Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-12-2019, 12:50 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I expect them to give him a proving year then after that decide if they can do better. Which I hope they notice the 5 yard out of bound deep ball/over throws/ eye down one receiver then look for a place to fall if he's not open or throw it away.

With Tua and Trevor biding their time......Andy needs to prove something THIS YEAR.....or adios
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A well run and preplanned draft could help as well.  It's no secret where Cincinnati needs help -- offensive line, linebackers, and secondary -- so the new coaches and Front Office can make a "decision tree" diagram and use it throughout the draft.

The secondary was ranked 7th, was it not?
Reply/Quote
Dalton has been carried by a talented roster for years sorry but Dalton is not great

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It's ridiculous how the narrative around here is that Dalton doesn't have an offense around him. Yes the O line hasn't been good the last few years but in general Andy Dalton has had some very skilled players around him. Stop making excuses for the guy. No team is perfect, no team has pro bowlers everywhere. Andy Dalton has had the luxury of having the greatest WR in Bengals history. He's also had an above average o line for several years prior to losing Whitworth and Zeitler.

We are going on damn near year 10 with this guy and people still want to deflect blame and act as if it is everyone else's fault but his. Get with the program people; he's not the franchise QB some of you thought he was. I hope the coaches and front office draft a QB early this season and stop wasting time with this guy just as they dropped Marvin Lewis.

The delusion that new coaches can just make Andy anything but average and serviceable is Hilarious.

Year 9, and Andy has had the worst run of luck of any qb in the league history!

He hasn’t had weapons! (Green, Gio, Mixon, Boyd, Ross, Eifter, Hill) all 1st and second round picks.

He has had really good online and some bad ones. Every qb deals w this.

Andy isn’t getting better. All these fans clamoring for change are then so set, adorned and infatuated with keeping a bottom half qb for another 4 years.

What a hilarious stance to take. Keep having to build the entire offense around 1 mediocre player. That’s a great success plan. You can’t fix a weak arm. Panicked decision making. Awful pocket awareness and below avg athleticism
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:01 PM)Okeana Wrote: Dalton has been carried by a talented roster for years sorry but Dalton is not great

Taylor will want HIS QB for HIS OFFENSE.......Andy will not be that guy. Make no mistake, Taylor will have someone in mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:05 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: The delusion that new coaches can just make Andy anything but average and serviceable is Hilarious.

He hasn’t had weapons!  (Green, Gio, Mixon, Boyd, Ross, Eifter, Hill) all 1st and second round picks.  

He has had really good online and some bad ones.  Every qb deals w this.  

Andy isn’t getting better.   All these fans clamoring for change are then so set, adorned and infatuated with keeping a bottom half qb for another 4 years.  

What a hilarious stance to take.  Keep having to build the entire offense around 1 mediocre player. That’s a great success plan.   You can’t fix a weak arm. Panicked decision making.  Awful pocket awareness and below avg athleticism
Sorry don;t buy it at all.. you act like our talent in last 10 years on offense has been hall of fame level.. overall outside of AJ, what really has it been expecially in the passing game..  name a great WR that has played with Andy in his career.. after that please name very good WRs that have played with Andy over the last 10 years,  I see none.. I see a good WR in Jones.. avg WR in Sanu is all in 10 years.. then name good TEs that filled in for Eiffert since he has missed more games than played.. I seen none..  I am finally excited with have a solid 2 in Boyd now.. such a shame Green got hurt.. look at the teams performance with Green and Boyd and Dalton this year.. pretty good.. if Dalton was that bad, we would have sucked.. correct ??

To look at what Andy was done as a QB and compare him to 32 teams and their overall QBS over the last 10 years and call him mediocre is laughable.... and probably a waste of a post i am writing since your bias is obvious
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry don;t buy it at all.. QBs also maybe players better.. AJ Green is great, Dalton has helped that..  Boyd has come on Dalton helped that. Eiffert and Dalton great in Red Zone.. Mixon not factor since we had such few games really with him as a factor with Andy..

Also outside of Green, name a great WR that has played with Andy in his career.. after that please name very good WRs that have played with Andy over the last 10 years,  I see none.. I see a good WR in Jones.. avg WR in Sanu is all in 10 years.. then name good TEs that filled in for Eiffert since he has missed more games than played.. I seen none.. 

To look at what Andy was done as a QB and compare him to 32 teams and their overall QBS over the last 10 years and call him mediocre is laughable.... and probably a waste of a post i am writing since your bias is obvious

Then why is he always ranked in the 14th-20th range for universally all qb rankings, and finishes nearly every season with a rating and qbr in the 15-20 range as well?

He’s the definition of mediocre. Borderline bad
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:19 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Then why is he always ranked in the 14th-20th range for universally all qb rankings, and finishes nearly every season with a rating and qbr in the 15-20 range as well?

