Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think it can be understated
(09-11-2019, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Obviously, it has to be for the same reason that Marvin didn't like winning games by a wide margin of points.  It's just not gentlemanly and sporting to try to rush down there and score, right before the buzzer..   Ninja

you know you put that ninja there... But...….  You might not need it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Dehner's search took both time remaining and the starting spot on the field into account. I believe he searched for something like "drives with 75+ yards to go and <60 seconds on the clock", just like the Bengals faced at that moment in the Seattle game. This one wouldn't have shown up because it was a shorter distance.

FWIW

Bengals started on their own 15 with 1:03 on the clock, so you have to give kind of give credit. The first 2 plays were runs by Gio, the 2nd being a first down. From that point it was 1st and 10 from their own 26 with 0:47 seconds on the clock. Two passes got them to Clevelands 49 with 0:20 seconds left. 

So...one time in 16 years? That's an outlier and in true Marv fashion he started the drive with 2 runs to 'see what he could get'. Very conservative. It wasn't a pass, pass, pass with the intent to score. 

Though, i would say that in those 16 years, Marv did attempt to be aggressive at the end of the half--it just didn't work. I'm confident saying that because i can recall thinking that it was out of the norm for him, even though the outcome wasn't a score. 

One more note on the Cleveland play...it was a home game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
One more thing, that i just can't let go...

I think the word you are looking for is, "overstated".  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I would like to add that the score at the half was a bomb right after the safety was knocked out of the game for awhile.

You rarely saw Marvin take advantage of a newer/lesser player just coming onto the field.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The Bengals had the slowest offensive pace in the AFC over the last 3 years.

Blame Marv
Blame the OC
Blame Dalton

All of them were problems.

At least Zac is intelligent enough to understand how to run a 2019 offense.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is no longer affiliated with the NFL team known as the Cincinnati Bengals. You guys are amazing.

WTS, I did see Zac scratch his ass with his left hand and then with his right. Marvin would have only used his right.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 08:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin Lewis is no longer affiliated with the NFL team known as the Cincinnati Bengals. You guys are amazing.

WTS, I did see Zac scratch his ass with his left hand and then with his right. Marvin would have only used his right.

Did he sniff it like the German soccer coach?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One more thing, that i just can't let go...

I think the word you are looking for is, "overstated".  Ninja

Or maybe I should have used the word "should" instead of "can".  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 08:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin Lewis is no longer affiliated with the NFL team known as the Cincinnati Bengals. You guys are amazing.

Why is it so hard to understand we have a new coach? There are going to be comparisons to the former for probably the rest of this season and some people are going to compare him for years after that.

I guarantee you if we had a brand new QB starting last week, you'd be comparing him to Dalton. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it can be understated just how important professional rock skipping is. The world championship is in some town in Scotland...maybe Macinack Island in Michigan.. I could've been a contender. I could have been somebody!  Now I'm too old and don't have the same spin I once had. I used to be able to skip rocks clear across the Great Miami river, but alas, distance isn't as important as the number of skips, something I was pretty good at as well. 
My ex had absolutely no concept of rock skipping. She was a kerplunker.. Straight in the water and dead on arrival.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is it so hard to understand we have a new coach? There are going to be comparisons to the former for probably the rest of this season and some people are going to compare him for years after that.

I guarantee you if we had a brand new QB starting last week, you'd be comparing him to Dalton. 

You make it sound as if Marvin no longer lives in the bitter hearts of Bengal fans everywhere. Have we not all borrowed seeds of sadness from the depths of football? Last seasons official song was Neil Young's Field of Opportunity. 

Never forget! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I guarantee you if we had a brand new QB starting last week, you'd be comparing him to Dalton. 

You’re advocating to bench dalton. Hot take
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That did suck. We'd run it to see if we popped a big run, which we didn't because everyone knew a run was coming. Then just kneel or run the clock out.

Since Carson all the way to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:59 AM)WhoDeyDelight Wrote: You’re advocating to bench dalton. Hot take

You seem to know alot about the people who post here for being a new guy with only a few posts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 11:20 AM)Synric Wrote: You seem to know alot about the people who post here for being a new guy with only a few posts.

Hu?
Reply/Quote

Yeah how dare someone make a post about our former coach sucking so bad at clock management!!!

We have already played the entirety of 1 game and these guys cant stop making comparisons!!

It's like they think this is a public forum or something and they can post whatever they want!!! 
Reply/Quote

OK, I'll stop talking about Marvin, you stop turning every thread into a Dalton thread.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote