1. Utts
2. Sled21
3. Leonardfan40
Reply/Quote
Jim Owczarski‏Verified account
@JimOwczarski
Following Following @JimOwczarski
More
Marvin Lewis says it’s more complicated than just Mike Brown asking him to come back, but he said he would like to coach the #Bengals in 2018.

8:12 PM - 31 Dec 2017

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe he wants more player and coach control
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope the old man thinks long and hard about extending Marvin. PBS will be a ghost town if he does.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Please no. This team needs a complete coaching staff change as the only real way to change its attitude.
Reply/Quote
I don't know here...

The network said that the Bills had the longest postseason drought of any team in the 4 major American sports, all the way back to 1999!

That drought has been ended by a miraculous play. That play would have been classic had any team made it, but when you consider how it goes against every trend we've established in very many games the last fifteen years, it boggles the mind at the sheer odds that must have been overcome to witness that miracle.

When you consider the team that made that miracle happen and then the historical event that it caused, there is only one thing we can conclude:

The curse of Bo Jackson has been atoned for! Shocked Dancing
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:18 PM)pally Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account
@JimOwczarski
More
Marvin Lewis says it’s more complicated than just Mike Brown asking him to come back, but he said he would like to coach the #Bengals in 2018.

Sounds like it’s exacrly what Lap said it was..... Mike is looking at whothe coordinators will be under whichever Head Coach he chooses. I would imagine wholesale offensive changes coming at the very least. Urban might be the only one who makes it.
Reply/Quote
I don't know.. There have been times I wanted to sneak up behind Marv to kneecap him and others he has really deserved his props..  I still blame the old man for this teams failure. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. Utts
2. Sled21
3. Leonardfan40

2funny
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’d only want Marvin back if Mike gives Marvin full control
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. Utts
2. Sled21
3. Leonardfan40

I’m famous!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’d only want Marvin back if Mike gives Marvin full control

Don’t hold your breath!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I don't want him back, way past time for a change. You know, there are times when I get soooo tired of hearing about Mike Brown and "control" of whatever. C'mon people, we have no real idea of what the head coach can do in regards to anything because of what the owner says they can or cannot do.Whatever Mike Brown does has little if anything to do with why a coach brings a squad onto the field that may or may not show up any given game. The highs like today are awesome, but the lows are intolerable for me. Coach should have been replaced after our first home stand this year,imo.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hope ML goes elsewhere, no more apathetic clapping on the sidelines.
We need a head coach that preps our team for games,cuts down on dumb penalties,properly coaches up talented athletic smart players, believes in adjustments,makes changes as needed to staff or roster,knows how to win.
Pipe dreams huh ?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:18 PM)pally Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account
@JimOwczarski
More

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Like I've been saying, Marv is very comfortable in his spot. He just didn't like not having his extension ahead of time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’d only want Marvin back if Mike gives Marvin full control

I'd just like to know how to know if that is even happening. They are pretty hush hush about inner workings. 

The only way I wouldn't feel completely let down and even heartbroken about Marvin coming back if it was for something like GM or similar. Im not an extreme Marvin hater. Just feel like his time has come and gone here as HC. He did some great things here and got us out of the losing ways of the 90's. Much credit for that. He's not going to get us any further though. 
Reply/Quote

Which is why he won't be back.  The front office had a lot to do with the failures this year.  I'm guessing that Marvin pushed to get Whit back and was told that a one year contract was all that would be offered.

I'm thinking he wants a bigger voice in that type of decision, and he will not get control of that and he will walk.

I think they've toyed with the idea of him stepping into Mike Brown's position eventually.  This would lose Lewis for that...
Reply/Quote
This is an absolute joke, they are MIDDLE SCHOOL coaches with much shorter leashes than this man, unreal! He would of been kicked out the door at most High Schools with zero playoff wins in 15 years! undeniably unbelievable.
Reply/Quote