He’s the definition of mediocre.  Borderline bad

in some ways you are correct.. without good players unless you are elite, it is hard to be in top 10 on a consistent basis.. as I stated you over hype are talent in the last 10 years epecially at WR/TE.. Where is he in wins over last 10 years ?? and i assume you believe Marvin had nothing to do with Dalton rating at times being the conservative coach.. and how is he in 4th quarter games.. TD to Int ratio.. overall wins etc

Again not even close to mediocre.. I am happy for the change in coaching, I think Andy needed a new HC to really decide if he is above average to very good QB.. Elite is not Dalton.. but how many QBs are elite and teams win with above avg... and we have with Dalton at times also.. so im ready for a new chapter with Dalton over the next two years to see what we can do..just hope we stay healthy at WR and find a better line
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: in some ways you are correct.. without good players unless you are elite, it is hard to be in top 10 on a consistent basis.. as I stated you over hype are talent in the last 10 years epecially at WR/TE.. Where is he in wins over last 10 years ?? and i assume you believe Marvin had nothing to do with Dalton rating at times being the conservative coach.. and how is he in 4th quarter games.. TD to Int ratio.. overall wins etc

Again not even close to mediocre.. I am happy for the change in coaching, I think Andy needed a new HC to really decide if he is above average to very good QB.. Elite is not Dalton.. but how many QBs are elite and teams win with above avg... and we have with Dalton at times also.. so im ready for a new chapter with Dalton over the next two years to see what we can do..just hope we stay healthy at WR and find a better line

Once again, you are lobbying for a team who has done zero for decades, to to continue to try and build an entire offense to compliment the deficiencies of one player - Andy Dalton

Not the mode, you completely neglect the defense by doing this, and you continue to try and hammer a square peg into a round hole.

I hope the new regime has the balls to rip and replace andy.  It's not like Dalton has done anything special here,  anyway 

If you are a bengals fan, and you want change, you have to be fine with them trying to get better at the most important position on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:19 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Then why is he always ranked in the 14th-20th range for universally all qb rankings, and finishes nearly every season with a rating and qbr in the 15-20 range as well?

He’s the definition of mediocre.  Borderline bad

His coach always got shut down at half time. Third quarter through mid 4th was Marvin's ghost town. All of Daltons stats basically come from 2.5 quarters of play. (1st, 2nd, second half of 4th aka why so many 4th quarter comebacks).

He was a main reason this team was 4-1 and literally looked like 2015 MVP candidate Dalton during that stretch. Eifert got hurt and Lazor showed he had a very limited game plan after that hence why he was fired.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:31 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Once again, you are lobbying for a team who has done zero for decades, to to continue to try and build an entire offense to compliment the deficiencies of one player - Andy Dalton

Not the mode, you completely neglect the defense by doing this, and you continue to try and hammer a square peg into a round hole.

I hope the new regime has the balls to rip and replace andy.  It's not like Dalton has done anything special here,  anyway 

If you are a bengals fan, and you want change, you have to be fine with them trying to get better at the most important position on the field.  

So, reach for a QB in order to replace AD at all costs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:41 PM)McC Wrote: So, reach for a QB in order to replace AD at all costs?

That appears to be the case because OHIO STATE mang Whatever

Reply/Quote
The 9th year is really when most good QBs begin to shine.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: in some ways you are correct.. without good players unless you are elite, it is hard to be in top 10 on a consistent basis.. as I stated you over hype are talent in the last 10 years epecially at WR/TE.. Where is he in wins over last 10 years ?? and i assume you believe Marvin had nothing to do with Dalton rating at times being the conservative coach.. and how is he in 4th quarter games.. TD to Int ratio.. overall wins etc

Not even close to mediocre? Look up the word in the dictionary and there's s picture of Dalton.

And I hope you're kidding about the talent around him. He has played with a top 5 receiver since he came in the league. A lot of QB's never get that opportunity. Marvin Jones was a very good receiver who left to be Detroit's number 1. Sanu was better than nearly every team's number 3 and left to be the number 2 in Atlanta. There are only a handful of elite TE's in the league, and he's had the opportunity to play with one, albeit on a part time basis due to Eifert's injury. He had one of the best left tackles in the league protecting his blind side for years. 

Only the biggest of Dalton homers could say the guy is anything more than completely average. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 9th year is really when most good QBs begin to shine.

I always heard it was year 10.  I mean, new coaches, so he gets a mulligan this year too

And price missed time, so he's basically a rookie again

Tough to gel w all the upheaval .   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:41 PM)McC Wrote: So, reach for a QB in order to replace AD at all costs?

Why would they be reaching?

Lol. I thought the new regime was going to make all then right calls

I love how any qb the bengals would select is a ‘reach’

Reach based on what? Wanting to get better at the position.

Price, OG, Ross, Fisher. That’s what reaching looks like
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:05 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: The delusion that new coaches can just make Andy anything but average and serviceable is Hilarious.

He hasn’t had weapons!  (Green, Gio, Mixon, Boyd, Ross, Eifter, Hill) all 1st and second round picks.  

He has had really good online and some bad ones.  Every qb deals w this.  

Andy isn’t getting better.   All these fans clamoring for change are then so set, adorned and infatuated with keeping a bottom half qb for another 4 years.  

What a hilarious stance to take.  Keep having to build the entire offense around 1 mediocre player. That’s a great success plan.   You can’t fix a weak arm. Panicked decision making.  Awful pocket awareness and below avg athleticism

Looks like some intelligent and more importantly objective Bengal fans have joined the message forum.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Looks like some intelligent and more importantly objective Bengal fans have joined the message forum.  Wink

We will soon find out what the next coach thinks about the QB situation.  Will he be intelligent and objective or will he be stupid and decide he doesn't need a QB just yet?  That is the question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Looks like some intelligent and more importantly objective Bengal fans have joined the message forum.  Wink

Objective?  That's a hoot.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:45 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Only the biggest of Dalton homers could say the guy is anything more than completely average. 

Under the lights the entire team was below average. Even the players that everyone agrees on. And the rosters before they even got here. It was literally Mediocre Mervs MO.

Reply/Quote