2nd, be it Love, Eason or Fromm. With all draft prospects, there is a potential of busting, so I try not to get too married to “my guys”. Last time I did that was Michael Oher, I learned my lesson.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 08:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: When you have the #1OA pick and need a franchise QB, your best option is to take a franchise QB there. WTS, the only other scenario I would be okay with, is taking Chase Young and then grabbing a QB at the top of the 2nd, be it Love, Eason or Fromm. With all draft prospects, there is a potential of busting, so I try not to get too married to “my guys”. Last time I did that was Michael Oher, I learned my lesson.

I'm pretty high on eason. I hope he develops into the player I think he can be.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 08:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: Nope, but he has a much better shot than Luck. Calvin Johnson started 135 games while Luck only started 86. Luck's career was simply too short without any real distinguishable statistics or achievements other than the title of "Best prospect since John Elway". Calvin Johnson was a 3 time first team all pro, Luck was never a first team all-pro. Career receiving yards Calvin Johnson is 31st, Andrew Luck is 85th in career passing yards. Calvin Johnson is 22nd in career receiving touchdowns, luck is 68th in career passing touchdowns.

Absolutely zero chance Andrew Luck makes it into the Hall of Fame.

Luck has a shot because he was generally considered a top 5 QB during his career. It will be hard for him but not impossible.
As for Megatron that's easy yes the guy was the best WR in football for a decade I don't think it's even a question.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: Luck has a shot because he was generally considered a top 5 QB during his career. It will be hard for him but not impossible.
As for Megatron that's easy yes the guy was the best WR in football for a decade I don't think it's even a question.

You can't be serious ? Luck has a shot like I have a shot at winning the lottery for 250 million.

Carson Palmer has 46,247 yards passing, is he going in ?

Drew Bledsoe has 44,611, is he going in ?

Boomer Esiason has 37,920 Tony Romo 34,183. You could go on and on. Luck doesn't even register.

Luck has a career rating of 89.5 and a playoff rating of 73.4 with 12 TD's and 13 Int's with a record of 4-4 having made the AFCCG once and getting smoked by the Pats 7-45

Only way Luck has any chance is to come back and have like 5 great seasons.
Reply/Quote
Why are all of Loves highlights nothing but deep balls?

Like ok he has a good arm and has touch, but if that's all he can do well then I'm concerned with drafting him.

I'd rather take Eason on day 2. He throws short routes as well as deep balls. Has a cannon too.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 12:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Genuinely want to get it, but. I’m not in love with him. Could he end up being elite? Sure. But I see him in that Matt stafford cam newton 6-9 nfl qb type range. I see love also in that range but that’s not point of post. Burrow could also bust hard. If ur offered 3-4 1st round picks. U take it. Even if they’re not all this year. That’s means u have 8 1st round picks over next 4 years. U take that all day. U don’t risk it all for one player. Also tell me a qb besides Andrew luck who came into a bad situation and immediately turned it around. Pat mahomes? No they went 12-4 the year they drafted him surrounded by talent. Deshaun Watson? Try again. Surrounded by talent. Lamar jackson? Surrounded by talent. I could go down the list but.... pin the being we need as many high picks as we can be aside despite being optimistic about free agency, we are probably doing the same shit. If that’s the case, if we don’t trade back we’re what? Minimum  3 years away from actually contending. While joe could be great, he could also bust and if u get a blown away offer u have to take it.

You don't get it.  Get this.  AJ Green & Andy Dalton are probably gone in free agency.  This is as Carson & Chad leaving after 2010.  In came Dalton & Green.   Now in 2020, they have drafted Boyd & Ross already.   The Heisman Trophy winner, SEC winner, National Championship winner, the guy that broke a lot of NCAA passing records WILL become a Bengal.  If you still don't get it,  Burrow scores a lot of points and Bengals score no points.  Bengals needs points on the board.  If you still don't get it,  PB Stadium has more empty seats than any NFL city.  Money is a factor.  The Heisman quarterback will sell season tickets the moment he is drafted, and help fill the money making luxury suits.  Bengals better start getting money spending customers in the stands or they will have to move to another city or go out of business all together. 

Bengals will never get a Mike Ditka deal again.  Plus this is no Akili Smith.  Burrow is about as sure of a pick as you can get.  Boomer says take him and I think Carson says take him, and they know quarterbacking in the NFL.   I agree they will need more of a team around him.  Bengals do draft 1st in every round.   2 is like a 1, and 3 is like a 2.  Bengals need to grab a TOP Offensive Tackle to bookend with Jonah Williams.  They need to grab a TOP 4-3 Linebacker who can make plays sideline to sideline against run and pass.  Burrow and these 2 guys by the 1st pick in 3.  That's a good draft. 

Some of you fans need to stop kicking the can down the road looking to drafts years ahead every year.  Some saying Bengals should go 0-16 every year for the Draft.  The draft fans may like that.  The game fans won't.  The stadium will be empty and this team will fold or move. No Fans, No Money, No Team.   Bring the Heisman quarterback in NOW.   This is NOT just any other college quarterback.  People that don't know the difference between getting Burrow from McCarron or Finley would never be smart enough to draft a Marino or Peyton Manning.  Get this Heisman scoring machine in here NOW.  If he had flopped in Play-Offs, but he didn't   HE WON THE BIG GAMES, something else Bengals never do.  Many reasons to add scoring points and winning big games to this team in Burrow, Joe Heisman. 

PS : Burrow was coached in an NFL Saints type offense at LSU. He grew up in Ohio and went to Ohio State, so he knows Ohio football weather. He comes in already knowing an NFL offense and a hurry up offense. He is great in 2 minute drill winning games. He comes in ready to go. Yes, he will have to learn the NFL, but suit him up and get him in there. He could be our Mahomes. Get him in here.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You can't be serious ? Luck has a shot like I have a shot at winning the lottery for 250 million.

Carson Palmer has 46,247 yards passing, is he going in ?

Drew Bledsoe has 44,611, is he going in ?

Boomer Esiason has 37,920 Tony Romo 34,183. You could go on and on. Luck doesn't even register.

Luck has a career rating of 89.5 and a playoff rating of 73.4 with 12 TD's and 13 Int's with a record of 4-4 having made the AFCCG once and getting smoked by the Pats 7-45

Only way Luck has any chance is to come back and have like 5 great seasons.

He was a consistent top 5 QB and he took a bunch of Colts teams that had no business being in the playoffs to the playoffs. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:31 PM)J24 Wrote: He was a consistent top 5 QB and he took a bunch of Colts teams that had no business being in the playoffs to the playoffs. 

That's not really worthy of the HOF though.
At least get your team to the Super Bowl if you aren't going to have a long career of great statistical production.
Not getting into HOF not being even in the Top 75 in passing yards and not making a Super Bowl.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:31 PM)J24 Wrote: He was a consistent top 5 QB and he took a bunch of Colts teams that had no business being in the playoffs to the playoffs. 

Which is not HoF material. The NFL Hall of Fame is about accomplishments these are Andrew Lucks accomplishments:

4x Pro Bowl 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018
NFL Comeback Player of the Year 2018
NFL Passing Touchdown Leader 2014
Lost 1 AFC Championship Game.

Let's stack that up against another QB that isn't in the HoF...Kenny Anderson:

4x Pro Bowler 1975, 1976, 1981, 1982
First Team All-Pro 1981
2x Second Team All-Pro 1974, 1975
NFL MVP 1981
NFL Offensive Player of the Year 1981
NFL Comeback Player of the Year 1981
NFL Man of the Year 1975
2x NFL Passing Leader 1974, 1975
4x NFL Passer Rating Leader 1974, 1975, 1981, 1982
3x NFL Completion Percentage Leader 1974, 1982, 1983
1 AFC Championship Game win in iconic NFL Game Freezer Bowl
1 Superbowl Loss

(1 Superbowl Win as Assistant Coach)

If Kenny Anderson can't make it into the Hall of Fame Andrew Luck doesn't have a shot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Which is not HoF material. The NFL Hall of Fame is about accomplishments these are Andrew Lucks accomplishments:

4x Pro Bowl 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018
NFL Comeback Player of the Year 2018
NFL Passing Touchdown Leader 2014
Lost 1 AFC Championship Game.

Let's stack that up against another QB that isn't in the HoF...Kenny Anderson:

4x Pro Bowler 1975, 1976, 1981, 1982
First Team All-Pro 1981
2x Second Team All-Pro 1974, 1975
NFL MVP 1981
NFL Offensive Player of the Year 1981
NFL Comeback Player of the Year 1981
NFL Man of the Year 1975
2x NFL Passing Leader 1974, 1975
4x NFL Passer Rating Leader 1974, 1975, 1981, 1982
3x NFL Completion Percentage Leader 1974, 1982, 1983
1 AFC Championship Game win in iconic NFL Game Freezer Bowl
1 Superbowl Loss

(1 Superbowl Win as Assistant Coach)

If Kenny Anderson can't make it into the Hall of Fame Andrew Luck doesn't have a shot.

The HoF for QB's is really pretty simple.  Did you win a SB?  If not, did you set multiple career passing records?  If not, see ya later.

Luck as a HoF'er is a sad joke.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: Luck has a shot because he was generally considered a top 5 QB during his career. It will be hard for him but not impossible.

Nah, Luck has no shot. He wasn't a top 5 QB while he played and honestly he had some good years but he never even made a 1st team all pro. No QB is getting in without a Super Bowl (not even an AFC Title), MVP or 1st team All Pro. He will go down as a good player who could have been better.

Calvin has a chance, but I think he is going to run into an issue of a player back log and then an ensuing wave of QB's. Only 4-8 can get in each year and I think that is what is working against him. I think you also have the problem that Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Brandon Marshall all also have statistical arguments to be in the HoF from the same era.
Reply/Quote