Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand this glove thing....
Obviously, I guess a QB wants to be able to feel the ball with his bare hand. And I get they could not do that with an all leather glove. But are they not able to wear the receiver gloves with the plastic stuff on the palm. That stuff is like stick' em when you make contact with a leather ball. Personally, I could never throw a football worth a darn, so it's just something I wondered about. Any ex QB's out there?

[Image: lpz04flm2tkm2psvykrv.jpg]

[Image: me67mo0kot7etxgyrift.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Obviously, I guess a QB wants to be able to feel the ball with his bare hand. And I get they could not do that with an all leather glove. But are they not able to wear the receiver gloves with the plastic stuff on the palm. That stuff is like stick' em when you make contact with a leather ball. Personally, I could never throw a football worth a darn, so it's just something I wondered about. Any ex QB's out there?

Try to throw a curveball or slider with a glove, then try without.

I know it's a baseball, but to REALLY see the difference more-easily, throw a baseball. You will have your answer (it affects spin and grip and if you don't use one, you have to get used to it before you go full-time with it).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
What ‘glove thing’?

Burrow doesn’t wear a glove to throw.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:07 PM)OhioValley Wrote: What ‘glove thing’?

Burrow doesn’t wear a glove to throw.

That's my point. I know he doesn't like to, I just do not understand why when he could use a receiver glove that would enhance his grip on the ball. Like I said, I never played QB, so it's just a question.
Reply/Quote
ever have sex with a condom.

ever have sex without a condom.

feels different

...or so I'm told... one day, one day

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my point. I know he doesn't like to, I just do not understand why when he could use a receiver glove that would enhance his grip on the ball. Like I said, I never played QB, so it's just a question.

Better point; try to put booties or socks or something on dogs' feet, after 3-4 years of their life NEVER wearing them and see how they react.

It's all about feel and comfort and it takes a while to get used to it, if you've never done it before.

It's why Bridgewater uses one ALWAYS, regardless of weather.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Obviously, I guess a QB wants to be able to feel the ball with his bare hand. And I get they could not do that with an all leather glove. But are they not able to wear the receiver gloves with the plastic stuff on the palm. That stuff is like stick' em when you make contact with a leather ball. Personally, I could never throw a football worth a darn, so it's just something I wondered about. Any ex QB's out there?

The receiver gloves are too sticky. When you throw your hand comes off the ball at different points but it kind of slides off your last finger. If it’s too stick it’s going to pull the ball downward a bit and you’ll likely see some balls being dirted.

Bridgewater does wear two gloves but he uses the same glove above not the WR ones.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my point. I know he doesn't like to, I just do not understand why when he could use a receiver glove that would enhance his grip on the ball. Like I said, I never played QB, so it's just a question.

Right. But you created a thread to discuss ‘the glove thing’

Has anyone brought this up? Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one? Is his play being impacted by not?

Your thread implies this ‘glove thing’ is a know topic or story.

99.9 % of nfl qbs never wear a glove to throw. I just don’t understand what the point of the thread is.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:47 PM)OhioValley Wrote: Right. But you created a thread to discuss ‘the glove thing’

Has anyone brought this up?  Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one?  Is his play being impacted by not?

99.9 % of nfl qbs never wear a glove to throw.  I just don’t understand what the point of the thread is.

Hi random guy who's never posted here until this thread.

The OP wants to know why he doesn't.  Thats literally why the thread exists.  Its almost too clear.

Has anyone brought this up?  -  the OP did
 Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one?  - yes, the op is wondering
Is his play being impacted by not? - dont know thats why the OP asked the question

welcome to the forum and thank you for your immediate contribution.

did one of you jokers get banned recently and make this alt account?
Reply/Quote
I played baseball trying to throw with a glove for me is crazy talk. I didn't even like wearing it on my glove hand.

I also prefer eating my crab legs without gloves can't get the same feel with it on :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:47 PM)OhioValley Wrote: Right. But you created a thread to discuss ‘the glove thing’

Has anyone brought this up? Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one? Is his play being impacted by not?

99.9 % of nfl qbs never wear a glove to throw. I just don’t understand what the point of the thread is.

Great contribution out Of the gate. If you don’t see the point, don’t post. He’s asking a harmless question,
Reply/Quote
Michael Jackson wannabes.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:53 PM)motoarch Wrote: Hi random guy who's never posted here until this thread.

The OP wants to know why he doesn't.  Thats literally why the thread exists.  Its almost too clear.

Has anyone brought this up?  -  the OP did
 Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one?  - yes, the op is wondering
Is his play being impacted by not? - dont know thats why the OP asked the question

welcome to the forum and thank you for your immediate contribution.

did one of you jokers get banned recently and make this alt account?

He doesn't do it because they are tacky and it would change his whole throwing mechanics..You are essentially making the fingers bigger with with glove. You would have to space fingers farther apart. The ball needs to glide off the pinky finger..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:26 PM)Tony Wrote: He doesn't do it because they are tacky and it would change his whole throwing mechanics..You are essentially making the fingers bigger with with glove. You would have to space fingers farther apart. The ball needs to glide off the pinky finger..

Thanks

I wasn't asking the question though
Reply/Quote

This is why you Play Under Center when its Cold out... Keep them hands warm lol

I toss the ball with my friend.. Dont think we have tried with gloves.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:36 PM)motoarch Wrote: Thanks

I wasn't asking the question though

I was agreeing with you and adding to the guy who never posted here part...
Reply/Quote

Has anyone brought this up?  Are people wondering why burrow isn’t wearing one?  Is his play being impacted by not?

99.9 % of nfl qbs never wear a glove to throw.  I just don’t understand what the point of the thread is.

Don't be a Fred...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:26 PM)Tony Wrote: He doesn't do it because they are tacky and it would change his whole throwing mechanics..You are essentially making the fingers bigger with with glove. You would have to space fingers farther apart. The ball needs to glide off the pinky finger..

Makes sense I guess. Thanks
Reply/Quote
Not all gloves are made the same. I bet those gloves are nowhere near as sticky as the receiver gloves
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:23 PM)Tony Wrote: I was agreeing with you and adding to the guy who never posted here part...

Derp (me)

I was a good answer though.
Reply/Quote